Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 22 Feb 2019, 08:30 (Ref:3885915)   #4201
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
In the new Kia super team with Jason Plato and Lewis Hamilton? Probably sponsored by Volvo.
And Team 48 running the operation?
Old 22 Feb 2019, 08:46 (Ref:3885917)   #4202
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2+2=13 here but it's been said for a long time that James Dodd draws praise for his ability and speed. Many well regarded voices in the TOCA paddock say he deserves a shot in a modern BTCC.

The Dodd family have a few of their car collection for sale the last couple of months. One of which is James' initially intended 2019 car. Possibly to part fund a year in the big show?
Old 22 Feb 2019, 09:07 (Ref:3885920)   #4203
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
I’m pretty certain the big surprise was Plato, like I’ve said before, outside of the internet, nobody would have suspected it.

I’d prepare for some disappointment if you’re expecting any more dramatic news.

Only every fan who saw him struggling at the back, would have suspected he might want to be in different car + Tim Harvey mentioning it in commentary a number of times towards the end of 2018.

Besides that becomes a bit of a paradox if Matt was making the "theres a bigger surprise coming" on the internet to an audience who apparently dont use the internet
Old 22 Feb 2019, 12:42 (Ref:3885939)   #4204
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
I replied to Rob collards tweet about Jason Plato on twitter saying "team mates? I think so. Would be a dream team" and he's liked my comment might be reading more into it than I should but that says to me he's gonna be alongside JP at PMR
Old 22 Feb 2019, 12:42 (Ref:3885940)   #4205
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
I replied to Rob collards tweet about Jason Plato on twitter saying "team mates? I think so. Would be a dream team" and he's liked my comment might be reading more into it than I should but that says to me he's gonna be alongside JP at PMR
Or else he's just yanking your chain?
Old 22 Feb 2019, 13:06 (Ref:3885941)   #4206
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Needs to like your comment with bold text though for it to be official
Old 22 Feb 2019, 13:14 (Ref:3885943)   #4207
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
He's also liked:

A post suggesting that he should be team mates with Rob Austin.
A post from someone about him retiring.
A post from some who suggested he's driving for Team Parker.

He also still lists himself as a Brand Ambassador for BMW - so of those three the Team Parker one would be the most likely if you were going to read something into his 'likes'.
Old 22 Feb 2019, 14:23 (Ref:3885951)   #4208
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
The big surprise is Uncle Alan is changing the regs and instead of NGTC everyone will require an NGTT to compete.

(NGTT Next Generation Tesco Trolley)
Old 22 Feb 2019, 14:45 (Ref:3885962)   #4209
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The big surprise is Uncle Alan is changing the regs and instead of NGTC everyone will require an NGTT to compete.

(NGTT Next Generation Tesco Trolley)
Don't... He will be here in a minute to tell you quite robustly the regulations are written in blood, and never to joke or speculate these things on a light hearted speculation thread, Then he will go slate tcr uk then sit back with a fosters in time for home and away...

.... at least i "think" thats Alan Gow.... isnt it?
Old 22 Feb 2019, 17:23 (Ref:3885978)   #4210
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
40 minutes until the announcement. If it's Ash then that's 4 months of rumours gone down the drain!
Old 22 Feb 2019, 17:41 (Ref:3885985)   #4211
Gogsbtcc77
Rookie

Gogsbtcc77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Time will tell but would be surprised if it isn't ash
Old 22 Feb 2019, 18:03 (Ref:3885992)   #4212
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Confirmed. BMR / Sutton / Grovel
Old 22 Feb 2019, 18:11 (Ref:3885993)   #4213
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just 2 seats left to be confirmed

MG - Excelr8 Motorsport - ???????
MG - Excelr8 Motorsport - Rob Smith

Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Mike Bushell
Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Bobby Thompson
Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Carl Boardley
Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Michael Crees

Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - Tom Ingram

Mercedes A - Ciceley - Adam Morgan
Mercedes A - Ciceley - Dan Rowbottom

Mercedes A - Laser Tools - Aidan Moffat

Ford Focus - Motorbase - Tom Chilton
Ford Focus - Motorbase - Ollie Jackson
Ford Focus - Motorbase - Nicolas Hamilton

BMW 125 - WSR - Tom Oliphant
BMW 125 - WSR - Colin Turkington
BMW 125 - WSR - Andrew Jordan

BMW 125 - Team Parker - Stephen Jelley

Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Matt Neal
Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Dan Cammish

Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Chris Smiley
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Josh Cook

Honda Civic - Simpson Racing - Matt Simpson

Honda Civic - AMD - Sam Tordoff
Honda Civic - AMD - Rory Butcher

Audi S3 - Trade Price Cars Racing - Jake Hill
Audi S3 - Trade Price Cars Racing - Mark Blundell

Vauxhall Astra - PMR - ?????
Vauxhall Astra - PMR - Jason Plato

Subaru Levorg - BMR - Ash Sutton
Subaru Levorg - BMR - Senna Proctor
Old 22 Feb 2019, 18:12 (Ref:3885994)   #4214
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good that Ash is back, hopefully they were able to find some sweet spot for Levorg so that they can fight up front from the scratch. Sutton-Proctor pairing is a really good one and hopefully this time we'll see two Levorgs in the sharp end of the field!

Now it's time for some sort of announcement from West Coast Racing concerning Sutton
Old 22 Feb 2019, 18:17 (Ref:3885996)   #4215
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
I just dont see Matt Salisburys "In fact, it might just be that the most surprising story - and one of the biggest of the winter - is still to come.... #BTCC" on 13th of Feb can REALLY relate to a driver we all expected to leave a team leaving the team
Blundell has already trolled JP confirming who was the biggest story.
Old 22 Feb 2019, 18:20 (Ref:3885999)   #4216
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blundell will be just a backmarker plain and simple

he doesn't have NGTC pedigree and that Audi was never more than midfield at best

BTW any info on Team Dynamics testing ? cos they badly need it if they want to make a real title challange

Last edited by porsche962fan; 22 Feb 2019 at 18:27.
Old 22 Feb 2019, 18:31 (Ref:3886004)   #4217
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
well I dont think anyone is tipping Blundell for the title, let alone podiums.

Matt hasnt said much on twitter since, so he was probably just trolling us
Old 22 Feb 2019, 18:38 (Ref:3886009)   #4218
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's good news that Sutton will be back on the grid. Hopefully the Subaru will be competitive again as it'd be a shame for his talents to be wasted if the team are as much of an omnishambles behind the scenes as has been claimed on here.
Old 22 Feb 2019, 19:03 (Ref:3886012)   #4219
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What the Subaru needs is testing. Otherwise they'll be pants again until Oulton onwards when they repeat the form of 2016-18. That second Thruxton will throw a spanner in the works though.
Old 22 Feb 2019, 19:25 (Ref:3886019)   #4220
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Matt hasnt said much on twitter since, so he was probably just trolling us
Yes more than likely. He has in the past had a swipe at this forum for enjoying some off season discussion, tin foil hat's and all
Old 22 Feb 2019, 19:53 (Ref:3886023)   #4221
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
BTW any info on Team Dynamics testing ? cos they badly need it if they want to make a real title challange
I’m expecting to see them winning races right off the bat, they had a whole season to learn the new car and improved a lot towards the end of it. I think having Cammish in the car from day one would have helped too, he would have had no preconceptions from the old car so he would have provided unbiased data.

I’d put my money on one of the two winning the championship this year.
Old 22 Feb 2019, 20:38 (Ref:3886034)   #4222
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
What the Subaru needs is testing. Otherwise they'll be pants again until Oulton onwards when they repeat the form of 2016-18. That second Thruxton will throw a spanner in the works though.
Absolutely. It needed work for the start of it's second season (2017) but has had nothing (or next to nothing) due to lack of money; I would be pleasantly surprised if that has changed - young Senna may be bearing gold, he clearly had deeply lined pockets for his PMR ride.

To my mind the other stunt in it's development was Colin and his trusty Engineer departing for WSR - I believe Colin was the significant factor in improving that car as its first season wore on. JP, Ash et al subsequently never managed to do much with it at the tracks it hadn't ran well at in Colins hands.
Old 22 Feb 2019, 21:07 (Ref:3886040)   #4223
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Glad to see Ash back, but it was a no brainer for BMR. Great for the series he is staying

Now let’s wait for the final few seats to be filled
Old 22 Feb 2019, 21:20 (Ref:3886044)   #4224
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Quote:
To my mind the other stunt in it's development was Colin and his trusty Engineer departing for WSR - I believe Colin was the significant factor in improving that car as its first season wore on. JP, Ash et al subsequently never managed to do much with it at the tracks it hadn't ran well at in Colins hands.
It's the Kevin Berry factor. He designed the MG, BMW and had a hand in the Subaru.
Old 22 Feb 2019, 22:22 (Ref:3886055)   #4225
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
It's the Kevin Berry factor. He designed the MG, BMW and had a hand in the Subaru.
And the initial design for the PMR Vauxhall Astra.