Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 10 Oct 2019, 01:47 (Ref:3933022)   #76
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Part of the fun will be the drive down, so we will probably go off the interstate for some (for Petit the plan is pretty much all off interstate and through Blue Ridge). I am told there is a car train from Florida somewhere to near Baltimore. We might do that on the way back.

We will hotel on the way down and on the night after so hopefully that will be fine

I’m not interested. Did it a few times at Le Mans. I like to get there and be settled.

Come on by at Petit and we'll share some beers. The same location every year when I get in early and get to stake our claim at 4.
Old 10 Oct 2019, 03:29 (Ref:3933032)   #77
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Part of the fun will be the drive down, so we will probably go off the interstate for some (for Petit the plan is pretty much all off interstate and through Blue Ridge). I am told there is a car train from Florida somewhere to near Baltimore. We might do that on the way back.
I think driving is the best. Petit? Watch for Foliage Picture people (Google that) and watch the Top Gear Episode on the BR Parkway. It's magnificent, if you're not in a rush, but there's plenty of other roads adjacent to it that are good enough. Sebring. Spring break traffic. Otherwise, it's still a haul!

Car train? Hmmm. This is America. We have these things here??

Quote:
I’m not interested. Did it a few times at Le Mans. I like to get there and be settled.
I did it sorta kinda for the Daytona 24. Never again.
Old 11 Oct 2019, 00:14 (Ref:3933202)   #78
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Car train actually goes from south of DC and takes 17 1/2 hours: https://www.amtrak.com/auto-train
Seems a winner.
Old 17 Jan 2020, 11:22 (Ref:3952068)   #79
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Which area is best for camping? I’m back on sorting this out.

Where will everyone else be?
Old 17 Jan 2020, 15:16 (Ref:3952098)   #80
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Which area is best for camping? I’m back on sorting this out.

Where will everyone else be?
Green Park & green park. If we go...

we generally are in this area:
https://goo.gl/maps/wRCw8ScgaHvq2Z1z7
Old 17 Jan 2020, 23:09 (Ref:3952162)   #81
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
How tall are the fences? Would a step ladder help. Or do you need a full on RV to stand on top of?

Also why would you need to buy a loop pass to drive to round inside the circuit during the weekend?

Last edited by Adam43; 17 Jan 2020 at 23:16.
Old 18 Jan 2020, 00:42 (Ref:3952169)   #82
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
How tall are the fences? Would a step ladder help. Or do you need a full on RV to stand on top of?

Also why would you need to buy a loop pass to drive to round inside the circuit during the weekend?
Not sure what the loop pass is but the only way around "inside" is by foot or a passenger vehicle. No shuttles, bicycles, golf carts etc.

The majority of the viewing areas in Green Park have no catch fencing. First pic is outside Green Park but inside T3 and 4. The second is inside Green Park looking back from the hairpin. This is pretty much it. Typical 4 ft chain link fence, then a vehicle path and armco...T10 is probably the closest place you can get to the cars.

There's some catch fencing in areas, too tall for a step ladder.
Old 18 Jan 2020, 15:31 (Ref:3952214)   #83
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
That’s cool, thanks. None of this namby pamby fencing.
Old 27 Jul 2021, 22:19 (Ref:4063488)   #84
yronbay
Rookie

yronbay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gurney parking

I realize this is a 2 yr old thread, but I couldn't find one for 2021 and the 2020 one was, well, not as active. New to this forum seeking some information.
My wife & I actually attended 12 Hrs of Sebring in November 2020 and had a great time. Planning to take my son, a huge IMSA fan, in 2022. I have read many comments from various places giving the consensus that the Gurney Terrace tickets aren't worth the extra cost. My question is a bit more specific than the view or other amenities - I am curious about the parking pass that is included with Gurney Terrace. The only thing I ever see is that "One parking pass on the Ulmann Straight is included." I can't seem to find any details on exactly where that is though - is that parking on the INSIDE of the track along Ulmann (thus having relatively easy access to get from the Gurney Terrace to your car), or is it on the OUTSIDE of the track, along the purple section of RV parking? Makes a huge difference - if it is outside the track, it would be closer to use free parking near gate 3. As such, I'm assuming the parking pass is for inside the track, but I would like someone to confirm that. Thanks for any & all help!!
Old 20 Feb 2022, 14:31 (Ref:4099517)   #85
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
So Sebring 2022.

Poster: https://twitter.com/sebringraceway/s...439196163?s=21

And it’s two big races for the price of one again
Old 21 Feb 2022, 02:21 (Ref:4099570)   #86
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hell the poster says 3 races, don't forget that little Alan Jay 120 down there in the lower right. MPC deserves international mention, GT4 is the future of racing
Old 22 Feb 2022, 03:04 (Ref:4099696)   #87
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Top billing should be the Mazdas. Top racing.

Just realized they track gave me the wrong tickets when they renewed them from 2020! Contacted them and they sorted immediately. Brilliant service.

Really ought to work out how and when we are going!
Old 22 Feb 2022, 16:57 (Ref:4099758)   #88
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes the Mazdas always do entertain. Anyway should be a great weekend of racing for TV viewers and spectators alike
Old 25 Feb 2022, 23:47 (Ref:4100306)   #89
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No Mazdas at Sebring - they're racing in St. Pete this weekend instead.
Old 26 Feb 2022, 00:15 (Ref:4100308)   #90
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
No Mazdas at Sebring - they're racing in St. Pete this weekend instead.
What this is a travesty.

Anyone want to buy some Sebring tickets?
Old 26 Feb 2022, 02:03 (Ref:4100313)   #91
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Sweet, more walls for the Mazdas to get bounced off of
Old 26 Feb 2022, 02:07 (Ref:4100314)   #92
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
They do need a bit of room!
Old 26 Feb 2022, 10:36 (Ref:4100351)   #93
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I thought they made their own room anyway?