Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 10 Jan 2019, 23:56 (Ref:3875386)   #126
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
2019 Dakar Rally - results after stage 4:

Cars:

1. Nasser Al-Attiyah (Toyota), 12:12'
2. Stéphane Peterhansel (Mini) + 8'
3. Nani Roma (Mini) + 20'
4. Jakub Przygonski (Mini) + 22'
5. Yazeed Al-Rajhi (Mini) + 24'
6. Sébastien Loeb (Peugeot) + 50'
7. Cyril Despres (Mini) + 50'
8. Aron Domzala (Toyota) + 1:28'
9. Boris Garafulic (Mini)
10. Harry Hunt (Peugeot)
11. Martin Prokop (Ford)
12. Benediktas Vanagas (Toyota)

Nicolás Fuchs is 18th, Bernard Ten Brinke is 19th, Carlos Sainz is 23rd, Giniel de Villiers is 29th, Pato Silva is 34th.

Robby Gordon and Orlando Terranova have retired.

- o -

Motorcycles

1. Ricky Brabec (Honda), 12:33'
2. Pablo Quintanilla (Husqvarna) + 2'
3. Toby Price (KTM) + 4'
4. Sam Sunderland (KTM) + 7'
5. Adrien van Beveren (Yamaha) + 8'
6. Kevin Benavides (Honda) + 9'
7. Matthias Walkner (KTM) + 9'
8. Paulo Goncalves (Honda) + 20'
9. Xavier de Soultrait (Yamaha) + 22'
10. Stefan Svitko (KTM) + 28'
11. Andrew Short (Husqvarna) + 30'
12. Oriol Mena (Hero Speedbrain) + 35'

Luciano Benavides is 14th, Adrien Metge is 16th, José Ignacio Cornejo is 15th, Laia Sanz is 20th, Mario Patrão is 21st, Michael Metge is 26th.

Joan Barreda Bort and Rodney Faggotter have retired.
Old 12 Jan 2019, 08:33 (Ref:3875659)   #127
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Looks like RedBull TV will have nightly coverage at 7pm Eastern.

Dakar Rally | Peru, South America | Red Bull TV
https://www.redbull.com/int-en/tv/li...11/dakar-rally

Having cut the cable cord and invested in Roku, I'll have a better chance following this year. Looking forward to it!
Thanks for the link, some really good Dakar coverage on here. I'd forgotten about Red Bull TV.
Old 12 Jan 2019, 13:08 (Ref:3875703)   #128
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Thanks for the link, some really good Dakar coverage on here. I'd forgotten about Red Bull TV.
Great footage and decent coverage of the event but the recaps are so short. I was a little disappointed, if I'm honest. There's just so much going and feel like they're shortening us!

Burn your welcome! Glad you're enjoying it.
Old 12 Jan 2019, 19:22 (Ref:3875758)   #129
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Quote:
Great footage and decent coverage of the event but the recaps are so short. I was a little disappointed, if I'm honest. There's just so much going and feel like they're shortening us!

Burn your welcome! Glad you're enjoying it.
It's good to have the daily updates (I'd also not really considered Red Bull TV - so thanks!) but as you say - they are a bit short. Once you've got a lot of the 'fluff' out of the way there's not much room left for action. I guess part of the problem is the size of the area you'd need to cover to get coverage! But on the whole I'm enjoying it (and some of the still photos of the event are really impressive too).
Old 13 Jan 2019, 21:43 (Ref:3875991)   #130
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
2019 Dakar Rally - results after stage 6:

Motorcycles

1. Pablo Quintanilla (Husqvarna) + 20:45'
2. Ricky Brabec (Honda), +4'
3. Toby Price (KTM) + 5'
4. Kevin Benavides (Honda) + 8'
5. Adrien van Beveren (Yamaha) + 9'
6. Matthias Walkner (KTM) + 10'
7. Sam Sunderland (KTM) + 21'
8. Stefan Svitko (KTM) + 32'
9. Xavier de Soultrait (Yamaha) + 38'
10. Andrew Short (Husqvarna) + 38'
11. Kevin Benavides (KTM), + 1:01'
12. Ignacio Cornejo (Honda), + 1:10'
13. Oriol Mena (Hero Speedbrain) + 1:25'

Paulo Goncalves (Honda) crashed out.
Old 15 Jan 2019, 00:05 (Ref:3876194)   #131
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Kamaz factory driver Andrey Karginov was excluded for running over a spectator and not assisting.
Old 15 Jan 2019, 00:10 (Ref:3876195)   #132
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
2019 Dakar Rally - results after stage 7:

Cars:

1. Nasser Al-Attiyah (Toyota), 25:13'
2. Stéphane Peterhansel (Mini) + 0:29'
3. Nani Roma (Mini) + 0:38'
4. Sébastien Loeb (Peugeot) + 0:54'
5. Cyril Despres (Mini) + 1:20'
6. Jakub Przygonski (Mini) + 2:12'
7. Martin Prokop (Ford) + 2:34'
8. Yazeed Al-Rajhi (Mini) + 3:39'
9. Bernhard Ten Brinke (Toyota), + 4:30'
10. Carlos Saniz (Mini) + 5:15'
Old 15 Jan 2019, 00:15 (Ref:3876196)   #133
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
2019 Dakar Rally - results after stage 7:

Motorcycles

1. Ricky Brabec (Honda), 24:48'
2. Adrien van Beveren (Yamaha) + 8'
3. Toby Price (KTM) + 8'
4. Sam Sunderland (KTM) + 10'
5. Pablo Quintanilla (Husqvarna) + 10'
6. Kevin Benavides (Honda) + 16'
7. Matthias Walkner (KTM) + 16'
8. Stefan Svitko (KTM) + 37'
9. Andrew Short (Husqvarna) + 39'
10. Xavier de Soultrait (Yamaha) + 40'
11. Luciano Benavides (KTM), + 1:01'
12. Ignacio Cornejo (Honda), + 1:01'
13. Oriol Mena (Hero Speedbrain) + 1:34'

This race is ridiculously tight.
Old 15 Jan 2019, 08:48 (Ref:3876236)   #134
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In motorbikes often the race is very good! I think these boys are a sort of phenomenal generation, all skilled and ready to win even if the last Dakar were always in the hands of the KTM.

Also in the car it's not still decided and neither in trucks.
Old 6 Jan 2020, 19:12 (Ref:3950068)   #135
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
thought i would give this a bump instead of starting a new thread...

general question but how many people still follow the Dakar?

i have always thought it was super cool but i cant say i was anything more than just a casual fan in the past but last couple of year i have found my interest nonexistent. i dont mind the location so i think my bigger problem is accessibility to content.

one of the specialty tv channels i get used to broadcast daily updates but then it went from that specialty motorsport channel to this outdoor living type channel and now its just gone from my tv all together.

one would think you can find the same highlight clips on their website but the official site is poorly organized. last year i think i went to catch up on a couple of days worth of stages but their video player would keep cycling videos to the current day...basically it acted like a giant spoiler so i left out of frustration.

and what happened to the commentary and overall day/stage summary videos?

some great video footage but not produced/organized/packaged well at all.

NaBUru38 updates last year conveniently provided me with more useful info then their site does. with it no longer in S.America i suspect NaBUru38 wont be updating at all.
Old 6 Jan 2020, 19:42 (Ref:3950078)   #136
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
thought i would give this a bump instead of starting a new thread...

general question but how many people still follow the Dakar?

i have always thought it was super cool but i cant say i was anything more than just a casual fan in the past but last couple of year i have found my interest nonexistent. i dont mind the location so i think my bigger problem is accessibility to content.

one of the specialty tv channels i get used to broadcast daily updates but then it went from that specialty motorsport channel to this outdoor living type channel and now its just gone from my tv all together.

one would think you can find the same highlight clips on their website but the official site is poorly organized. last year i think i went to catch up on a couple of days worth of stages but their video player would keep cycling videos to the current day...basically it acted like a giant spoiler so i left out of frustration.

and what happened to the commentary and overall day/stage summary videos?

some great video footage but not produced/organized/packaged well at all.

NaBUru38 updates last year conveniently provided me with more useful info then their site does. with it no longer in S.America i suspect NaBUru38 wont be updating at all.
Daily summary videos for the first two stages are here: https://www.dakar.com/en/home-gallery

There is also a Dakar 2020 official youtube channel, but just checking it I see that only has stage 1 showing.

Fortunately we still get the half hour TV broadcasts here in Aus the following morning our time (we are 8 or so hours ahead), on both cable and free to air, but not sure what overseas coverage is like.

FloSports is showing on the official broadcaster list as covering Canada. https://www.floracing.com/

https://www.dakar.com/en# Click on the menu on the home page (Menu is the 3 stripes at top left of home page) and there are several links to world broadcasting info and also other info)

Hope that helps.

I follow it but more because it is on tv here and there is no other motor racing on at this time of year other than reviews and replays.

Last edited by E.B; 6 Jan 2020 at 19:48.
Old 6 Jan 2020, 19:52 (Ref:3950083)   #137
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yes i should be using their youtube channel. better video player and works on my TV.

thanks for taking the time!
Old 7 Jan 2020, 11:06 (Ref:3950153)   #138
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks EB for the info. Here in the UK Eurosport have 30min daily programmes and there is also some daily updates on Red Bull TV
https://www.redbull.com/se-en/videos...kar-rally-2020
although the presenters are more than a little annoying.
I wish we had more coverage as I love the passion of the competitors particularly the bikers, formidable event.
Old 7 Jan 2020, 14:37 (Ref:3950197)   #139
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, it's nice to know where we can follow it. Eurosport always have it in them to do it and there's plenty other places you can follow it on. You have to be careful though, as some cover it better than others

I feel the coverage is fine as it is, we have enough of it for us to follow it
Old 7 Jan 2020, 16:02 (Ref:3950229)   #140
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Yes, it's nice to know where we can follow it. Eurosport always have it in them to do it and there's plenty other places you can follow it on. You have to be careful though, as some cover it better than others

It does seem to be one of those events that doesn't promote itself very well though - how many people other than hardcore fans know it's happening?
Old 7 Jan 2020, 16:10 (Ref:3950233)   #141
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Half an hour a day to cover the biggest marathon in the world is abysmal in my view.
Old 7 Jan 2020, 17:05 (Ref:3950248)   #142
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Half an hour a day to cover the biggest marathon in the world is abysmal in my view.
This was the same last year. I went to look this year and found the YouTube Channel is the same as my MotorTrend Roku; 18 episodes of 5 minute highlights...uggg.
Old 8 Jan 2020, 13:00 (Ref:3950388)   #143
Mogster
Rookie

Mogster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This was the same last year. I went to look this year and found the YouTube Channel is the same as my MotorTrend Roku; 18 episodes of 5 minute highlights...uggg.
What’s shown on the Dakar YouTube channel seems to be the daily action Eurosport gets. 5 mins cars, 3 mins bikes, 2 mins trucks. Eurosport pads the show out to 30 with guff.
Old 9 Jan 2020, 17:54 (Ref:3950660)   #144
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
So i went through the first 3 stages last night. I used to like the hour long shows for stages but I guess "ain't nobody go time for that!" They're not terrible but while the history of places is interesting, save that for the History channel.

Very cool seeing Alonso participating. And very funny to see him (SPOILER ALERT) actually working on a car b/c he broke a wheel on Stage 2? I think. I'm sure he's wrenched on something before, but I haven't seen it. And certainly not in the sand!

I guess I'll muscle through the coverage I got. Neat terrain. Neat vehicles. Very cool event!
Old 9 Jan 2020, 21:22 (Ref:3950713)   #145
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
We have a program on terrestrial TV here in Spain late at night that shows the daily events, however they show a few minutes of actual footage and talk in the studio for ages on what has happened to the Spanish drivers and riders no matter where they are placed. They talked for ages about Alonso loosing over 2hrs but failed to mention who was up the front and leading the different classes.
The same thing happened on the athletics from Doha last week when they dragged various old ex participants into the studio who came 15th years ago in whatever event was on at the time to talk how marvellous they were and take up over half the screen
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 Jan 2020, 10:48 (Ref:3951169)   #146
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
RIP Paulo Goncalves
Old 12 Jan 2020, 21:47 (Ref:3951259)   #147
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Indeed, although my lack of effort is more for the race visiting Saudi Arabia than leaving South America.
Old 12 Jan 2020, 21:49 (Ref:3951261)   #148
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Speaking of which, the Fox Sports 3 highlights is flooded with Saudi Arabia propaganda, I honestly can't stand it.
Old 12 Jan 2020, 22:53 (Ref:3951274)   #149
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
RIP Paulo Goncalves
Just saw this on social medias. Sad. First casualty since 2015 I believe.
Old 13 Jan 2020, 19:32 (Ref:3951393)   #150
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
very sad news indeed!