Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 31 Dec 2006, 19:00 (Ref:1802430)   #1
skmanuk
Racer

England
skmanuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Renault BARC

Hi Everyone,

Another year is just about on us, we have had two very successful threads in 2005 and 2006, so here's one for 2007.

They have been a great place to keep up to date with events as the season progressed.

Anyone got any firm plans yet, having sold one of my two Mygales, I hope to be out in a FR2000 car this year.

Happy New Year!
Old 31 Dec 2006, 19:12 (Ref:1802432)   #2
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skmanuk
Hi Everyone,

Another year is just about on us, we have had two very successful threads in 2005 and 2006, so here's one for 2007.

They have been a great place to keep up to date with events as the season progressed.

Anyone got any firm plans yet, having sold one of my two Mygales, I hope to be out in a FR2000 car this year.

Happy New Year!

Do you plan to buy a car or run with a team?

We will certainly be out again in the FR2000 class. A pity the season starts so late.It will be over 7 months between the last '06 race and the first '07
Old 15 Jan 2007, 11:27 (Ref:1815631)   #3
ADEE
Racer

England
Harpenden
ADEE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any hot news, gossip etc... from the Autosport show?
Old 15 Jan 2007, 17:58 (Ref:1815854)   #4
JHMotorsport
Rookie

JHMotorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,

I can't speak of any real gossip.... the latest 2007 bodywork was on show at the RenaultSport stand.. unpainted carbon but could still the fact it will look pretty curvy when painted up. I believe Bill Allen has signed up for Club class so good to hear he was only temporarilly away and must like the championship etc.

I'll wait a little longer before parting with the (hugely increased) registration fee!
Old 15 Jan 2007, 19:05 (Ref:1815899)   #5
skmanuk
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHMotorsport
Hi all,

I'll wait a little longer before parting with the (hugely increased) registration fee!
Hadn't looked, whats it gone up to?
Old 16 Jan 2007, 09:10 (Ref:1816313)   #6
ianpearson
Racer

ianpearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skmanuk
Hadn't looked, whats it gone up to?
I had heard it had gone up & there is no test day included. I have not seen this officially though, we have not recieved any correspondance since i got an entry form for the uk winter series back in october. I'm well in the dark
Old 16 Jan 2007, 09:18 (Ref:1816325)   #7
dasc04
Rookie

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dasc04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry is £470 this year. As far as I know there is a test day, when? I don't know.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 12:33 (Ref:1816478)   #8
ADEE
Racer

England
Harpenden
if the test day is at donington then that just about justifies the entry fee alone!
Old 20 Jan 2007, 18:43 (Ref:1820429)   #9
Mr Horsepower
Rookie

England
Derby
Mr Horsepower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Just wanted to say "Hi" to anyone. I purchased a 97 Tatuus last June and I am just filling in the registration form for the BARC FRenault Club series. Unfortunately (for everyone else) I am a novice, but still really looking forward to it even though I'm 41!!!

I've had a lot of help off Ian & Bob Pearson so far (thanks) and I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's perhaps in the same position as me.

I am still looking for a few Tatuus bits for the 96/97 car (gearbox panels, rear wing end plates, and a strange little plastic panel on the inside of the car by the gear lever) if anyone has any to sell please contact me.

No doubt I'll meet some of you through the year.

Richard
Old 22 Jan 2007, 09:38 (Ref:1821548)   #10
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't worry about your age Richard, I'm old enough to be your dad !! Theres a few others out there older than you ( they might not want to admit it ) but its true. There used to be a situation referred to by us as the "grey haired derby" when some of us who qualified happened to get together on the same area of track, you can join in !!
Why are we posting on this post? It's all your fault Simon. I rather liked the stars we were awarded on the other post. Are they transferrable? Do we have to re-earn them? What did we do to earn them in the first place ?
Old 22 Jan 2007, 10:21 (Ref:1821582)   #11
ADEE
Racer

England
Harpenden
[QUOTE=Bob Pearson] Theres a few others out there older than you ( they might not want to admit it ) but its true. There QUOTE]

I admit it!!

On a serious note I think it would be great to have a separate awards structure for the older drivers - something like a 'masters' class. Don't even need to set the age bar that high - just enough to make us distinct from the aspiring young guns. Probably not important whilst we still have Club Class but if that disappears it may help incent us oldies to step up to a carbon car.
Old 22 Jan 2007, 13:11 (Ref:1821685)   #12
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pearson
Why are we posting on this post? It's all your fault Simon. I rather liked the stars we were awarded on the other post. Are they transferrable? Do we have to re-earn them? What did we do to earn them in the first place ?
Someone appears to have already given this thread some stars, but this explains all.
Old 25 Jan 2007, 09:52 (Ref:1825482)   #13
Bob Pearson
Veteran

The test day is now confirmed as the 20th March at Oulton Park, that will make a nice change.
Old 25 Jan 2007, 14:39 (Ref:1825711)   #14
DSM
Veteran

Hi all.

Just noticed that the official price for the new bodykit has been published -
E10800 + VAT. that rounds up to the best part of £9K to the privateer who can't reclaim the VAT.

I know it's not necessary this year in BARC but I understood it would be next. Anyone confirm that?

What with the gradual reduction in pre 2000 cars (Seems so to me, correct me if I'm wrong Bob) and the hit this will be for privateers, BARC will become just a feeder series for the main championship teams to run first timers in, won't it?

I'm not actually against the update per se but at this price, which seems extortionate, I think it's imposition is difficult to justify. By the time it's been painted it will be well over £10K
Old 25 Jan 2007, 15:15 (Ref:1825739)   #15
ianpearson
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM
What with the gradual reduction in pre 2000 cars (Seems so to me, correct me if I'm wrong Bob) and the hit this will be for privateers, BARC will become just a feeder series for the main championship teams to run first timers in, won't it?

I'm not actually against the update per se but at this price, which seems extortionate, I think it's imposition is difficult to justify. By the time it's been painted it will be well over £10K
We have had quite a few people on the phone over the last months who are intending to do the club class next season, some of them are fresh out of karting youngsters. infact the only two that have registered so far are neither competed last season & if someone does not hurry up & by my car they will have to put up with me again aswell. I would not be suprised to see it over double figures in the club class.

The whole new bodykit bothers me a bit aswell, I would need to screw myself to the wall to buy an FR2000 (including the money from my car & my new central heating budget, good job its been mild up until now!) then spend the cost of another front running club class car on a bodykit one year later.

Are you all geared up for championship assault this season Peter? after a podium at brands you must be feeling pretty good about the coming season
Old 25 Jan 2007, 15:47 (Ref:1825756)   #16
Bob Pearson
Veteran

So far only six drivers have registered for the championship ( that means very little except that everyone is hanging onto their money until March) However 3 of the 6 are club class. As Ian said a lot of people are intending entering the club class. Of those it is worth noting that 5 of them are bringing out cars which were not running last year, so around 14-15 for the club class seems quite possible.
It may be just as well, as the amount of prospective drivers publishing their intent to run in the championship class in the press is certainly less at this time in January than it was last winter.
But its early days, it could all change, does anyone have any feel for the number of new guys in the championship class?
Old 25 Jan 2007, 20:24 (Ref:1825939)   #17
JHMotorsport
Rookie

Interesting there sounds like there's going to be so many coming into club class... have they finally worked out it's a well run championship ;-)

Well, I make no attempt to hide my intentions... if I sell my car I will get an FR2000 (assuming I can actually find a good one!) and failing that I'll happilly run it again. Much the same position as Ian really.

Sounds like this year is shaping up well in rumour at least... should be good!

James
Old 26 Jan 2007, 08:59 (Ref:1826232)   #18
skmanuk
Racer

England
My apologies Bob, however I see this thread already has 5 stars whereas the old one only managed 4 after a year.

I'm pleased to say I have now sold both my cars, so am on the lookout for a shiny carbon one. The most recent purchaser has already registered for the Club Class, Machtech Motorsport.
Old 26 Jan 2007, 15:50 (Ref:1826593)   #19
Mr Horsepower
Rookie

England
Derby
Mr Horsepower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well my registration form has gone in today too, so thats definitely another for the club class....
Old 29 Jan 2007, 16:09 (Ref:1828712)   #20
DSM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianpearson
We have had quite a few people on the phone over the last months who are intending to do the club class next season, some of them are fresh out of karting youngsters. infact the only two that have registered so far are neither competed last season & if someone does not hurry up & by my car they will have to put up with me again aswell. I would not be suprised to see it over double figures in the club class.

The whole new bodykit bothers me a bit aswell, I would need to screw myself to the wall to buy an FR2000 (including the money from my car & my new central heating budget, good job its been mild up until now!) then spend the cost of another front running club class car on a bodykit one year later.

Are you all geared up for championship assault this season Peter? after a podium at brands you must be feeling pretty good about the coming season
Hi Ian.

We'll be doing our best as always, Ian, and we'll see what happens. Knowing that some of the 'works teams' would be out last year and being new to this car we set our sights on a top ten finish with the odd podium. We were happy to achieve that but would always want to do better!

This year? Well David's still going to be giving maybe 15Kg away to these youngsters (even to you!) so it will be tough but I think we'd be disappointed without more podiums and a top 5 finish. Difficult to predict when you don't know who and which teams will be out, though.

Only thing we can guarantee is 100% effort!!
Old 29 Jan 2007, 16:33 (Ref:1828732)   #21
ianpearson
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM
This year? Well David's still going to be giving maybe 15Kg away to these youngsters (even to you!) so it will be tough but I think we'd be disappointed without more podiums and a top 5 finish. Difficult to predict when you don't know who and which teams will be out, though.

Only thing we can guarantee is 100% effort!!
15 kg! I'd take his car keys of him & make him cycle to milton keynes in the morning. I suppose not everyone can stick to my munk like lifstyle although I've already spent an hour & a half in the gym today, need to lose my last kg to be back down on race weight
Old 29 Jan 2007, 18:19 (Ref:1828794)   #22
DSM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianpearson
15 kg! I'd take his car keys of him & make him cycle to milton keynes in the morning. I suppose not everyone can stick to my munk like lifstyle although I've already spent an hour & a half in the gym today, need to lose my last kg to be back down on race weight
Well to be fair he does work out quite a bit and doesn't carry much fat. He is a wee bit taller than you, Ian?
Old 12 Feb 2007, 12:38 (Ref:1839277)   #23
steveng
Racer

England
Beverley East Yorkshire
steveng should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gentlemen.....Due to some faulty wiring all the nice red lights on my F Renault (Martini Mk71, 1995 vintage) have gone out. The switches work but no revs/oil/water. We are sure it is the dash. The car runs fine. I have to say I always thought the dash on these old Renaults was pretty rubbish but it would be nice to have some information.
Anyone got one?
Old 12 Feb 2007, 13:26 (Ref:1839329)   #24
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Why dont you put a wanted ad on rececars direct for a 95 Fr dash. Unfortunately they changed the plug in 96, so it narrows down the chances a bit
If you could find someone still running a 95 car you could plug yours into his car and double check your diagnosis.
Old 12 Feb 2007, 13:51 (Ref:1839355)   #25
JHMotorsport
Rookie

Hi 'steveng' - which type of connector is it (round or square plug)? I have a dash with each type of connector and you could try it out.

James