Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Mar 2018, 19:46 (Ref:3808214)   #126
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Announced in Autosport today is news of a tribute to Henry Hope-Frost at the meeting on Saturday. Plans are for all race car engines to be started for a ‘Minute of Fever’ just before the F5000 demo. Sounds very fitting.
I see they're also planning various stickers & badges etc to be on sale or for donations to funds in his memory. Also the Just Giving page set up for his family has reached over £85K against a target of £38K - very impressive.

I don't pity whoever will be doing pit / paddock commentary in place of HHF - tough act to follow especially given the circumstances.
Old 16 Mar 2018, 08:02 (Ref:3808289)   #127
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like temperatures are going to struggle to top freezing this weekend and apart from the obvious , everyone keeping warm , will the weather affect the running of competing cars engines ? I recall chatting to Rob Cox and he told me they couldn't get a car he was testing running due to very low temperatures . ( I think it was his Hart powered Black Brick Caterham)

Thanks to Tim Barry for answering my query regarding his March 76A and good luck this weekend running his Trojan .
Old 16 Mar 2018, 08:14 (Ref:3808291)   #128
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes we suffer from icing of the car and of course gearboxes and diffs need to get warm too.

If it snows as it is forecast I'm not sure what we do apart from pack up and go home.

Then there's the spectators. Will they bother?

Nice and sunny, if chilly right now.
Old 16 Mar 2018, 08:55 (Ref:3808295)   #129
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
Thanks for the answer Peter and good luck to you and any other Tenthers competing ( or spectating !) this weekend .
Old 16 Mar 2018, 08:56 (Ref:3808296)   #130
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
Thanks for the answer Peter and good luck to you and any other Tenthers competing ( or spectating or officiating !) this weekend .
Old 16 Mar 2018, 09:17 (Ref:3808301)   #131
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Well , last year I had to head home with a serious back problem on the Sat morning of MM (which lasted for 4 months ) so snow be damned , another coffee , a read of the paper and then I am heading the 300miles south . Happy days
Old 17 Mar 2018, 05:44 (Ref:3808464)   #132
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Had a nice day yesterday getting set up . Caught up with many friends who popped by for a chat . Just off now back and see how the day goes . Wish me luck , don’t think team Delta have ever run a Maserati . Not in the snow that’s for sure .
Old 17 Mar 2018, 06:30 (Ref:3808465)   #133
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Hope it all goes well for you and all the other tenthers there. I hear that at the end of yesterday the track was washed to remove any mud, so if it froze last night first cars out this morning could have fun!
Old 17 Mar 2018, 06:56 (Ref:3808467)   #134
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hope it all goes well for you and all the other tenthers there. I hear that at the end of yesterday the track was washed to remove any mud, so if it froze last night first cars out this morning could have fun!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 17 Mar 2018, 07:20 (Ref:3808470)   #135
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
As long as they don’t get the local council gritters out......

While just sorting out the video stream, I found that ITV4 will feature 2hrs of live coverage from 1400 to 1600 hrs, showing GMT, Bolster Cup and Gurney Cup, which means it’s tomorrow. (Hopefully- the release didn’t say the day.... )

In the meantime- Here’s the YouTube channel link..... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YboNXPkXsGA

Last edited by Mike Bell; 17 Mar 2018 at 07:39.
Old 17 Mar 2018, 08:11 (Ref:3808474)   #136
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks of the link, whilst we're waiting for the "hunt" to take to the track I'm just wondering who has taken over HHF's duties on the grid, a somewhat unenviable task.
Old 17 Mar 2018, 08:51 (Ref:3808480)   #137
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Yippee! We’re up and running. I’m not going anywhere as it’s snowing.....

If you get the chance, read the HHF obituary in Autosport penned by Marcus Pye. Very much from the heart.
Old 17 Mar 2018, 08:57 (Ref:3808482)   #138
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think I just heard Marcus Pye say it had been gritted overnight but since been swept off???
Old 17 Mar 2018, 09:19 (Ref:3808488)   #139
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
That’s what he said- Well, to be exact he said ‘salted’ overnight and swept off, presumably this morning..... Looked OK, but would still make me nervous, thinking there could be salt dust being thrown up......

Great lap by Billy in the green SLR to place it P3 on the grid!
Old 17 Mar 2018, 09:35 (Ref:3808491)   #140
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Could this be the year when the weather eventually plays a hand in the meeting? Currently forecast for ‘Son of’ beast from the east to hit the UK at the end of the week, with overnight frost, temps just above freezing on Sunday and possible light snow in the morning.......

I’ll be tucked up warm with link to the YouTube stream saved ready! With Sebring 12 on Saturday as well, plenty to watch from the comfort of the old sofa.

Sadly there will be no Frost this year #Fever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17 Mar 2018, 09:38 (Ref:3808492)   #141
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
At least one 904 driven properly
Probably all have late 6 cyl.engines and none with 4 cams
Can’t blame them.
Weather due to snow late morning
Attlebough cut off yet?
Old 17 Mar 2018, 09:49 (Ref:3808496)   #142
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I gather Brands Hatch circuit activity has been cancelled this weekend, due to the forecast of rather than as a result of bad weather. Can’t hear anything going round at Snett, but wind is wrong direction anyway.... Still snowing, but no doubt a lot warmer where you are, John!
Old 17 Mar 2018, 10:01 (Ref:3808498)   #143
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Should be up to 29 today!
Grumpy has my remaining 356 race car in Moss Trophy so that should give me something to keep me amused before we Tee Off
Paul Hocking just had his first venture out since an extremely serious motorbike accident two years ago,in my old Simca Abarth.One tough bloke! Not ideal car to return with.
Seems lots of my old stuff there with Pre A and Fillipiniti 904 and probably some others.
A Pre War race without a Talbot! Others obviously scared!
Old 17 Mar 2018, 10:35 (Ref:3808502)   #144
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Good to see Paul back out in the Simca Abarth....it has been a while!
Mag 7's #60
Old 17 Mar 2018, 11:14 (Ref:3808506)   #145
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well we qualified 15th on a very slippy track. Third of the Rovers. The pace of development of the Capris and FWD cars is awesome!

Still good fun though.
Old 17 Mar 2018, 11:15 (Ref:3808508)   #146
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Impressed with snow!
Old 17 Mar 2018, 11:21 (Ref:3808509)   #147
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
F5000 in the snow....
Mag 7's #60
Old 17 Mar 2018, 12:14 (Ref:3808515)   #148
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Is Andy Prill pooping himself in Pooper?

Should this practise be happening.

Be no F1 stuff in this type of weather.
Old 17 Mar 2018, 13:01 (Ref:3808525)   #149
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Needed Talbot in Pre War race
Monza with a proper driver was always going to be to quick by rest by about an hour
Talbot or Alta would have got lot closer
Patch will have to slow down tomorrow
Old 17 Mar 2018, 13:19 (Ref:3808529)   #150
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
‘Little Knob’ getting plenty of coverage......