Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Apr 2001, 00:02 (Ref:77519)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jim Richards has signed with FTR for the QLD 500 and Bathurst to race with his son Steven Richards. Steve was very quick at PI, and beat the boss, and Jimbo is as good a co-driver as they come.

One thing, where do you think this leaves John Bowe and the CAT team? This is my conspiracy theory- Because Bowe is now driving for Prancing Horse Racing in GTP, they might be able to sign Mark Noske....that is, if he is allowed to drive this year...(remember the HRT fiasco from last year?)
Old 5 Apr 2001, 01:50 (Ref:77573)   #2
tickfordchick
Racer

tickfordchick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that is GREAT news ... but just one question : who will be Glenn's co-driver for the enduro's??
Old 5 Apr 2001, 02:28 (Ref:77581)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
seems we have a sudden shortage of experienced drivers in Australia...good to see Jim going to FTR I think Steve and him will make a lovely couple

the CAT thing sounds like a good option Crash test..Mark Noske will probably be a good choice as for glenn Seton ..who knows ?
Old 5 Apr 2001, 06:59 (Ref:77620)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's right- no BTCC drivers or DTM drivers will be raicng in the enduros this year....but what about Cleland? I think you'll find guys like Ritter, Leahey, and a lot of FF/FH drivers will be getting top rides this year...i just hope that Wayne Wakefield can jag a ride somewhere
Old 5 Apr 2001, 11:05 (Ref:77670)   #5
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Me too crash, I want to see that Chiko Chick again, like

I bet a few more teams than last year are after Wayne Gardner's services this year.
Old 5 Apr 2001, 14:20 (Ref:77734)   #6
tickfordchick
Racer

tickfordchick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Crash Test
That's right- no BTCC drivers or DTM drivers will be raicng in the enduros this year
good, no more Matt Neal screw up's!!
Old 5 Apr 2001, 22:50 (Ref:77919)   #7
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Yesssss....

Just to remind all you poms what your hero Mr Neal did at Bathurst last year- While he was being lapped by a factory Ford and Holden, who were battling for the lead, he proceeded to cart them both off into the scenery, in what was the dumbest move of all time (sorry, second biggest to anything Ingally does).
Old 6 Apr 2001, 11:28 (Ref:78053)   #8
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well said Crash Dude,

Bloody Poms, and we have to share a Forum with them. Wouldn't know a real car if it ran over them at the lights!

Plus, in the true spirit of cross pollination (of forums I mean), I could never stand Carl Fogarty!
Old 6 Apr 2001, 11:58 (Ref:78062)   #9
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Carl Fogarty....shudder

And did someone say Nigel Mansell will be commentating? If the sound of the cars aint put ya to sleep, the talking head will

(At this point I'd like to say that Nige is probably the best driver i have ever seen in action...but he can bore the socks off a black and white cat...)

Nah, the BTCC is ok, there's still CLELAND! What's that? He doesnt race in 'em anymore? Oh well...