Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 11 Nov 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3165294)   #76
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Johanna's cars are probably newer than Danica's. ML Motorsports is low on staff, but not low on good equipment. Not that it matters how they do against each other; it's how they do against everyone else, and I'm not impressed with either yet (I say yet for Johanna...Danica, well, I don't expect to ever be).

Still, I think JRM's equipment and team are very overrated. Cole Whitt's better than what he's done this year.

Then again, the main excuse was the Eury family being incompetent. They're both gone, so I guess now we're seeing Danica's current ability in NNS better than ever before: she is a driver who can run P6 to P10 all day and find a way to finish P12 after grueling battles with Mike Bliss and Joe Nemechek.

Of course, 2 top tens in the last 4 races is better than, say, 2 top tens in the first 28.

A whole lot of words to say I think she's a decent Nationwide driver.
Old 11 Nov 2012, 23:07 (Ref:3165308)   #77
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You know, Danica's had a good run...

...but she can't just do it cleanly and without controversy. I guess these longer races give her too much time to be herself.
Old 12 Nov 2012, 17:53 (Ref:3165554)   #78
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
Then again, the main excuse was the Eury family being incompetent. They're both gone,
I thought only Eury Jr is the weak member of the family.
Didn't have Sr a lot of succes in the pas?
Old 12 Nov 2012, 20:35 (Ref:3165606)   #79
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I thought only Eury Jr is the weak member of the family.
Didn't have Sr a lot of succes in the pas?
Yeah, but it was a different world back then.

I've heard, whether it's true or not, that both members of the Eury family really don't embrace technology and haven't moved forward with the sport. They want to set cars up the way they set the old cars up, and they prefer a sledgehammer to software.

I guess having heard those things all year, and then seeing both Whitt and Patrick run better without them around, makes me think it's credible that the Eury boys held them back a bit.
Old 12 Nov 2012, 21:22 (Ref:3165626)   #80
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remain to be convinced that the Eurys were the problem, and in any case, that would not explain Cole Whitt's poor results. Personally, I've never really rated him particularly anyway.

As for Danica, I think Cup's loss will be Nationwide' gain. She is far too aggressive far too early on in races; she runs them as if she is running a ten lap Formula Ford race at Brands Hatch, and she used to wreck in those, too.

I wonder just how long Smoke will put up with it if she continues to destroy equipment when she moves to SHR in Cup.
Old 14 Nov 2012, 21:27 (Ref:3166402)   #81
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honestly, 16th place in Cup is a damn good result for her. Problem is, whether her fault or others', we might not see this performance again from her for awhile. If she didn't have her spinout on the last lap, I wonder if she would have finished higher.
Old 16 Nov 2012, 04:27 (Ref:3166943)   #82
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Honestly, 16th place in Cup is a damn good result for her. Problem is, whether her fault or others', we might not see this performance again from her for awhile. If she didn't have her spinout on the last lap, I wonder if she would have finished higher.
She was pushed!
Old 16 Nov 2012, 04:49 (Ref:3166944)   #83
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
If you mean spun out by someone, i forgot to add that in there. I heard it was the #31 who spun her at the end.
Old 16 Nov 2012, 07:34 (Ref:3166958)   #84
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
If you mean spun out by someone, i forgot to add that in there. I heard it was the #31 who spun her at the end.
You're right!

Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPaUI56_Kgo

at 2:28:00 plus a second or 2.

#31 (Burton) just drives into her!
Old 16 Nov 2012, 14:30 (Ref:3167085)   #85
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
She was pushed!
Yep, you're right. For once, a Danica wreck for which she was not directly responsible; Jeff Burton turned her round.

Jeff is not normally a driver renowned as an Evil Wrecker, though; indeed, he normally eschews contact. Had there been some previous earlier in the same race?
Old 16 Nov 2012, 19:36 (Ref:3167185)   #86
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
Yep, you're right. For once, a Danica wreck for which she was not directly responsible; Jeff Burton turned her round.

Jeff is not normally a driver renowned as an Evil Wrecker, though; indeed, he normally eschews contact. Had there been some previous earlier in the same race?
You took the words from my mouth. That looked very 'un-Burton-like'. He's not the type of guy that will get run over either.
Old 16 Nov 2012, 20:05 (Ref:3167192)   #87
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
No, there had been no incident between Patrick and Burton earlier. Burton cut the dog leg and messed up his re-entry.

They were battling for 13th at the time, so she was headed for that result.

I think the more worrying part about her day was the stuff with Hornish. She needs to just run a clean race.

Tony Gibson, as a crew chief, has been very successful at Phoenix with Ryan Newman, so I guess it's not a huge surprise Patrick ran well.
Old 17 Nov 2012, 05:24 (Ref:3167330)   #88
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
^ So, crews for a team really do matter, since the crew swaps, it really helped her out. Would have been nice to see her get more positions. If she can get more results like this, we will really have to rethink our opinions of her

Another example of crews being so key, Look how Aric A is running now Too bad it was at the expense of Ambrose.

I wonder exactly what the Hornish thing was about. Hopefully Danica didn't intentionally wreck him again.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 21:08 (Ref:3169170)   #89
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Danica divorce

http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cu...nd-to-divorce/
Old 20 Nov 2012, 21:37 (Ref:3169187)   #90
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I heard through the rumor mill that it was actually breakfast...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
I'm going to invoke my 5th amendment privilege and that's all I'll say about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
I'm not saying anything, just saying.
Old 21 Nov 2012, 04:08 (Ref:3169295)   #91
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
That was going on for a bit. Troubles first surfaced in mid 2009...yeah. Wouldn't be very nice to go on about it.
Old 21 Nov 2012, 04:56 (Ref:3169308)   #92
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's been doomed for a while. I never understood it to begin with, except that she does like older men.
Old 21 Nov 2012, 10:03 (Ref:3169363)   #93
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
WTF was she thinking marrying a 40yo when she was 23 - slap some sense into her DanicaFan
Old 21 Nov 2012, 16:49 (Ref:3169479)   #94
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
She's just been voted 'Most Popular Driver' in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. Junior is always a shoe-in for the similar award in the Nextel Sprint Cup, so perhaps they'd make an ideal couple? Until she wrecks him, that is....
Old 21 Nov 2012, 22:33 (Ref:3169606)   #95
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
It's been doomed for a while. I never understood it to begin with, except that she does like older men.
Ricky Stenhouse has tried really hard to change that.
Old 22 Nov 2012, 11:48 (Ref:3169772)   #96
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1yrn1Q21zk
Old 23 Nov 2012, 20:21 (Ref:3170332)   #97
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Danica's apparently going to run select NNS events in the Richard Childress Racing #33. No excuses now; that's a good ride and she's been at this for a while. Unless Tony Eury follows her there, no one to blame.

Just as Richard made Austin hold his watch while he beat up Kyle Busch, I wonder if he'll make him hold his wedding ring while he talks to his new driver...
Old 23 Nov 2012, 21:21 (Ref:3170347)   #98
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I'm not saying anything, just saying.
Old 23 Nov 2012, 21:41 (Ref:3170353)   #99
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
This thread is giving me nightmares.