Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:09 (Ref:3844785)   #26
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Chopper just left.

I'm expecting neck or spinal injury. That crash looks a lot like Kenny Brack's 2003 Texas crash.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:10 (Ref:3844786)   #27
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm watching the imsa race and just saw the news. Hope he is ok.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:18 (Ref:3844788)   #28
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Time to restart? Few hours?
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:18 (Ref:3844790)   #29
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
I think we can relax a LITTLE bit for now.

Between the safety crew not seeming to have any sense of urgency while Wickens was in thew car, and the fact that helicopters are generally not used to ferry corpses to hospitals, it's safeto assume that Wickens injuries, serious as they clearly are, are not IMMEDIATELY life threatening.

(yes, I know nothing is guaranteed, I'm just trying to keep heart rates down)
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:23 (Ref:3844794)   #30
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Wickens was awake and alert when removed from the car and loaded onto helicopter..
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:24 (Ref:3844795)   #31
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Awake and alert, transferred to hospital. No further news.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:24 (Ref:3844796)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great news, they've just announced Wickens was awake and alert, when brought to the medical center.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:25 (Ref:3844797)   #33
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Good news on the driver,I was fearing the worst on that one.
Going to take a while to fix that fence several poles need replacing.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:26 (Ref:3844798)   #34
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's good news in these circumstances. Injuries can still be severe if not fatal.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:40 (Ref:3844805)   #35
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That looked nasty. Reminded me a bit of aleshin’s accident in the same car, his indycar career never recovered though he made a full recovery. I hope that Wickens makes a quick recovery and is fine for next year. And maybe isn’t so aggressive on an oval on the first lap.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:44 (Ref:3844808)   #36
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find that the main thing from all of these replays is how much the series still needs cockpit protection. Getting rid of the aero kits and putting a tether on the nose has helped, but not solved. The fencing is also an issue but probably a lot harder to do anything about.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:45 (Ref:3844809)   #37
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
I so want to provide some levity using a joke regarding Fittipaldi's injury/recovery, especially since it was just confirmed that he did not re-injure his leg, but I can't think of a way to make it sufficiently funny without violating forum rules. :P
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:51 (Ref:3844815)   #38
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
I so want to provide some levity using a joke regarding Fittipaldi's injury/recovery, especially since it was just confirmed that he did not re-injure his leg, but I can't think of a way to make it sufficiently funny without violating forum rules. :P
If it does violate forum rules I'll just delete it.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:56 (Ref:3844816)   #39
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
There's been a definite shift in the atmosphere at the track and on the broadcast for the better, what with the broadcast team commenting tongue-in-cheek about the dangers of scooters on the paddock.

Hinch was also just confirmed to be okay. He chose not to give an interview - he's going to visit Wickens at the hospital.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 20:16 (Ref:3844822)   #40
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
The drivers are back in their cars.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 20:20 (Ref:3844823)   #41
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
The drivers are back in their cars.
Except Bourdais.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 20:29 (Ref:3844825)   #42
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
Except Bourdais.
He's in, reluctantly.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 20:32 (Ref:3844826)   #43
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
That was a very sedate restart.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 20:44 (Ref:3844829)   #44
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rossi is so fast, if this goes green the rest of the way it’s hard to see anyway he can be beat.

Impressed to see Veach 4th
Old 19 Aug 2018, 20:45 (Ref:3844830)   #45
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I'm now officially late for work....
Old 19 Aug 2018, 20:55 (Ref:3844835)   #46
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
I'm now officially late for work....
All those llamas and sheep will be breathing a sigh of relief.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 21:34 (Ref:3844836)   #47
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks all, for the updates.

"...a collective sigh of relief" I'll go with that. Geez Louise!!
Old 19 Aug 2018, 22:51 (Ref:3844848)   #48
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Rossi, in what was a very commanding drive.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 22:52 (Ref:3844849)   #49
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Well, I hate to say it, but that race was overall pretty meh, and Wickens' accident certainly did not help. But I ended up switching between it and the CWL Finals. And I am NOT much of an E-Sports fan.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 23:15 (Ref:3844855)   #50
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
Well, I hate to say it, but that race was overall pretty meh, and Wickens' accident certainly did not help. But I ended up switching between it and the CWL Finals. And I am NOT much of an E-Sports fan.
With a number of the top drivers eliminated from the race because of the crash and the concerns surrounding Wickens, it always was going to be a somewhat subdued affair.