Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Dec 2007, 14:27 (Ref:2083647)   #1
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No one have commented the new Force India livery yet, I must say I love it, purplish red with white looks simply marvellous.

http://www.forceindiaf1.com/home.html

And Ralf S. has been the most slowest candidate for the free Force India seat this far, bye bye, Ralf.
Old 7 Dec 2007, 14:30 (Ref:2083652)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why would they mention it in the thread about slicks? I've moved your post to its own thread.

I don't think it is anything special, but it is not bad.
Old 7 Dec 2007, 18:21 (Ref:2083824)   #3
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, well, maybe there should be a thread for the preseason test days?
Old 7 Dec 2007, 19:18 (Ref:2083858)   #4
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Don't like it

Considering that Jordan had probably the best liveries of the last decade its ironic how unispiring liveries can their successors come up with.
Old 7 Dec 2007, 19:22 (Ref:2083863)   #5
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the livery. To me its rather elegant and beats the the offerings of Midland and Spyker as well as alot of the Jordan designs which I also thought to be quite cluttered ('91 and '97 aside).
Old 7 Dec 2007, 19:49 (Ref:2083884)   #6
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
Are you seriously suggest that this beats 2000's Jordan with the wasp on the nose, or 1998 with the shark? Well, its a matter of taste I think, there is no rule according to which livery A is better than livery B. but still
Old 7 Dec 2007, 19:55 (Ref:2083889)   #7
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Force India livery is great, although we have enough red/reddish cars on the track. Certainly not as distinctive as the Jordan liveries, but when you change your team name every year it's hard to be.
Old 7 Dec 2007, 20:18 (Ref:2083903)   #8
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
yea exactly Jordan stood out with their yellow, this one here is... what is it? a Toyota? a Super-Aguri? A team that they're going to sell to a Chinese/Turkish/Malasyian billionair mid-summer but needed a color-sheme till then?
Old 8 Dec 2007, 01:15 (Ref:2084054)   #9
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I loved the Jordan and the Spyker livery myself, so for me this is a bit of a let down..
Old 8 Dec 2007, 02:40 (Ref:2084083)   #10
Kai
Racer

United States
San Francisco
Kai has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I hope they change it. I liked Jordan's and last years Spyker's liveries alot but this just doesn't do it for me.
Old 8 Dec 2007, 03:23 (Ref:2084090)   #11
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
"Welcome" to the forum Kai! I hope that you have fun posting here..
Old 8 Dec 2007, 07:54 (Ref:2084165)   #12
Kai
Racer

United States
San Francisco
Kai has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hey thanks! I enjoy this forum a lot.
Old 8 Dec 2007, 09:37 (Ref:2084206)   #13
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
It looks rather bland and dull I think.
Old 8 Dec 2007, 11:23 (Ref:2084246)   #14
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
The forum?
Old 8 Dec 2007, 12:09 (Ref:2084260)   #15
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

The paint job reminds me of CCWS for some reason but it seems the livery is the least of their troubles; practically undriveable I think was the gist of Ralf's comments, or thereabouts. The livery's no bother at all.
Old 8 Dec 2007, 12:45 (Ref:2084281)   #16
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff

The paint job reminds me of CCWS for some reason but it seems the livery is the least of their troubles; practically undriveable I think was the gist of Ralf's comments, or thereabouts. The livery's no bother at all.
Me too. Remind me the Mo Nunn's team livery of 2001, of the car used by Alex Zanardi that year.
Old 8 Dec 2007, 12:46 (Ref:2084285)   #17
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, I think you're right Mekola. Cheers.
Old 8 Dec 2007, 16:31 (Ref:2084390)   #18
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say i like the livery, mind you i was under the impression it was an interim, hope the final one is similar.
Old 8 Dec 2007, 16:39 (Ref:2084393)   #19
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like the deep red/maroon colour that's used, which with the white gives very clean lines.
How it compares when seen next to other Red and white cars remains to be seen.
Old 8 Dec 2007, 19:09 (Ref:2084479)   #20
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk
I have to say i like the livery, mind you i was under the impression it was an interim, hope the final one is similar.
I hope the same. Won't be surprised if next years car would have some shades of green.
Old 8 Dec 2007, 21:52 (Ref:2084545)   #21
Flaming_Wuzzle
Racer

United States
a house
Flaming_Wuzzle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A red and white car? Totally original! This will surely make them stand out from the rest of the grid.
Old 8 Dec 2007, 22:13 (Ref:2084554)   #22
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff

Reminds me of Zanardi's 2001 car. And also:

The more 'tubular' shape of nosecone reminds me of an older Champcar, very nice
Old 9 Dec 2007, 21:46 (Ref:2085115)   #23
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the livery. It looks sophisticated where neither Midland's nor Spyker's did. I was impressed by the Dutch philosophy of "We've bought a Formula One team, we must turn it orange!" back in 2006 - but the '07 livery was stolen from an air stewardess aboard an easyjet plane, wasn't it? Orange and grey (and I'm not slating it in principle; I like easyjet uniforms) just didn't look good for them. The Arrows cars of 2000 and 2001, however, looked the business.

Yellow Jordans... I liked them. And I agree that there is too much red and white at the moment. Super Aguri could have been a little more original, to be honest. Hopefully the Force won't look too similar to the Aguris and Toyotas as they chase them round the tracks next year.
Old 10 Dec 2007, 09:49 (Ref:2085367)   #24
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am sure this is just an interim livery - although these are sometimes nicer looking than the actual race livery, I think. For instance McLaren's pre season orange paint job always looked stunning. Honda's bare black with white logos was smart too. Shame they had to go and ruin it.... Does anyone know if they are persisting with the Google Earth livery again in '08?
Quote:
I'm not slating it in principle; I like easyjet uniforms
Me too, but you can't beat the Fly Kandi girls......
http://beta.hedkandi.com/flykandi/Pages/default.aspx
Old 10 Dec 2007, 10:00 (Ref:2085377)   #25
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I think it looks quite good, but I agree with Last2LiftOff - if the car's as bad as it sounds, it really doesn't matter what colour it is!
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'