Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: Which grandstand for you?
TERTRE ROUGE GRANDSTAND - T01 0 0%
CHAPELLE GRANDSTAND - T03 0 0%
PANORAMA GRANDSTAND -T04 1 3.70%
DUNLOP GRANDSTAND -T05 2 7.41%
WIMILLE GRANDSTAND -T11 1 3.70%
BENOIST GRANDSTAND - T12 0 0%
BARNATO GRANDSTAND - T14 0 0%
CHINETTI GRANDSTAND - T15 1 3.70%
SOMMER GRANDSTAND - T16 0 0%
DURAND GRANDSTAND - T17 Membre ACO 1 3.70%
ACO GRANDSTAND - T18 Membre ACO 2 7.41%
LAGACHE GRANDSTAND - T19 1 3.70%
LEONARD GRANDSTAND - T20 2 7.41%
TAVANO GRANDSTAND - T21 1 3.70%
WOLLEK GRANDSTAND - T22 0 0%
RACCORDEMENT GRANDSTAND - T23 3 11.11%
PIT-LANE GRANDSTAND - T34 1 3.70%
No Grandstand For Me 11 40.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28 Feb 2017, 21:42 (Ref:3715391)   #1
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
2017 Which Grandstand are you watching from poll

In light of the camping poll. How about the which grandstand are you parking your butt at poll (during the race). For newbies, please remember, you can sit in any of the grandstands you wish up until Saturday morning!

I'll be at Panorama this time (first time booking in that one). Previous years have sat in Tavano (Start/Finish), Ford Chicane, and Dunlop.
Old 28 Feb 2017, 23:55 (Ref:3715399)   #2
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Foldable chair grandstand for me
Old 1 Mar 2017, 04:15 (Ref:3715428)   #3
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Foldable chair grandstand for me
Agreed. This is a road course, not an oval!!!

(So why didn't you vote no grandstand???)

jimclark
Old 1 Mar 2017, 07:04 (Ref:3715453)   #4
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Foldable chair here too. Or a plastic bag.
Old 1 Mar 2017, 08:20 (Ref:3715474)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
As usual will watch start from Tertre Rouge, good view from outside of camp site of dunlop bridge and the esses plus large screen directly opposite. Cheaper than grandstand seats and i can be sitting having a dink in the campsite at 2.55pm and then still see the start
Old 1 Mar 2017, 08:30 (Ref:3715477)   #6
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My grandstand is foldable and moving around the track
Old 1 Mar 2017, 16:56 (Ref:3715602)   #7
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
My grandstand will be my beautifully padded mobile armchair, situated at the apex of Indianapolis.

Otherwise known as my mobility scooter.......
Old 1 Mar 2017, 18:24 (Ref:3715621)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In a very significant break from tradition, Team DoT will this year be located in Raccordement grandstand, which I still refer to as the Ford Chicane grandstand. At the risk of embarrassing our team principal, we were too late to the ticket fray to get our usual seats in T17......

Significant day today too - 100 days until my Le Mans holiday begins (101 until I leave for France).
Old 1 Mar 2017, 18:54 (Ref:3715631)   #9
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
In a very significant break from tradition, Team DoT will this year be located in Raccordement grandstand, which I still refer to as the Ford Chicane grandstand. At the risk of embarrassing our team principal, we were too late to the ticket fray to get our usual seats in T17......

Significant day today too - 100 days until my Le Mans holiday begins (101 until I leave for France).
Ha ha, me too! My countdown app tells me I am 100 days, 3 hours, 36 minutes and 14 seconds from the time my plane takes off from Charlotte.
Old 1 Mar 2017, 20:03 (Ref:3715644)   #10
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As usual ACO GRANDSTAND - T18 Membre ACO
In front of Corvette's pits.
A great battle to get the places...........................as usual..........
Old 1 Mar 2017, 21:07 (Ref:3715656)   #11
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Still undecided for me.
Old 1 Mar 2017, 21:36 (Ref:3715660)   #12
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Leonard, at the highest row arround seat #20 opposite of Toyota, the finish line and the podium, been there for many years now. Haven't got the guts to order something different.
Old 1 Mar 2017, 23:21 (Ref:3715678)   #13
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
So why didn't you vote no grandstand???
I just did! But tapatalk on my phone doesn't do polls. So sorry for the delay!
Old 2 Mar 2017, 01:04 (Ref:3715692)   #14
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
I just did! But tapatalk on my phone doesn't do polls. So sorry for the delay!

jimclark
Old 2 Mar 2017, 16:31 (Ref:3715857)   #15
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lagache, same seat for 25 years.
Old 2 Mar 2017, 18:39 (Ref:3715892)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Lagache, same seat for 25 years.
It must have become moulded to the shape of your posterior by now!
Old 2 Mar 2017, 22:31 (Ref:3715953)   #17
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Great view... you have to breath in at the start as it is a bit cramped.
We are in Wimille, this year.
Old 3 Mar 2017, 10:05 (Ref:3716061)   #18
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It must have become moulded to the shape of your posterior by now!
This is the only solution I have found to have my own bucket seat. Yes but the shape is destroyed each year by some bikers boots.
Old 6 Mar 2017, 08:55 (Ref:3716805)   #19
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dunlop.Mainly look at Grandstand seat as rain insurance.Usually only spend 3-4 hours of race in stand if dry.
Old 7 Mar 2017, 15:42 (Ref:3717061)   #20
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
first time in T21 Tavano, anyone been there before / got pictures of the view?
Old 10 Mar 2017, 13:53 (Ref:3717765)   #21
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

My favourite and usual grandstand - would be good to say "hi"!
Old 21 Mar 2017, 08:35 (Ref:3720371)   #22
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm so torn for this year. Past few times I have gone I have never bought a grandstand ticket, and prefer to move about the track. But the weather in 2011, 2013 and 2014 was great by and large (2013 a little dodgy IIRC, and there were those huge showers in 2014 when Lapierre stacked it).

As I'm only going for the race, and I will be staying up all night, I am thinking that an extra 100 quid on a covered grandstand would be quite a good investment, and an absolute must in the event of rain. Can imagine a rainy Le Mans without a grandstand or a tent to shelter in would be a pretty miserable experience.

Then again, if it's warm and sunny I may kick myself...
Old 21 Mar 2017, 20:17 (Ref:3720477)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's gonna be warm and sunny.

(But I'll still have a seat )

This is now Simon's cue to say it's completely unnecessary.......
Old 22 Mar 2017, 07:00 (Ref:3720559)   #24
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
No i like a seat, just like to have one that i can move around and do not have to pay a fortune for. but if i did not have a dry place to retreat too i would get one in the aco stand like i do for the classic
Old 22 Mar 2017, 08:11 (Ref:3720568)   #25
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bit the bullet and went for T15 Chinetti.

I'll actually be covering the race for the website I write for, so I guess having somewhere to sit and type isn't a bad thing. Accreditation? At Le Mans the ACO tend to forget the little sites that cover their series for the entire season and prefer to allocate all the press places to the big guns, c'est la vie.