Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Jan 2019, 16:13 (Ref:3876526)   #1401
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Speaking of Marrakesh, any idea where this one finished?
I'm not sure of the exact position Peter, but it was certainly in the pints...
Old 16 Jan 2019, 17:11 (Ref:3876534)   #1402
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I'm not sure of the exact position Peter, but it was certainly in the pints...

obviously in the pints...after all, cream always rises to the top!
Old 16 Jan 2019, 21:47 (Ref:3876589)   #1403
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
I think Formula Battery cars are seriously ugly as are Indycars, it's the pods between the front and rear wheels, makes them look like dodgem cars.

I saw the battery Jaguars testing for a couple of days @ Rockingham last year and they did impress me, awesome acceleration.
The IR-18 is a thing of beauty compared to the Formula Battery Gen 2 car.
Old 16 Jan 2019, 21:55 (Ref:3876592)   #1404
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don’t remember a decent looking single seater since about 1993. Old days etc...
Old 17 Jan 2019, 23:47 (Ref:3876854)   #1405
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I don’t remember a decent looking single seater since about 1993. Old days etc...
🤣 not wrong!

Speaking if the e-pace where can I find race footage. Must be a right shunt fest?
Old 18 Jan 2019, 00:16 (Ref:3876858)   #1406
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if you’re after marrakesh, it’s on iplayer - if only f1 was as available still

if you’re after a milkfloat, try outside your local depot at about 4am every day
Old 18 Jan 2019, 12:56 (Ref:3876968)   #1407
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I tried watching the formula milk floats at the Marrakesh race today but gave up after 1 lap, my worst fears confirmed, they look and sound pathetic
I guess since you don't mention it that the actual racing is of no importance, as long as the cars look good and sound cool?

Never understood that attitude. As long as the racing is good, what does the look or sound of the cars matter? After all, it should all be about the racing. That's the whole reason behind getting cars on a track. If you want loud noises and 'cool' looking cars, you can see that on Friday night on most high streets.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 18 Jan 2019, 13:00 (Ref:3876971)   #1408
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
I guess since you don't mention it that the actual racing is of no importance, as long as the cars look good and sound cool?

Never understood that attitude. As long as the racing is good, what does the look or sound of the cars matter? After all, it should all be about the racing. That's the whole reason behind getting cars on a track. If you want loud noises and 'cool' looking cars, you can see that on Friday night on most high streets.
I see your point but I don't agree. The entire thing is important. Sound, visuals, racing, etc. Formula E lacks at least one of these. Whether or not it makes it up in other areas are up for debate.
Old 18 Jan 2019, 19:38 (Ref:3877059)   #1409
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ah well Formula E isn’t supposed to be loud, so it’s different
Old 19 Jan 2019, 00:39 (Ref:3877102)   #1410
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
if you’re after marrakesh, it’s on iplayer - if only f1 was as available still

if you’re after a milkfloat, try outside your local depot at about 4am every day
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Old 22 Jan 2019, 16:58 (Ref:3877742)   #1411
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I see your point but I don't agree. The entire thing is important. Sound, visuals, racing, etc. Formula E lacks at least one of these. Whether or not it makes it up in other areas are up for debate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Ah well Formula E isn’t supposed to be loud, so it’s different
I've watched both FE races and the racing has been pretty good (and that's not always true of single seaters so they're doing something right). The sound is a big problem - it's not just that they're quiet compared to what we're used to - it's that the noise is actually irritating after a while.
Old 22 Jan 2019, 18:46 (Ref:3877766)   #1412
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I've watched both FE races and the racing has been pretty good (and that's not always true of single seaters so they're doing something right). The sound is a big problem - it's not just that they're quiet compared to what we're used to - it's that the noise is actually irritating after a while.
I don't mind the noise - I find their presentation annoying, because they're clearly trying to make up for the lack of noise by throwing in stupid sound effects. Ridiculous noises when lights go out, and wooshing yellow blocks over the screen when they go to safety car. Stop it. Stop trying to hide the sound. It just makes it worse.

To be honest, I'm much more of a sportscar fan than single seaters, but of the 3 single seaters I watch, I enjoy Formula E the most. Especially with the new car.
Old 22 Jan 2019, 20:05 (Ref:3877777)   #1413
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The sound of the graphics is a common annoyance of the coverage of many sports. Maybe it is more noticeable here?

I turn of beeping when you do something on all electronics if I can (especially in car stuff). It’s just not needed. If it doesn’t have a real sound don’t bother.
Old 20 Feb 2019, 21:20 (Ref:3885643)   #1414
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't find a good thread to put this in, so it can sit here.

This looks like it could be very, very good indeed: https://twitter.com/F1/status/1098190573947764736
Old 20 Feb 2019, 21:23 (Ref:3885646)   #1415
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Nice to see Billy Monger join the C4 team, should be good
Old 22 Feb 2019, 14:29 (Ref:3885953)   #1416
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For those who were able to view the F1 testing this week, whether via F1 app, Sky Sports or some other broadcaster curious what people thought about it.

For me I knew it wouldn't be action packed, but the commentary box conversations would be of interest. At times it felt a bit like the listening to endurance race coverage where those in the box spent more time talking about their subject of choice rather than who was on screen/track at that time.

It was interesting to hear a mixture of Sky .. Crofty and Herbert together with non-sky voices join in with Alex Jaques (F2 and GP3 World feed) Will Buxton, Tom Clarkson and others over the 4 days.
I'm not sure about rotating Simon Lazenby, Rachel Brookes or Natalie Pinkham through the comms box, fair enough it was just off camera discussion but it just didn't feel right some how.
Old 22 Feb 2019, 15:54 (Ref:3885969)   #1417
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
its still blocked out in Canada via the app so didnt get to see it but also curious and think its amazing that its being offered!!!

what was the camera work like? like a race or just a handful of fixed position stuff? were the cars fitted for on boards? are the teams just hiding from the pit cameras?
Old 22 Feb 2019, 19:13 (Ref:3886017)   #1418
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah the teams were still putting screens up in front of the garages when the cars were in them.

I don't know for certain but I think it was a Sky/FOM co-production, the whole circuit was covered by the camera crew but was missing the additional hoist/crane elevated camera positions. So perhaps 8-10 rather than 15+ cameras.
One roaming camera in the pitlane for interviews and close ups.

There were also a few On-boards but again not the full assortment as the teams had their own bulkier cameras (thermal/IR or perhaps even focusable) in many of the mounting points.

The Formula1.com youtube channel has daily wrap up and a 35 minute review. You can get an idea of the angles from those.

F1 official Youtube channel
Old 22 Feb 2019, 20:29 (Ref:3886033)   #1419
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thoroughly enjoyed it especially listening to Johnny Herbert.
I would like to have seen the morning sessions and next weeks as well, but that's the fun of being retired
Old 22 Feb 2019, 20:46 (Ref:3886036)   #1420
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
I wasn't at work this week, so was able to have it on as Background, without having to pay "race" attention.

Yes a bit disappointing that it's only the first Test that is being covered.
To be honest, had it been full day, they would have just repeated their discussions even more than they already did.
Perhaps bringing the programme on 30 minutes before the afternoon Green flag in order to show any highlights or in the case of the first day any unveilings before the track went live again.
Old 23 Feb 2019, 18:55 (Ref:3886171)   #1421
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been hearing that Ted Kravitz has been dumped by Sky, a real shame if true.
Old 23 Feb 2019, 19:13 (Ref:3886175)   #1422
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERSTEER View Post
I've been hearing that Ted Kravitz has been dumped by Sky, a real shame if true.
I for one won’t miss his smug patronising presentation style
Old 23 Feb 2019, 21:58 (Ref:3886201)   #1423
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
He doesn't seem to be on the new Sky Sport trailer, where as Karun and yjrrest of the crew do ...

Maurice Hamilton seems to be leading the news when he tweeted this in the early hours this morning.

Quote:
Impressive support on line for @tedkravitz, no longer with @SkySportsF1. Had his quirks (!) but boundless enthusiasm, got the job done, told me all I needed to know.
Old 23 Feb 2019, 22:16 (Ref:3886203)   #1424
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Patronising? He was a bit daft, but that’s about it.
Old 24 Feb 2019, 10:06 (Ref:3886271)   #1425
S griffin
Veteran

He wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but I enjoyed him on ITV and the Beeb

Tags
pinks