Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Mar 2013, 05:30 (Ref:3220349)   #126
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Amusing they still have Kingfisher advertising on the car......http://www.flykingfisher.com/

"We have suspended all future bookings till further notice. For any queries, please contact our call center"

Remind me how a bankrupt grounded airline sponsors an F1 Team?
Old 18 Mar 2013, 06:27 (Ref:3220362)   #127
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Amusing they still have Kingfisher advertising on the car......http://www.flykingfisher.com/

"We have suspended all future bookings till further notice. For any queries, please contact our call center"

Remind me how a bankrupt grounded airline sponsors an F1 Team?
I guess if the deals been done and the money due so far has been paid it would be for the airline to pull the branding, from the teams point of view they don't want to start experimenting with the other two possible questions:

How can a bankrupt grounded airline sue an F1 team that reneges on a sponsorship deal

or

Why would a bankrupt grounded airline sue an F1 team that reneges on a sponsorship deal

Actually isn't Kingfisher group more than just the airline? Although I think the whole organisation is up the creek.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 15:48 (Ref:3220631)   #128
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
There is still very little external funding for the team, and companies are choosing not to be associated with FI due to the toxic nature of the problems with UB & Sahara.
OK Easton, since you obviously have inside knowledge....

Name the companies put off by the "toxic nature" of FI.

Put up or shut up!!
Old 21 Mar 2013, 03:47 (Ref:3222074)   #129
IndyDonut
Racer

United States
New York City
IndyDonut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The Melbourne result does not change the fact that both the UB Group & Sahara have major financial & legal issues that could see both organisations collapse at any time, or have changed ownership that may not support the F1 team.
There is still very little external funding for the team, and companies are choosing not to be associated with FI due to the toxic nature of the problems with UB & Sahara.
If they perform well, they might find other sponsors.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 13:36 (Ref:3225997)   #130
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Force India have signed a long term deal with Mercedes for power units and transmissions starting next year. An early engine deal should mean they are better prepared for next year.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106419
Old 6 May 2013, 18:50 (Ref:3243630)   #131
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Since the "Lotus in trouble" thread has been closed without hesitation perhaps this diatribe of ill-informed rumour, speculation and innuendo should suffer the same fate?

If not, why not?
Old 6 May 2013, 19:55 (Ref:3243658)   #132
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The Melbourne result does not change the fact that both the UB Group & Sahara have major financial & legal issues that could see both organisations collapse at any time, or have changed ownership that may not support the F1 team.

Need you mate. This is a 4 year recession, still going on. Its hard. Come work for me, we would be dead in a week with your death attitude. Cheer up mate, worse happens at sea...apparently. Try to find a few positives, I dont really think you understand BIG Business and the duck and diving attitude thingy.........
Posive mental attitude needed. Dont invite me to your dinner party please!
Old 6 May 2013, 19:57 (Ref:3243659)   #133
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Force India have signed a long term deal with Mercedes for power units and transmissions starting next year. An early engine deal should mean they are better prepared for next year.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106419
Cant be true. According to Easton Neston, Force India are DOOMED!!

Last edited by djinvicta; 6 May 2013 at 19:58. Reason: Old age...
Old 6 May 2013, 20:25 (Ref:3243676)   #134
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Force India will certainly survive. It is very saleable asset and their performance means they are well plugged into the FIA benefit system unlike HRT making them a good asset to potential buyers. The "mother" companies that support this team is far from secure though and we'll probably see new owners of Force India at some point in the short to medium term.
Old 6 May 2013, 20:45 (Ref:3243683)   #135
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Force India will certainly survive. It is very saleable asset and their performance means they are well plugged into the FIA benefit system unlike HRT making them a good asset to potential buyers. The "mother" companies that support this team is far from secure though and we'll probably see new owners of Force India at some point in the short to medium term.
That may well be true. Who knows? The "Enstone Team" have had as many owners as the ex-Jordan outfit.

My point is, why are we allowed to speculate on the financial health of Force India but as soon as someone paints a similar picture at Lotus the thread is closed down instantly?

That's my question. There should be equal treatment or none at all surely? If not, why not?
Old 7 May 2013, 00:45 (Ref:3243747)   #136
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well... since Mr Webber doesnt seem to be going to Renault (now Genii Lotus), no point talking about them...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 May 2013, 04:34 (Ref:3243770)   #137
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
That may well be true. Who knows? The "Enstone Team" have had as many owners as the ex-Jordan outfit.

My point is, why are we allowed to speculate on the financial health of Force India but as soon as someone paints a similar picture at Lotus the thread is closed down instantly?

That's my question. There should be equal treatment or none at all surely? If not, why not?
Had you bothered to actually read the post that closed it, you'd see that there was a good reason for doing so. This thread has cited reports to support the proposition, not just rumour.
Old 7 May 2013, 08:34 (Ref:3243842)   #138
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Had you bothered to actually read the post that closed it, you'd see that there was a good reason for doing so. This thread has cited reports to support the proposition, not just rumour.
With the greatest respect, some posts have cited reports to support the proposition that Force India's shareholders may have problems elsewhere in their businesses, NOT the team known as Force India based at Silverstone which is a separate legal entity.

Other posts are nothing but malicious rumour such as "There is still very little external funding for the team, and companies are choosing not to be associated with FI due to the toxic nature of the problems with UB & Sahara."

Bob Fearnley has publicly stated that there is no problem and current results, updates for Barcelona and a deal with Mercedes for engines next year seem to bear this out.
Old 7 May 2013, 08:36 (Ref:3243845)   #139
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You really don't know when to shut up do you?
Old 7 May 2013, 10:05 (Ref:3243884)   #140
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if anyone has beef with moderation, please feel free to contact the site administrators to discuss your concerns.

in the meantime, stop waving your handbags around and take a seat. that goes for everyone.
Old 7 May 2013, 13:30 (Ref:3243960)   #141
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
With the greatest respect, some posts have cited reports to support the proposition that Force India's shareholders may have problems elsewhere in their businesses, NOT the team known as Force India based at Silverstone which is a separate legal entity.

Other posts are nothing but malicious rumour such as "There is still very little external funding for the team, and companies are choosing not to be associated with FI due to the toxic nature of the problems with UB & Sahara."

Bob Fearnley has publicly stated that there is no problem and current results, updates for Barcelona and a deal with Mercedes for engines next year seem to bear this out.
There's no 'elsewhere in the business'. Force India's two blocs of owners are encountering fundamental business problems and this is documented by court files and as well going through some high profile financial dailies. That's going to have a major impact on Force India but it's highly unlikely it will kill F1 outright. Will some sponsors think twice or hold off? Yes. That's good business 101.

I looked briefly at the other thread; it's whispers by a poster not even sourced with an unsourced article. It's nothing to me whether the thread is open or not but I can see why that is closed and this isn't.
Old 7 May 2013, 14:28 (Ref:3243977)   #142
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Quote:

Still, the reasons remains the same for Lotus thread, no links or source of the rumours.
Old 8 May 2013, 00:19 (Ref:3244151)   #143
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
if anyone has beef with moderation, please feel free to contact the site administrators to discuss your concerns.

in the meantime, stop waving your handbags around and take a seat. that goes for everyone.

Please pay attention... She is not messing..
Old 8 May 2013, 06:18 (Ref:3244190)   #144
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So, Force India then? What is the latest with them?
Old 8 May 2013, 17:25 (Ref:3244428)   #145
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well the team is doing well and i would suspect they would even have a bigger gap to Mclaren but Sutil it seems has been struggling (or trying too hard) to find his rhythm again.

as for the problems for the owners...i think its fair to say that we would be questioning any team's future prospects if there was solvency issues for their title sponsors and criminal and/or civil proceedings against any of their major shareholders. its hard to separate the two (team and persons involved with the team) imo.

despite it though the team has been soldiering on in a really remarkable way and that also deserves mentioning so this is as good as any other place for fans of the team to be making that case imo.

its a forum. i have opinions but its up to those who have different opinions to try to change my mind. im not so deeply entrenched in any of my own opinions that my mind cant be changed with good arguments.