Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 18 Feb 2019, 00:25 (Ref:3884927)   #51
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Come on Watermellon Man!
Old 18 Feb 2019, 00:26 (Ref:3884928)   #52
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Back to yellow, finally.

Only three cars without some sort of damage
Old 18 Feb 2019, 00:30 (Ref:3884929)   #53
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
What is the purpose of restrictor plate racing in NASCAR (sarcasm):

Old 18 Feb 2019, 00:34 (Ref:3884930)   #54
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Mercifully it's over. Hamlin provisional winner pending post race tech.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 00:34 (Ref:3884931)   #55
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats to Hamlin, winning his second Daytona 500.

I'm soo, sooo happy Logano didn't win.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 00:36 (Ref:3884932)   #56
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
JD Gibbs and Denny! Nice.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 00:38 (Ref:3884933)   #57
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Congrats to Hamlin, winning his second Daytona 500.

Yay. Not Capt Snothead or Sliced Doosh. I hate putting in any effort to watch something and to see either of those fools win.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 00:42 (Ref:3884934)   #58
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Well that was nuts. 5.5 hours!

I don't know anything about NASCAR but a 1-2-3 for a team owner whose son died very recently is quite an emotional story.

I need to sleep now, it's about 2 hours past my bedtime!
Old 18 Feb 2019, 00:52 (Ref:3884935)   #59
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post

I watch NASCAR in total ABL* mode.

*Anyone But Logano.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 07:13 (Ref:3884954)   #60
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
All cars passed post race tech. Results are official.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 11:23 (Ref:3884980)   #61
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Michael McDowell is firmly installed as my new hero. Doosh is miffed with him, so that makes him a good guy 😁

Tiredness (wrong side of the Atlantic!) meant I only saw the first 80 odd laps, so I've got catching up to do...
Old 19 Feb 2019, 13:33 (Ref:3885236)   #62
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The prophecy has been fulfilled!

https://twitter.com/nascarman_rr/sta...93802908323841
Old 20 Feb 2019, 08:38 (Ref:3885500)   #63
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
The quality of the Gibbs organisation shining through; takes a big helping of good luck being Daytona.

Having watched the whole 500 miles now for me Michael McDowell and Matt DiBenedetto really stood out as running well pretty much from flag to flag; I can see these boys collecting top 5s this season.
Old 20 Feb 2019, 21:44 (Ref:3885648)   #64
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Old 21 Feb 2019, 09:58 (Ref:3885722)   #65
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
One thing that surprised me (please forgive my ignorance):

When the DiBenedetto-led breakaway six caught up to and tried to lap a big group, they were actively impeded from doing so. Then there was a caution and all the advantage that six had gained was wiped out and they were back in mid-pack rather than a lap up. That seems harsh, to say the least!
Old 25 Feb 2019, 08:18 (Ref:3886446)   #66
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
One thing that surprised me (please forgive my ignorance):

When the DiBenedetto-led breakaway six caught up to and tried to lap a big group, they were actively impeded from doing so. Then there was a caution and all the advantage that six had gained was wiped out and they were back in mid-pack rather than a lap up. That seems harsh, to say the least!
There are no blue flags in NASCAR - the cars about to be lapped can fight as hard as they feel like to stay on the lead lap.

Towards the end of the race there's usually a "gentlemen's agreement" in place to not impede any close fights for the lead, though.

--

As for last night's race at Atlanta, I thought it was pretty decent. The restarts in particular were awesome and some nice racing throughout the event. A bummer for Larson, messing up in the pits after leading all those laps, but congrats to Keselowski overcoming the flu to pick up the first win for the Mustang.
Old 25 Feb 2019, 21:38 (Ref:3886607)   #67
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
They give blue flags with the yellow stripe at the flag stand, but they are rarely heeded. To your point rustyfan, they all fight the leader the hardest to stay on the lead lap and the others behind them much less.
Old 26 Feb 2019, 07:53 (Ref:3886671)   #68
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
They give blue flags with the yellow stripe at the flag stand, but they are rarely heeded. To your point rustyfan, they all fight the leader the hardest to stay on the lead lap and the others behind them much less.
They don't want to lose a lap, so for sure they're going to do the best they can to stay on the lead, hope for a caution then get caught up to the back of the pack behind the leader.

I saw some of Atlanta and enjoyed it; racing was good, Kurt Busch made a super thread the needle restart at one point - these cars seem more stable when close together so far... I didn't see any obvious signs of a car losing control because another one was in the same zip code. (Didn't watch the whole race mind!)
Old 3 Mar 2019, 19:59 (Ref:3888049)   #69
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Imagine havin' to wave blue flags in NASCAR? Everyone's arms would be falling off.
Old 3 Mar 2019, 23:30 (Ref:3888076)   #70
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Damnit Brad, you had one job.

Overall this was one race to forget.
Old 5 Mar 2019, 08:05 (Ref:3888342)   #71
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Nothing too exciting to be honest, I don't recollect any wrecks nor do I remember any of last years cars wandering around on their own taking the driver for a passenger ride.

And Brad stuffed up the win, I do have to concede Doosh is now a damn fast pretty handy driver, but I much prefer it when the little so and so isn't running.

Kyle's Toyota seemed crazy fast in the closing stages, better at looking after the tyres or what?
Old 5 Mar 2019, 13:52 (Ref:3888407)   #72
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Imagine havin' to wave blue flags in NASCAR? Everyone's arms would be falling off.
It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it

Old 10 Mar 2019, 12:12 (Ref:3889442)   #73
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good job those guys do it
Old 26 Mar 2019, 22:15 (Ref:3893563)   #74
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Next year will see quite a shake-up in regards to the schedule. Full info here:

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...-race-changes/

Some highlights:
- ISM Raceway will host the season finale, while Homestead moves to March.
- Indy replaces Daytona during the 4th of July weekend. Daytona will instead mark the end of the regular season.
- Pocono will see a double header, with two races the same weekend.

I think it's good NASCAR is starting to shake up the schedule for real and I suspect we'll see even more changes once the current contracts run out.
Old 26 Mar 2019, 22:44 (Ref:3893567)   #75
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Yeah, great to see real efforts to shake things up and try make it more interesting,

I'm really glad Homestead has lost the end of season race; I find it always produces a dull dull race. I deliberately didn't watch it last year to save myself falling asleep in a chair!

Not convinced about two races at Pocono back to back; whilst Kyle Busch is always up for multiple races on the same weekend I reckon it won't sit well with many of the competitors. Will they be taking more than 2 cars per team? Think the logistics will be a struggle for the smaller less well funded outfits...