Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 2 Sep 2009, 13:42 (Ref:2533146)   #1
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lydden ERC 2010???

Acorrding to the motoring press! Lydden is set to retain the European Rallycross Championships for 2010 and could possibly be held in August as the ongoing theme is to pair events up to save costs.So looks like could be Belguim one weekend and then Lydden possibly week after.
Look forward to this being confirmed could see bigger entries as the season would be well on its way
Just thought could be germany not long after? looks like could be busy for us next year!
Fantastic!
Old 2 Sep 2009, 14:43 (Ref:2533178)   #2
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would probably mean either Belgium or Germany is dropped in favour of Norway. I'm a bit worried about the time schedule though. The finals must start at 15:00 sunday afternoon, so realisticly only one heat can be run before that, if they start at 12:30.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 15:01 (Ref:2533185)   #3
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have thought they would run the second day on the bank holiday Monday, meaning they can start nice and early - same as this year.

Maybe they will pair up Norway and Sweden, Poland and Czech, Germany and Austria, England and Belgium, then France and Hungary run separately, esp if France is in Kerlabo, not exactly close to the rest of Europe!

That would mean that Portugal would be dropped; which from the coverage and entry, wouldnt be a bad thing.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 15:08 (Ref:2533192)   #4
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJM View Post
It would probably mean either Belgium or Germany is dropped in favour of Norway. I'm a bit worried about the time schedule though. The finals must start at 15:00 sunday afternoon, so realisticly only one heat can be run before that, if they start at 12:30.
I guess it would be moved to the BRC slot on bank holiday monday to fit the heats and finals in. Maybe the BRC round with move to a saturday sunday slot
Old 2 Sep 2009, 16:03 (Ref:2533217)   #5
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope they get rid of that crazy joker lap.

It is not necessary at Lydden as its a proper track, ideally it should be scrapped but if the puppets at the FIA insist it should be from lap 2 only.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 16:56 (Ref:2533238)   #6
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
I would have thought they would run the second day on the bank holiday Monday, meaning they can start nice and early - same as this year.
I think bank holiday Monday is a British thing. I would be surprised if FIA, drivers and TV will accept a ERC race on a regular workday for most of Europe.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 17:17 (Ref:2533250)   #7
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SpeCTator View Post
I hope they get rid of that crazy joker lap.

It is not necessary at Lydden as its a proper track, ideally it should be scrapped but if the puppets at the FIA insist it should be from lap 2 only.
I was talking with some friends about this at Lydden on Monday. I can see the point of the Joker on some of the narrow tracks in Europe where the Joker is a vital tool for overtaking. A track like Lydden (with enough places for passing) seems to require it less.

Do any of the drivers on here have an opinion on it?

Do you think that, if they have to have it, it might work better if the cars exited in the middle of that corner; that way their return to the track would be a lot faster?
Old 2 Sep 2009, 18:58 (Ref:2533305)   #8
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
Have discussed the idea of the joker and the ideal place so as not to cause to much damage and give the drivers the chioce of taking it instead of forced into it!Having talked to other forum members seems to be two answers that we can come up with? Ban the joker till the second lap or move the joker to the exit of Chessons drift cut back into the infield and exit back just at the end of the dover slope keep to the right just before devils elbow then they have the run up to the north bend obviously saftey and run off areas may have to be changed.
What do others think also if it was to change ERC Inspectors would have to confirm and approve! and no doubt an event would have to be run maybe one of the winter rounds would count
Old 2 Sep 2009, 19:29 (Ref:2533321)   #9
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Evening tony it could be plenty of road trips next year:-),im already saving lol,and i think we should keep the joker lap,but change the position,ready for the winter seris in november.

BB....
Old 3 Sep 2009, 13:29 (Ref:2533785)   #10
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
I think bank holiday Monday is a British thing. I would be surprised if FIA, drivers and TV will accept a ERC race on a regular workday for most of Europe.
But I didnt think that the Easter Bank Holiday Monday was a national holiday across mainland Europe either? Or am I wrong?

Hopefully, they can get permission to lift the ban for one day - nobody lives anywhere nearby Lydden anyway!
Old 3 Sep 2009, 14:13 (Ref:2533809)   #11
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
Quote:
But I didnt think that the Easter Bank Holiday Monday was a national holiday across mainland Europe either? Or am I wrong?
Very wrong :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_...ficial_holiday
Old 3 Sep 2009, 14:21 (Ref:2533819)   #12
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
Quote:

Maybe they will pair up Norway and Sweden, Poland and Czech, Germany and Austria, England and Belgium, then France and Hungary run separately, esp if France is in Kerlabo, not exactly close to the rest of Europe!

That would mean that Portugal would be dropped; which from the coverage and entry, wouldnt be a bad thing.
Kerlabo not close to the rest of Europe? Have you looked at Stjørdal on the map? Or Kouvola where they propose the Finnish round?

If they drop Portugal I would think that Britain was best paired with France. I suppose they are moving Lydden because they want 5x2 races.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 15:57 (Ref:2533880)   #13
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJM View Post
Haha, having checked that list, it does indeed include every country involved in the ERC. Oops!

As for the comments re distance of Kerlabo, I just meant that Maasmachelen and Lydden are very close together, and Kerlabo must be at least a 10 hour drive from any other circuit. But maybe it would be better to tie to France in Easter (can use Southampton to St Malo ferry). Then Belgium/Germany, Austria/Hungary, and the others...

Anyway, it's all speculation and as long as Lydden and Belgium return, I couldn't care less!