Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > The Chassis History Archive

Old 5 Dec 2018, 11:34 (Ref:3868024)   #1
WallyBGator
Rookie

WallyBGator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralt RT35

Hi Gang,
My first post ever on this forum, is to ask whether any of my new friends on here, can help me with information regarding the history of my new acquisition, that being a Ralt RT35 #888? I have purchased it from New Zealand, and it will be in transit to Australia, very soon. It is supplied, virtually as a bare car only,
so I am interested to acquire technical information and to purchase basic spare parts. All assistance is graciously accepted.
Regards, WallyBGator
Old 6 Dec 2018, 12:23 (Ref:3868247)   #2
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This might help. I am sure it list all the chassis in the back, and whilst it wont give a history of what happened to each car subsequently, it should be a very good starter for 10

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brabham-Ral.../dp/1855209233

Ralt spares are often available on the second hand market in the UK; people like Dermot Healy can often help. Also, members of the Monoposto Racing Club may be able to help as Ralts were popular in that club series for many years. Dermot's contact details are on there, too.

http://www.monoposto.co.uk/
Old 7 Dec 2018, 01:43 (Ref:3868422)   #3
WallyBGator
Rookie

Hi Andy97, thank you for your responce to my questions. I was encouraged to buy the car, after reading "The Ron Tauranac Story". I've been told, #888 went to Asia, so I'm hoping someone will pop-up, and indicate their knowledge, about this particular car.
Old 16 Feb 2019, 14:22 (Ref:3884609)   #4
peter holst
Rookie

peter holst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyBGator View Post
Hi Gang,
My first post ever on this forum, is to ask whether any of my new friends on here, can help me with information regarding the history of my new acquisition, that being a Ralt RT35 #888? I have purchased it from New Zealand, and it will be in transit to Australia, very soon. It is supplied, virtually as a bare car only,
so I am interested to acquire technical information and to purchase basic spare parts. All assistance is graciously accepted.
Regards, WallyBGator
i got some small parts - email me at ph@roisindet.dk
Old 19 Feb 2019, 18:58 (Ref:3885365)   #5
Chris Townsend
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Chris Townsend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyBGator View Post
Hi Andy97, thank you for your responce to my questions. I was encouraged to buy the car, after reading "The Ron Tauranac Story". I've been told, #888 went to Asia, so I'm hoping someone will pop-up, and indicate their knowledge, about this particular car.
I believe it was sold new to Japan.
The way forward from there is to trace copies of the Japanese magazine Autosport from 1991-92 - they can be found on ebay. By the mid 80s the magazine listed chassis numbers against cars for every F3 race. Even if you can't read Japanese it's possible to cross reference the table in the magazine to the results available online on the JAF archive to get a translation of driver names.
Old 24 Feb 2019, 09:53 (Ref:3886264)   #6
WallyBGator
Rookie

Thank you, Peter and Chris, for your input. Chris, I will pursue your line of inquiry, as you suggest. It has also been mentioned to me, that RT35 #888, sat in a static display, for many years, somewhere in Asia.