Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 16 Dec 2017, 12:22 (Ref:3787454)   #16
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
It looks like Blackdog Speedshop is likely returning to PWC GTS with their Camaro GT4s.
Neat, what's the link to the YouTube channel or other free streaming service that they promptly upload the races to?
Old 16 Dec 2017, 14:18 (Ref:3787474)   #17
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
Neat, what's the link to the YouTube channel or other free streaming service that they promptly upload the races to?
The GTS races were all streamed live (and free) on the series website last year. We'll have to wait and see what 2018 brings for replay archives, but if a motortrendondemand subscription is still required, it's really not all that expensive. I've probably spent more on Bratwurst at Road America in a single weekend than an entire year of MToD would cost.
https://www.motortrendondemand.com/subscribe/
Old 23 Dec 2017, 17:32 (Ref:3788866)   #18
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GMG Motorsports - Audi R8 LMS GT4 - Cameron Lawrence / Rick Parfitt Jnr / Daren Jorgensen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 28 Dec 2017, 02:29 (Ref:3789392)   #19
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure of the official European price, but a VW GTI TCR is $144,900, imported, duties paid, checked over / run tested, delivered and ready to race.
Old 28 Dec 2017, 08:27 (Ref:3789412)   #20
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
I'm not sure of the official European price, but a VW GTI TCR is $144,900, imported, duties paid, checked over / run tested, delivered and ready to race.
Ä90,000 with a DSG gearbox, or Ä110,000 with a sequential. A six race European season "including travel, technical support and all of that jazz, youíre looking at roughly 150-180,000 euros".

According to drivetribe. Not the best source, but sounds reasonable.
Old 28 Dec 2017, 13:35 (Ref:3789456)   #21
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
Based on that, it's roughly 39% higher than European base price. So Presumably the R8 GT4 could be a lot closer to $300k delivered with all-inclusive taxes, delivery and basic prep.
Old 28 Dec 2017, 13:42 (Ref:3789458)   #22
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For what it's worth, the Audi TCR is €129,000 without tax, but with the sequential gearbox required. So around €20k more than the VW. Although you can find them cheaper -

https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/De...s3-lms-tcr-car
Old 28 Dec 2017, 13:51 (Ref:3789461)   #23
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GS and TCR for Daytona ROAR

CTSC 4 Hours Daytona Entry List 2018

GT4

Winward/HTP Motorsport - Mercedes AMG GT4 - Damien Faulkner / Russell Ward
Winward/HTP Motorsport - Mercedes AMG GT4 - Indy Dontje / Bryce Ward
Bodymotion Racing - Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport - Stevan McAleer / Joe Robillard
Volt Racing - Ford Mustang GT4 - Alan Brynjolfsson / Trent Hindman
Multimatic Motorsports - Ford Mustang GT4 - Chase Briscoe / Austin Cindric
Multimatic Motorsports - Ford Mustang GT4 - Cole Custer / Ty Majeski / Scott Maxwell
Multimatic Motorsports - Ford Mustang GT4 - Patrick Gallagher / Chad McCumbee
GMG Motorsports - Audi R8 GT4 - James Sofronas / Andrew Davis
GMG Motorsports - Audi R8 GT4 - Cameron Lawrence / Rick Parfitt Jnr. / Daren Jorgensen
RS1 - Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport - Spencer Pumpelly / TBA
RS1 - Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport - Dillon Machavern / TBA
Stephen Cameron Racing - BMW M4 GT4 - Greg Liefooghe / Ari Balogh
BGB Motorsports - Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport - James Cox / John Tecce
Carbahn Motorsports - Audi R8 LMS GT4 - TBA / TBA
TeamTGM - Mercedes AMG GT4 - Ted Giovanis / Owen Trinkler
TeamTGM - Mercedes AMG GT4 - Hugh Plumb / Guy Cosmo
Murillo Racing - Mercedes AMG GT4 - Jeff Mosing / Eric Foss
KOHR / Rousch Performance - Ford Mustang GT4 - Nate Stacy / Kyle Marcelli
KOHR / Rousch Performance - Ford Mustang GT4 - Jack Rousch / Joey Atterbury
DXDT Racing - Mercedes AMG GT4 - David Askew / Aaron Povoledo
Motorsports in Action - Mclaren 570s GT4 - Kenny Wilden / Ron Randall
Motorsports in Action - Mclaren 570s GT4 - Jesse Lazare / TBA
Classic BMW - BMW M4 GT4 - Mike Vess / Jason Hart / Toby Grahovec
Compass 360 Racing - Mclaren 570s GT4 - Paul Holton / Matt Plumb
AWA Performance - Ford Mustang GT4 - Martin Barkey / Brett Sandberg
BimmerWorld Racing - BMW M4 GT4 - James Clay / Tyler Cooke
Automatic Racing - Aston Martin Vantage - Steven Phillips / Al Carter / Tanner Whitten
Automatic Racing - Aston Martin Vantage - Brandon Kidd / Ramin Abdolvahabi

TCR

eEuroparts.com Racing - Audi RS3 LMS TCR - Lee Carpentier . Kieron O’Rouke
Rs Werkes Racing - Audi RS3 LMS TCR - TBA / TBA
Rumcastle LLC - VW Golf GTI TCR - Tanner Rumburg / Luke Rumburg / Jon Miller
Murillo Racing - Audi RS3 LMS TCR - Matt Fassnacht / Justin Piscitell
Compass 360 Racing - Audi RS3 LMS TCR - Roy Block / Pierre Kleinubing
Compass 360 Racing - Audi RS3 LMS TCR - Rodrigo Sales / Kumo Wittmer
JDC-Miller Motorsports - Audi RS3 LMS TCR - Stephen Simpson / Michael Johnson*

My my, Ford have been busy, 7 Mustangs... And Audi too with 6 RS3's making up the bulk of the new TCR class.

28 GS cars is most certainly impressive
Old 28 Dec 2017, 21:29 (Ref:3789515)   #24
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Nice list, shame the Camaro GT4 doesn't seem to have taken off. Bit disappointing.

Lack of CJ Wilson is a bit of a downer too.
Old 29 Dec 2017, 13:17 (Ref:3789597)   #25
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
For what it's worth, the Audi TCR is Ä129,000 without tax, but with the sequential gearbox required. So around Ä20k more than the VW. Although you can find them cheaper -

https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/De...s3-lms-tcr-car
Yeah, I've been seeing those listed. I downloaded all the RS3 data from the LMS engineering site and it lists a 10,000 Euro 'USA' competition package so i'm assuming you could buy an older model and pay to upgrade it, but at that point I wonder if it would make fiscal sense.
Old 29 Dec 2017, 16:46 (Ref:3789641)   #26
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Nice list, shame the Camaro GT4 doesn't seem to have taken off. Bit disappointing.

Lack of CJ Wilson is a bit of a downer too.
Agreed, having the Camaro in there last year really spiced it up, and with the influx of all the other GT4 cars it would have made it even better in 2018. I wonder why?

Same for CJ Wilson. Are the cars for sale anywhere?
Old 30 Dec 2017, 15:24 (Ref:3789813)   #27
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sad to see no Camaros.
Old 9 Jan 2018, 13:30 (Ref:3791543)   #28
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
I've been curious about the tires used on the TCR cars in IMSA. I know the TCR Audis are all delivered on Hankook medium compound slicks (C52). With Continental only contracted for one last year of IMSA, did they develop their own TCR spec slick just for one year, or is it a re-badged Hankook?
Old 9 Jan 2018, 18:39 (Ref:3791608)   #29
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I've been curious about the tires used on the TCR cars in IMSA. I know the TCR Audis are all delivered on Hankook medium compound slicks (C52). With Continental only contracted for one last year of IMSA, did they develop their own TCR spec slick just for one year, or is it a re-badged Hankook?
Or just handed them a GS-spec tire and said deal with it? Anything that would keep Conti from ignoring the class and teams, and say not doing the work.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 10 Jan 2018, 02:35 (Ref:3791655)   #30
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I don't know the exact answer but here is what the Continental press release says.

http://www.continentaltire.com/news/...-new-cars-2018

All 3 classes use the same tires it says. I guess just the sizes will be different.