Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: Which Grandstand will you be sitting in?
T4. Panorama 2 5.71%
T5. Dunlop 4 11.43%
T11. Wimille 0 0%
T12. Benoist 0 0%
T13. Singher 1 2.86%
T14. Bernato 1 2.86%
T15. Chinetti 0 0%
T16. Sommer 1 2.86%
T17. Durand 2 5.71%
T18. ACO 2 5.71%
T19. Lagache 2 5.71%
T20. Leonard 1 2.86%
T21. Tavano 0 0%
T22. Wolleck 0 0%
T23. Raccordement 4 11.43%
T34. Paddock Stands 9 25.71%
No Grandstand seat for me 6 17.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 May 2014, 12:20 (Ref:3402820)   #1
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Which Grandstand will you be in this year?

Of all the things we've discussed and polled I can't believe this question hasn't been asked already. By answering it doesn't mean you have to stay in your seat the entire time.
Just thought it would be fun to know everyone's preference and get an idea of how many forum members will be their seat mates.
Old 6 May 2014, 12:22 (Ref:3402822)   #2
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Tribune 23, down at the Ford Chicane.
Old 6 May 2014, 12:27 (Ref:3402825)   #3
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Dang man, you were quick to reply!
Make sure to vote though too.
I'll be in Dunlop. First time there.
Old 6 May 2014, 14:28 (Ref:3402864)   #4
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Perhaps T34, if Walter has a surplus ticket I can buy
Old 6 May 2014, 15:07 (Ref:3402873)   #5
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
None. My ears and my wallet don't like them
Old 6 May 2014, 15:16 (Ref:3402876)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Never been a fan of grandstands, like to move around and watch from different places and would rather spend the large sums they charge on other things
Old 6 May 2014, 15:20 (Ref:3402878)   #7
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
All grandstands during practice and none during the race (for the first time)
Old 6 May 2014, 15:50 (Ref:3402896)   #8
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Having tried Lagache once (found it only okay), been a regular in T34 for a few years, I've now settled on Dunlop - having been there the last couple of years - like the combination of seeing the cars sweep around the first corner, there's a good view of a big screen, and often a bit of passing / fumbling about at the first chicane.
Old 6 May 2014, 15:59 (Ref:3402899)   #9
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
T19 Lagache (Michelin), same seat since 1993. There is a good view on the last straight, the pits straight and the Dunlop curve.
We can also see cars in trouble, going back slowly to the pits.
Old 6 May 2014, 16:06 (Ref:3402905)   #10
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
nkoske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doing Dunlop this year.
Old 6 May 2014, 16:51 (Ref:3402928)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Never been a fan of grandstands, like to move around and watch from different places and would rather spend the large sums they charge on other things
I am. Money extremely well spent, particularly for those who like me will brave out the entire race this year under a blazing sun during daytime and probably quite a cold night. T17 Durand for me with James and Tony for the fourth straight year. I can still move around - it isn't as if the ACO stewards tie me to the seat for the duration........
Old 6 May 2014, 16:58 (Ref:3402933)   #12
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Back for a second year in T23 at the chicane. There's a screen and you get to see pit-in. The speed the top guys carry into there is really impressive and isn't something TV does justice to.

Quite cool to see the final moments before the start. Doesn't really allow you to see any of the pre-race festivities. But it's nice to have a base and a seat with your name on during the busy times.
Old 6 May 2014, 17:15 (Ref:3402937)   #13
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I can still move around - it isn't as if the ACO stewards tie me to the seat for the duration........
But they might if we pay them
Old 6 May 2014, 17:21 (Ref:3402942)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm, yes, there is that possibility.......
Old 6 May 2014, 18:46 (Ref:3402990)   #15
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Grandstand 18 just in front of the corvette and aston pits.Especially for the Start and the arrival. At this place we can see from the karting to the beginning of the Dunlop curve .
Old 6 May 2014, 20:53 (Ref:3403059)   #16
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Last few years I have been in 20, opposite of Toyota, could not do LM without.
Old 6 May 2014, 21:29 (Ref:3403082)   #17
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Back for a second year in T23 at the chicane. There's a screen and you get to see pit-in. The speed the top guys carry into there is really impressive and isn't something TV does justice to.

Quite cool to see the final moments before the start. Doesn't really allow you to see any of the pre-race festivities. But it's nice to have a base and a seat with your name on during the busy times.
Seeing some of the pre-race is one of the appeals of a grandstand - and being along the pit straight probably gets you the best of it, but one of the things I like about Dunlop is the great view you get of the Patrouille de France flypast at the start (which I always thought was one of the nice touches on Gran Turismo 4 representation of the race).
Old 6 May 2014, 22:52 (Ref:3403119)   #18
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Seeing some of the pre-race is one of the appeals of a grandstand - and being along the pit straight probably gets you the best of it, but one of the things I like about Dunlop is the great view you get of the Patrouille de France flypast at the start (which I always thought was one of the nice touches on Gran Turismo 4 representation of the race).
I really like Dunlop. We tend to watch qualifying from in there - and our first two years without GS tickets we got up early and camped on the barrier in front of Dunlop to get a good view of the first corner. It is great for the flypast like you say. The proximity of the big screen is good too. You have to squint a little bit from Raccordement.
Old 7 May 2014, 00:20 (Ref:3403145)   #19
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Miss having a grandstand sometimes but I really enjoy being down with the plebs in the terraces. The past two years we've been on the front row roughly inline with where the tricolor is dropped. It's a fantastic place to soak up the atmosphere, and mechanics and drivers really do interact with you when you're that close, and it's breathtaking at the actual start of the race. You can see the cars for quite a long time as well - right from the last part of the Porsche Curves.

The disadvantages are that when you want the toilet/another beer, it's an absolute nightmare getting in and out. Can imagine it getting pretty tough in extreme weather as well. But it's worth it overall when we can't really afford the GS seats any more.

Have to say that T18 is a cracking place to watch the start, and T23 might just be my favourite viewing spot on the whole circuit. Dunlop, though, we haven't touched for years now and I find it a pretty underwhelming view because you're too far away from the cars.
Old 7 May 2014, 04:25 (Ref:3403176)   #20
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
T23 for me, once the race has started it is a far more interesting view than any any of the pit straight stands. Dunlop is good but far too far from our campsite. The only downside of T23 is that it is a bit cramped at the start though
Old 7 May 2014, 09:49 (Ref:3403271)   #21
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
See you in there no doubt Mal!

Straw poll - are there any Le Mans grandstands that you can sit in and not get wet?

Ford Chicane, T34, Dunlop, that slightly scruffier one next to Dunlop. Obviously it depends where you're sat but I've been rained on inside all of those. T22 is also not great I hear
Old 7 May 2014, 09:58 (Ref:3403275)   #22
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
See you in there no doubt Mal!

Straw poll - are there any Le Mans grandstands that you can sit in and not get wet?

Ford Chicane, T34, Dunlop, that slightly scruffier one next to Dunlop. Obviously it depends where you're sat but I've been rained on inside all of those. T22 is also not great I hear
It depends where you sit and which way the wind is blowing
Old 7 May 2014, 11:33 (Ref:3403300)   #23
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going to try T34 for the prerace/start and finish. The rest of the time will be moving around the circuit.
Old 7 May 2014, 11:37 (Ref:3403302)   #24
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake dust View Post
Going to try T34 for the prerace/start and finish. The rest of the time will be moving around the circuit...
... and go to the meeting on the Saturday at noon.
Old 7 May 2014, 19:01 (Ref:3403485)   #25
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
I'll be witnessing the start of the race from the 'Singher' grandstand. Another benefit of escorting a friend in a wheelchair. As long as one does not ofstruct the view of the dissabled, there's plenty of room to enjoy the race.