Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 13 Feb 2018, 23:17 (Ref:3801152)   #1771
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe has a real shot at the podium!skycafe has a real shot at the podium!skycafe has a real shot at the podium!skycafe has a real shot at the podium!skycafe has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Most sensible statement of late. Beef, chicken or carnitas? Soft shell or hard shell? Gringo or Mexican?
Don't go forgetting fish or shrimp as viable options. Soft. Mexigo. And don't forget the cilantro in the salsa
Old 14 Feb 2018, 02:43 (Ref:3801167)   #1772
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Don't go forgetting fish or shrimp as viable options. Soft. Mexigo. And don't forget the cilantro in the salsa
Didn't forget. Just don't like fish and don't want shrimp in a taco.

Salsas? Don't get me started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
There is a Greenville contingent embarking on this age old political minefield of tacos as a Valentine's present to ourselves.

Will report casualties in about 26 hours.
Can't wait to hear!
Old 14 Feb 2018, 04:26 (Ref:3801180)   #1773
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 has a real shot at the championship!TF110 has a real shot at the championship!TF110 has a real shot at the championship!TF110 has a real shot at the championship!TF110 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post
Because 2 well-funded factory hybrids vs 8 privateers in brand-new cars that may or may not be sorted and whose funding ranges from "not bad" to "the give-a-penny-take-a-penny dish at the bodega" maybe doesn't sound like the most exciting thing in the world?

It's going to take an absolute Toyota meltdown to make P1 anything more than a curiosity.
Sounds like DPi, except not as bad. At least there's only two Toyota's, in DPi you now have 4 Cadillac's! The worst part is in DPi, it's supposed to be a BOP class, but they're never that equal. In lmp1, if someone does a better job, it's because they actually did a better job. Though I do think the Oreca Acura will be a challenge to the Caddy dominance and I think the private lmp1's will be really fast with 700hp and 833kg.
Old 14 Feb 2018, 11:51 (Ref:3801275)   #1774
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Sounds like DPi, except not as bad.
You should probably see a medic, as I'm sure you've torn a rotator cuff with a reach like that.

Quote:
At least there's only two Toyota's, in DPi you now have 4 Cadillac's!
Hmmm...last year a Nissan DPi and a Ligier P2 also won races (and an Oreca missed out only due to poor strategy). How many non-Toyotas do you think will win this year?

Quote:
In lmp1, if someone does a better job, it's because they actually did a better job.
I guess that's one way of saying "has the power and budget of top-tier global automaker and is competing against privateers in unproven (and in some cases rushed) customer cars-slash-vanity projects."

As I said, without a full-on Toyota meltdown, the rest of the P1 field is spending astronomical amounts of cash to fight for 3rd.
Old 14 Feb 2018, 15:22 (Ref:3801306)   #1775
Matt
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
TF110 is a Toyota/Lexus fanboy though.

I'd expect his tune to do a 180 if Toyota pulls out and a Lexus DPi happens.
Old 14 Feb 2018, 16:58 (Ref:3801322)   #1776
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 has a real shot at the championship!TF110 has a real shot at the championship!TF110 has a real shot at the championship!TF110 has a real shot at the championship!TF110 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
You should probably see a medic, as I'm sure you've torn a rotator cuff with a reach like that.
And you should get your 'funny bone' checked, I guess you missed the joke

Quote:
Hmmm...last year a Nissan DPi and a Ligier P2 also won races (and an Oreca missed out only due to poor strategy). How many non-Toyotas do you think will win this year?
Defensive much? Two wins from a non-Cadillac in how many races? Amazing! I don't try to predict the future. But like I said, at least in lmp1 you know who did the best job because the rules are actually equalized. Unlike the bop lottery which can be gamed.

Quote:
I guess that's one way of saying "has the power and budget of top-tier global automaker and is competing against privateers in unproven (and in some cases rushed) customer cars-slash-vanity projects."
Again, just like DPi. I'm sounding like a broken record here. Cadillac had the Dallara nearly half a year before any other DPi team, even more than some other lmp2's. They get a pass? Are they not a top-tier global automaker competing against privateers in unproven and rushed customer cars? (Riley, Ligier, 'Mazda')

Quote:
As I said, without a full-on Toyota meltdown, the rest of the P1 field is spending astronomical amounts of cash to fight for 3rd.
You know their budget figures? Fighting for 3rd is what most if not all of the teams in DPi/prototype are doing. Hoping one or more Cadillac's have an off day is pretty much comparable to the situation your criticizing in the WEC. That's the point I'm making. Both series have nearly the same issue, but one series is supposed to be much more equal in a competitor's view with bop. In the WEC it's up to the team to make their car better. In IMSA it's the rule makers bop decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
TF110 is a Toyota/Lexus fanboy though.

I'd expect his tune to do a 180 if Toyota pulls out and a Lexus DPi happens.
I'm an lmp1 fanboy, not just a Toyota fanboy. It is my favorite brand, but I like more than only them. I guess you missed the smiley face, indicating it was a joke? BTW, I didn't like when Lexus was in DP before with Scott Pruett winning all the time because the car was ugly and not really a 'Lexus'.

Last edited by TF110; 14 Feb 2018 at 17:08.
Old 14 Feb 2018, 23:20 (Ref:3801401)   #1777
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith has a real shot at the podium!carbsmith has a real shot at the podium!carbsmith has a real shot at the podium!carbsmith has a real shot at the podium!carbsmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I prefer the more amusing way to look at it, which is that Cadillac won nearly as many consecutive races last year as there are WEC races this season anyways. If you could watch that for 8 races you can watch WEC for 8 races. Besides, everyone was so insistent on how much better Cadillac curb stomps were than WEC because they had car variety, so the half dozen different chassis in LMP1 should be irresistible.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 07:03 (Ref:3801470)   #1778
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
I prefer the more amusing way to look at it, which is that Cadillac won nearly as many consecutive races last year as there are WEC races this season anyways. If you could watch that for 8 races you can watch WEC for 8 races. Besides, everyone was so insistent on how much better Cadillac curb stomps were than WEC because they had car variety, so the half dozen different chassis in LMP1 should be irresistible.
Hopefully both series put on good races up front. Even if it is the same winner, at least a fight for it is worth watching.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 11:24 (Ref:3801560)   #1779
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
Old 15 Feb 2018, 16:35 (Ref:3801616)   #1780
Matt
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/1...at-beat-toyota

Only Toyota is allowed to win.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 16:53 (Ref:3801624)   #1781
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
How many threads does this need to be posted on? It's not even relevant to IMSA I didn't see anything that said only Toyota is allowed to win, only that the data they have now is what sets the eot and it shouldn't be exceeded, the same thing they use in lmp2 and GTE.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 17:02 (Ref:3801628)   #1782
Matt
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
We are discussing WEC and Toyota in both threads.

Run along now.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 17:55 (Ref:3801648)   #1783
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
We are discussing WEC and Toyota in both threads.

Run along now.
No, I think in fact he would be correct and a posting regarding a non-IMSA spec car in the IMSA thread is stirring the pot. Makes you look like a petulant little kid who wants a reaction to feel like you're smarter. Looks more like the ignore button is the better option.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 20:45 (Ref:3801688)   #1784
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We can talk about the WEC and the EoT in a WEC thread.

There is no need for this. There is no need for patronising comments either.
Old 16 Feb 2018, 06:38 (Ref:3801766)   #1785
btracing82
Rookie

btracing82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe I can be the one to real this conversation back on topic but on Racer Marshall mentioned something about the Grasser Lambo's skipping the Sebring practice but would be there for the race I thought they where Daytona only and focusing on defending there blancpain GT championship