Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Feb 2013, 19:33 (Ref:3198717)   #51
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
My guess is Sutil.
This is what I think also..
Old 3 Feb 2013, 21:19 (Ref:3198757)   #52
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
I dont think they will make the grid. Just a hunch. All too quiet...
Old 4 Feb 2013, 10:24 (Ref:3199001)   #53
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As the wonderful Mr.Wilde once remarked " There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about and that is not being talked about."

So I guess from that aspect they won't be too worried about all the speculation, although it must be a tad irritating for the members of the team who are working flat out (like all the others) to get the car ready for Jerez.

Memories are short aren't they? Just a matter of weeks ago the Hulk was leading the final Grand Prix for Force India on merit......

In today's world everything is effectively up for sale all the time, so let's see what happens!
Old 4 Feb 2013, 12:49 (Ref:3199039)   #54
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Maybe they're trying to coax Schumacher out of retirement, again? Stranger things.............
Old 4 Feb 2013, 12:52 (Ref:3199043)   #55
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDonut View Post
He out of the clink yet?
He was never in the clink
Old 4 Feb 2013, 22:22 (Ref:3199303)   #56
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Maybe they're trying to coax Schumacher out of retirement, again? Stranger things.............
Oh don't ...
Old 5 Feb 2013, 02:48 (Ref:3199391)   #57
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
4 points...
Old 5 Feb 2013, 03:16 (Ref:3199402)   #58
IndyDonut
Racer

United States
New York City
IndyDonut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
He was never in the clink
Don't tell me I have him confused with someone else. I thought Sutil was the guy who punched somebody???
Old 5 Feb 2013, 03:29 (Ref:3199407)   #59
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDonut View Post
Don't tell me I have him confused with someone else. I thought Sutil was the guy who punched somebody???
Please don't start.... Moderator
Old 5 Feb 2013, 03:42 (Ref:3199412)   #60
IndyDonut
Racer

United States
New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Please don't start.... Moderator
???
I didn't mean to start anything.

(Is this something I missed on this forum from being new here?)
Old 5 Feb 2013, 04:37 (Ref:3199423)   #61
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Okay..Sutil put a champagne glass into the the neck of Eric Lux, use Google to find out who he is..

*Quote*

The incident involving a champagne glass left Lux bleeding from a neck wound which required 24 stitches. The German driver was handed an 18-month suspended sentence and fined €200,000 (£167,224; $264,092) by a Munich court.

Sutil had admitted to unintentionally injuring Lux—saying he had meant to simply throw his drink over him and accidentally released the glass. But the court decided he had intentionally caused the injury to Lux.

GBH (or the German equivalent) is a serious offence, and Sutil can consider himself lucky to have received a "celebrity sentence" of a massive fine rather than a spell behind bars.

End of *Quote*

We need to move on...
Old 5 Feb 2013, 17:41 (Ref:3199674)   #62
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I read a suggestion somewhere that Sutil's conviction could affect his ability to travel to some countries on the calendar (China, conceivably?). This would have to be a relevant factor, if it's true.
Old 5 Feb 2013, 19:04 (Ref:3199714)   #63
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
they got lawyers and a travel office to sort this stuff out. actually i would be more surprised if this was the first time they ever had to get a visa for a team member with a checkered past.
Old 5 Feb 2013, 21:32 (Ref:3199812)   #64
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More trouble for Kingfisher Airlines today,
http://in.reuters.com/article/2013/0...91402320130205

&

http://in.reuters.com/article/2013/0...90L0GP20130122

Remember FI is totally dependent on funding from the Sahara and UB Groups, both of which have very serious debt & legal issues, with banks likely to call in the many billions of pounds of debt.

When that happens, or the banks take control of the companies, it is likely that funding for the F1 team will be cut.
This situation also explains why the team have been unable to attract a pay driver for their vacant seat, as companies do not wish to be associated with the toxic UB & Sahara groups.
Old 5 Feb 2013, 22:23 (Ref:3199854)   #65
IndyDonut
Racer

United States
New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
More trouble for Kingfisher Airlines today,
http://in.reuters.com/article/2013/0...91402320130205

&

http://in.reuters.com/article/2013/0...90L0GP20130122

Remember FI is totally dependent on funding from the Sahara and UB Groups, both of which have very serious debt & legal issues, with banks likely to call in the many billions of pounds of debt.

When that happens, or the banks take control of the companies, it is likely that funding for the F1 team will be cut.
This situation also explains why the team have been unable to attract a pay driver for their vacant seat, as companies do not wish to be associated with the toxic UB & Sahara groups.
An 18-car field does not sound very fun, especially considering FI was starting to get competitive.
Old 5 Feb 2013, 22:24 (Ref:3199855)   #66
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
I don't think Bernie would allow that to happen..
Old 5 Feb 2013, 22:28 (Ref:3199859)   #67
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
Wait and see, I think you might be wrong there.

The team don't normally have pay drivers anyway, unless you count Sutil's old Medion deal which is no different from any other driver with a backer....but of course times change.
Old 5 Feb 2013, 22:30 (Ref:3199860)   #68
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
I read a suggestion somewhere that Sutil's conviction could affect his ability to travel to some countries on the calendar (China, conceivably?). This would have to be a relevant factor, if it's true.
And attracting sponsors to the team as well surely? It's not a coincidence that no other team wanted Sutil.

With both of these reasons I'm genuinely baffled as to why Sutil is a contender. Surely it's a no brainer seat for Bianchi with the subsidised Ferrari engines for 2014.
Old 5 Feb 2013, 22:40 (Ref:3199867)   #69
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I can't help but feel it's been more luck than skill that F1's avoided this thus far. We could so easily get a 16-car grid for example.
Old 5 Feb 2013, 22:57 (Ref:3199882)   #70
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I can't help but feel it's been more luck than skill that F1's avoided this thus far. We could so easily get a 16-car grid for example.
I have to agree Max Mosley said over and over again unless the spending is put under control, F1 will simply implode..

The teams need to cap the spending, our friend Marbot has been saying this for years..

This is why teams like Williams are so special, they exist to race F1...
Old 5 Feb 2013, 23:23 (Ref:3199898)   #71
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
our friend Marbot has been saying this for years..
Never heard of him.

Quote:

This is why teams like Williams are so special, they exist to race F1...
You sense Catalunya was a popular victory last year throughout the paddock. Even Williams for all that they exist to race, as you said, have been astute enough to develop other things to generate income, although the Chavez money leaves me uncomfortable (or possibly makes me just relax and accept the inward-looking world of F1 with reluctant but satisfied acceptance.
Old 5 Feb 2013, 23:27 (Ref:3199900)   #72
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yes...his daughters pocket money could fund 20 F1 teams..
Old 5 Feb 2013, 23:41 (Ref:3199905)   #73
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Yep you are probaly right, F1 is war, made to pass as sport...
Old 6 Feb 2013, 00:15 (Ref:3199923)   #74
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I still presume Jules Bianchi will take the remaining drive...
Old 6 Feb 2013, 17:17 (Ref:3200248)   #75
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yep you are probaly right, F1 is war, made to pass as sport...
i cant recall the exact phrasing of the quote by George Orwell but its something like, 'sport is war minus the shooting'.

not far from the truth when it comes to F1 imo.