Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 9 Jun 2012, 03:58 (Ref:3087812)   #26
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
DanicaFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I prefer a central topic. What's wrong with that?
To be honest, its ridiculous. It is censorship in its worst form. If this is the way it's going to be then this will be another forum that I leave and not post at. I will stay current with my other forums that dont mind if I post about Danica or something else 10 times a day.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 04:29 (Ref:3087817)   #27
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicaFan View Post
To be honest, its ridiculous. It is censorship in its worst form. If this is the way it's going to be then this will be another forum that I leave and not post at. I will stay current with my other forums that dont mind if I post about Danica or something else 10 times a day.
OK fine have it your way!

No it's not ridiculous when it's one driver and you don't need multiple threads focused on little pieces of minutiae news about her daily movements and what she had for lunch today. If it's a major announcement that is newsworthy that is one thing, but PR pap is another when it comes to posting a bazillion different threads. If fact, IRC a few years ago this forum started a section of the forum to post press releases as the forum was getting overwhelmed by a million different PR puff threads. None of us here share your heightened state of awareness and interest in danica and if someone does they'll be chock a block happy to pore over this thread with interest.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 08:15 (Ref:3087863)   #28
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It is censorship in its worst form.
Certainly.

The USSR/Third Reich has nothing on a few mods tired of an overzealous fan's unhealthy obsession.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 11:21 (Ref:3087933)   #29
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Whilst I admire DF's unstinting enthusiasm for all things Danica, having it all in one thread makes sense to me personally as I don't rate her at all, not one little bit.

She's a just okay pro race driver, no more than that. Good luck to her & to DF but too many threads about her (& more than one is too many) is really not deserved. Hope that DF chooses to stay but if not, no great drama.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 12:25 (Ref:3087965)   #30
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I have respect for your devotion to Danica Patrick but now you sound like a 5 year old kid.

BTW in the past Montoya (when we had still hope he would win a oval race ) had his own topic, so Danica is not the first.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 16:26 (Ref:3088063)   #31
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I will stay current with my other forums that dont mind if I post about Danica or something else 10 times a day.

Srsly?
Old 9 Jun 2012, 16:53 (Ref:3088078)   #32
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well I for one am enraged that we don't have millions of Danica Patrick threads.

Absolutely seething I am.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 16:57 (Ref:3088079)   #33
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It isn't censorship, it is common sense. A thread of your very own to post Danica stuff. Yeah, awful treatment!

You are more than welcome to post all you want about the lady of your life, but having hundreds of threads on fundamentally similar things just clutters what is a fairly quiet forum. I don't start hundreds of Montoya threads for this reason.

Another bonus is there will be less criticism of Danica in a thread of her own because haters will ignore the thread. Think about that: a thread where Danica fans can get each other hyped and excited without too much outside interference. Heaven! Whereas thread #357 will attract derogatory comments. Everyone is happy.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 20:07 (Ref:3088189)   #34
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
DanicaFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I guess we can all disagree but I still think its a bit much. Because what will come next, a one lump thread for all races in a season ? Who knows ?

Oh well, nothing personal to anyone but I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the racing season. It should be a good one.

Maybe I will see you all at the track !
Old 9 Jun 2012, 21:37 (Ref:3088226)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Clearly each race is a different narrative worthy of its own.

A new livery is a small part of one big Danica story.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 22:43 (Ref:3088256)   #36
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well I guess we can all disagree but I still think its a bit much. Because what will come next, a one lump thread for all races in a season ? Who knows ?
Well.. no, because races have much more to them than a press release and some pictures. It's not a bad thing that you post news about Danica, but I don't see why every single piece of minute news deserves it's own thread.

Isn't a policy of the forum to merge threads of similar topic into one thread? Obviously with all the news relating to Danica that seems to come up, we need a separate thread to keep the forum tidy, it's a common practice within 10-Tenths.

I'm sure if more Clint Boywer news comes up (and believe me, I'll be the first to get it on this forum), then perhaps we should consider having a thread for him?

Anywho, back on topic. What's Danica been up to lately then?
Old 12 Jun 2012, 05:25 (Ref:3089359)   #37
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Whilst I admire DF's unstinting enthusiasm for all things Danica, having it all in one thread makes sense to me personally as I don't rate her at all, not one little bit.

She's a just okay pro race driver, no more than that. Good luck to her & to DF but too many threads about her (& more than one is too many) is really not deserved. Hope that DF chooses to stay but if not, no great drama.
+ a gazillion
Old 15 Jun 2012, 04:34 (Ref:3091236)   #38
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what did Danica have for dinner last night guys??

I must know!! where is DF when you need him!!
Old 16 Jun 2012, 20:08 (Ref:3092593)   #39
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Danica spins all alone a lap one...quick, start a new thread.
Old 18 Jun 2012, 00:44 (Ref:3093882)   #40
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Danica has signed a deal with Danica for the Sonic & All-Starts Racing Transformed game. She will be a character in the game.
As if Mario Kart with "Mario" crossed out and replaced with Sonic wasn't lame enough, now they add another talentless hack to the game. Sonic hasn't been worth a bucket of monkey crap since the Genesis, so dropping a deuce like Danica in there is a perfect fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicaArmy201223 View Post
God I love that car she the future of nascar and the 2012 nationwide champion
It burns when Mountain Dew shoots out your nose. I wanted to take a moment to thank you for that incredible sensation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
what happens if the car falls out of the top 35?
WTF???
she is on just over half the points of the leader Elliott Sadler

Future of NASCAR? Hardly.

Future of using non-driving abilities to get somewhere far and above where Her driving abilities should place Her in Her driving career? Queen thereof
Wait..., "look okay in a bikini" isn't a driving skill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Instag8or View Post
Nicky, are you actually insinuating that Danica's fanbase possesses any common sense?
I guess that's a rhetorical question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
It is, because thousands of kids will be driving her car. She represents motorsport better than Mario Kart.
Hardly. Besides, millions of kids and adults enjoy the living crap out of Mario Kart. Let Danica have her thousands in an uninspired knock-off of the real Mario Kart with characters that never mattered in a very long time.
Old 18 Jun 2012, 01:12 (Ref:3093888)   #41
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan_PJN View Post
Sonic hasn't been worth a bucket of monkey crap since the Genesis, so dropping a deuce like Danica in there is a perfect fit.
My six year old is highly offended by this unwarranted and utterly uncalled for attack on a completely innocent and defenseless hedgehog.
Old 18 Jun 2012, 01:21 (Ref:3093891)   #42
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To be fair, most Danica threads are actually "race threads", just race threads that she is in. If people don't like it, then start the race threads yourself before DanicaFan does
Don't leave DanicaFan, there shouldn't be any problem with mentioning her toilet breaks in this thread
Old 18 Jun 2012, 03:08 (Ref:3093906)   #43
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
My six year old is highly offended by this unwarranted and utterly uncalled for attack on a completely innocent and defenseless hedgehog.
Hope he's not completely defenseless, needs something to protect him from Mario's antics and Danica's tantrums. Sorry, that one was too good for me to pass up.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 03:41 (Ref:3094539)   #44
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Word just in that danica ate at Panera Bread today. No details yet on what exactly she had for lunch but it was believed to be some sort of soup and sandwich combo. Hopefully danicafan is on the ball and can fill us in on the details as they become available.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 11:55 (Ref:3094789)   #45
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to seeing Danica on a road course this weekend. Or at least vaguely near the road course. In some gravel.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 15:39 (Ref:3094910)   #46
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be fair, wasn't all Danica's early career based around open-wheeled formulae on road circuits?

Sadly, I think that she is more than likely to end up in the kitty litter at some point, as I believe she is overly aggressive, and doesn't possess the fine judgement to pull out of situations which are likely to result in extreme negative outcomes....

Last edited by Clive Brown; 19 Jun 2012 at 15:59.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 18:00 (Ref:3094991)   #47
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
To be fair, wasn't all Danica's early career based around open-wheeled formulae on road circuits?
Yep

If I remember well she start in UK Formula Ford.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 19:37 (Ref:3095073)   #48
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, she did indeed race in British Formula Ford;

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yahW3YrFYKM
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esfvblJQTQ4
Old 20 Jun 2012, 10:15 (Ref:3095337)   #49
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
She wont be the only one ending up in kitty litter at road america... Still, should be fun to watch
Old 20 Jun 2012, 11:49 (Ref:3095369)   #50
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
She wont be the only one ending up in kitty litter at road america... Still, should be fun to watch
With harpoon Jacques on the prowl this weekend, there'll likely be plenty of cats in the kitty litter.