Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Jun 2012, 10:19 (Ref:3088895)   #276
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another example of not paying attention to Yellow Flags

http://youtu.be/50wBFOtoeU4
Old 11 Jun 2012, 11:02 (Ref:3088911)   #277
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Paul, you beat me to it...

Last edited by Woolley; 11 Jun 2012 at 12:24. Reason: Baiting not necessary.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 00:51 (Ref:3089327)   #278
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post

Should have his competition license suspended for 5 years - IDIOT!
Old 12 Jun 2012, 06:57 (Ref:3089375)   #279
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Should have his competition license suspended for 5 years - IDIOT!
Two cars hit the Touareg.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 09:10 (Ref:3089417)   #280
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Which two? I can only see one.

Jim
Old 12 Jun 2012, 18:46 (Ref:3089712)   #281
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post
Which two? I can only see one.

Jim
Notice how the second white car still has it's rear wing, while the first lost it, and the SUV is now turned across traffic?
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrh...e-3-crash_auto
Old 12 Jun 2012, 22:59 (Ref:3089871)   #282
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Notice how the second white car still has it's rear wing, while the first lost it, and the SUV is now turned across traffic?
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrh...e-3-crash_auto

Thanks

2 IDIOTS for a five year suspension then.

This is just plain unacceptable! Beyond belief!

Hope the officials are going through the sector times and dealing with the whole field. This is just plain wrong and bloody pointless - what are they thinking???!!
Old 12 Jun 2012, 23:09 (Ref:3089873)   #283
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can you imagine if one car actually went under the Toureg? I would assume rear bumper height on Toureg would be roughly head height on an open wheeler?
Old 13 Jun 2012, 01:44 (Ref:3089891)   #284
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
can you imagine if one car actually went under the Toureg? I would assume rear bumper height on Toureg would be roughly head height on an open wheeler?
More to the point imagine if he had sandwiched one or more of the marshalls between his car and the Toureg!
Old 13 Jun 2012, 02:49 (Ref:3089903)   #285
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Classic example of why you should send two safety vehicles to incidents like this, one to do the recovery and the other parked as a moving safety barrier between the race traffic and the marshals and driver of the race car.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 03:40 (Ref:3090507)   #286
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
I former 10/10ths regular and now Lurker PM'ed me this link.

I think we've found the reason why Drivers ignore yellow lights and flags.

http://youtu.be/6NEFYCaKakE
Old 14 Jun 2012, 04:50 (Ref:3090513)   #287
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
not knowing too much about that track, where the cars involved going significantly slower than normal? or where they at something similar to race pace?
Old 15 Jun 2012, 19:55 (Ref:3091611)   #288
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Going by the absence of control I'd say that was pretty much full chat.
Old 16 Jun 2012, 01:20 (Ref:3091716)   #289
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This comment that a driver told me sums up the state of the situation at the moment
Quote:
Yellow? Thats the signal that the car in front is slowing down, so go as fast as you can to catch up to it.
Old 16 Jun 2012, 05:48 (Ref:3091753)   #290
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I didn't know Paul Morris was racing in Germany. I'm surprised he can fit in one of those cars.

Because it's in germany/europe, I wonder if this is an effect of all the poo Michael Schumacher has been allowed to get away with or dictate? Maybe, it's a long bow, just saying...
Old 16 Jun 2012, 06:04 (Ref:3091755)   #291
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
I didn't know Paul Morris was racing in Germany. I'm surprised he can fit in one of those cars.
You spelt Steven Richards wrong (he's the only one from our series to hit the safety car )
Old 16 Jun 2012, 06:18 (Ref:3091760)   #292
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
You spelt Steven Richards wrong
Hehehe, fair enough. I suppose, unlike Paul, he can fit into one of those things. Although, those cars seemed to be going quickly, not sure if it could be Steve.

Quote:
(he's the only one from our series to hit the safety car )
You mean, there's something on a racetrack Paul Morris hasn't hit?*

*Could go on all day!
Old 16 Jun 2012, 06:19 (Ref:3091761)   #293
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
You mean, there's something on a racetrack Paul Morris hasn't hit?*
He did give it his best shot at clipsal a few years ago (a late swerve and he just missed)
Old 16 Jun 2012, 06:45 (Ref:3091764)   #294
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
You spelt Steven Richards wrong (he's the only one from our series to hit the safety car )
when?
Old 16 Jun 2012, 06:48 (Ref:3091766)   #295
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
when?
If you dont get it, you wont get it

Luckily the person who i quoted got it
Old 17 Jun 2012, 08:32 (Ref:3093289)   #296
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its interesting watching Le Mans this weekend.

Cars in gravel traps or parked up with a mechanical failures have for the most part been covered by local yellows, with drivers reacting accordingly, and relatively little use of the safety car.

A pity we can't get our drivers, particularly 28 of the 'best' in one category, to do the same....
Old 17 Jun 2012, 11:17 (Ref:3093515)   #297
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Its interesting watching Le Mans this weekend.

Cars in gravel traps or parked up with a mechanical failures have for the most part been covered by local yellows, with drivers reacting accordingly, and relatively little use of the safety car.

A pity we can't get our drivers, particularly 28 of the 'best' in one category, to do the same....
If a person does something stupid and gets away with it, They have still done something stupid.

Maybe Le Mans need to work on their safety a little.

Been a long time since we have seen a V8 supercar flying
Old 17 Jun 2012, 16:32 (Ref:3093714)   #298
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Been a long time since we have seen a V8 supercar flying
V8's don't weigh 900kg and have flat floors though...
Old 17 Jun 2012, 18:02 (Ref:3093740)   #299
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Probably not a popular opinion, but there were a couple of things I noticed about that video:

1. I think the whole field needs a look at not just those two drivers - they were certainly going no faster than the rest of them, they just happened to be the ones to lose control. You look at the cars preceding them and they just about held it together - one even four-wheel drifts at one point and just about corrects it to keep it under control.

2. I'm unfamiliar with the circuit but it certainly appears that this was an obstruction on the racing line, going from the rubber on the track. I think a safety car was needed at that point. Even though the drivers should have slowed down it is still too dangerous to have marshals working on that car when they were on the racing line. An obstruction on the racing line warrants a safety car

I understand that drivers really need to start having pressure put on them to actually slow down in a yellow flag area, but I think there were other factors here contributing to what we see here. I think this shows actually just how lucky we are to have people volunteer to marshal and put themselves deliberately into harm's way
Old 17 Jun 2012, 23:51 (Ref:3093869)   #300
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Because it's in germany/europe, I wonder if this is an effect of all the poo Michael Schumacher has been allowed to get away with or dictate?
Yes, among others. And Alonso in Brazil proved that safety car flags and boards are not much more successful.

IMO, every time a driver complains about being affected by safety cars they should be made to watch this video to remind them

a) why we need them, and
b) why we wouldn't need them (and don't want them) if only they responded appropriately. Ball's in your court, guys.