Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 6 Apr 2004, 21:43 (Ref:932819)   #1
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
88th Indianapolis 500 entry list as of 6th April

Thought I'd start a new thread for all Indy 500-related news and such

So far, we have thirty-five enteries. The most recent ones are Newman/Hass Racing and Accsess Motorsports. The full entry list is here. Still a few TBA's for a few cars, but there are so any drivers looking for rides right now that'll fill up fast. I wonder if anyone else will try to make an entry? I'm not sure there is really anyone out there who is in a position to, unless some of the smaller teams enter a second car.

Shaping up to be a great race - and we've not even had Motegi yet!
Old 6 Apr 2004, 23:13 (Ref:932896)   #2
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some one will get bumped! WOOHOO
*hungers for bump blood*
Old 7 Apr 2004, 06:29 (Ref:933036)   #3
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got to admit, I'd never had thought that there wouild be a bump day this year; in my predictions, it would have been a miracle to even get the full field.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 08:41 (Ref:933137)   #4
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I never doubted that there would be a full grid Although, I'll admit that I thought beyond 33 would be stretching it a bit.

Last edited by Down F0rce; 7 Apr 2004 at 08:41.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 08:51 (Ref:933144)   #5
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope John Andretti manages to grab one of the vacant seats.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 09:01 (Ref:933159)   #6
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ho-hum, just noticed something interesting over at the IndyStar website in Curt Calvin's Q&A column. He lists Arie Luyendyk Jr. as one of the drivers scheduled to take the Rookie Orientation at Indy on April 26, along with Ed Carpenter, Mark Taylor, Kosuke Matsuura and Marty Roth.

Could this indicate that Luyendyk Jr. has a deal in the works that could land him a ride in the Indy 500?

I know he's expressed interest in the past, but I never really expected anything surface. Perhaps I was wrong?
Old 7 Apr 2004, 09:58 (Ref:933196)   #7
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Arie jr certianly wants a ride for Indy. He has a personal sponsor too. Teams like PDM Racing and Hemelgarn sure could use a good driver with sponsorship.

Does it mention which team will be doing his rookie test with?

Last edited by Down F0rce; 7 Apr 2004 at 10:02.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 10:00 (Ref:933199)   #8
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally posted by Down F0rce
Arie jr certianly want a ride for Indy. He has a perosnal sponsor too. Teams like PDM Racinf and Hemelgarn sure could use a good driver with sponsorship.

Does it mention which team will be doing his rookie test with?
Unfortunately not - the column simply mentions he is one of the drivers set for Rookie Orientation.
Old 8 Apr 2004, 10:45 (Ref:934226)   #9
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Autosport.com reports today that Kenny Bräck will join the other participants during the open test at Indianapolis on April 27th.

Old 8 Apr 2004, 10:58 (Ref:934239)   #10
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought you meant he'd be watching , but apparently he'll actually be driving. Wow. I'm impressed - he only started walking again a couple of months ago, right?
Old 8 Apr 2004, 12:10 (Ref:934292)   #11
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Fantastic news! Hopefully he'll get up to speed and ready to race in time for the main event
Old 8 Apr 2004, 12:12 (Ref:934293)   #12
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
The offical entry list is now up

http://www.indy500.com/news/2004/entrylist.html
Old 8 Apr 2004, 12:18 (Ref:934297)   #13
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMO Hemelgarn will choose a Dallara chassis, whereas N-H will pick a GForce.
Old 8 Apr 2004, 20:19 (Ref:934730)   #14
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Down F0rce
I never doubted that there would be a full grid Although, I'll admit that I thought beyond 33 would be stretching it a bit.
It does make you wonder, why TG made those dumb, and ill-timed statements about "33 is just a number", doesn't it?

You would think that he knows alittle more than we do about his race, and what it will look like, but apparently he doesn't. I've got to wonder about him sometimes...

Oh well, a real bump day, and there are alot of quality teams and drivers competing too. And don't forget, 22 for Motegi! This series is really shaping up!

Danica Patrick
Old 9 Apr 2004, 06:40 (Ref:934988)   #15
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
Well a bit of growth in the route to Indy is normal, let's just hope that, after Indy, things will consolidate.
For example, it would be very good if:
- Rahal keeps 3 cars
- Patrick continues the season as promised
- Kelley keeps Sarah for the rest of the season
- Gordon made the same with his team, hiring a driver for the same period.
This would bring the pack to 26, an excellent number.
Old 9 Apr 2004, 10:28 (Ref:935108)   #16
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quite a few - if not all - of those scenarios depend completely on sponsorship being found though.

A good run by either team at Indy surely wouldn't hurt in the sponsorship hunt though
Old 9 Apr 2004, 17:48 (Ref:935378)   #17
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When a team enter a "car", does that mean just a chassis, or does it include all the other bits 'n bobbins required? Things like engines (most importantly ), spare cars, etc?
Old 9 Apr 2004, 18:01 (Ref:935385)   #18
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
it means one car plus and engine. The spare car - or "T Car" as its called - it considered a seperate entry.
Old 9 Apr 2004, 18:20 (Ref:935393)   #19
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by climb
Well a bit of growth in the route to Indy is normal, let's just hope that, after Indy, things will consolidate.
For example, it would be very good if:
- Rahal keeps 3 cars
- Patrick continues the season as promised
- Kelley keeps Sarah for the rest of the season
- Gordon made the same with his team, hiring a driver for the same period.
This would bring the pack to 26, an excellent number.
As recently as 2001, both series had 26 cars. What a shame the economy has intervened since.

Of those, I'd say the Patrick entry is the most likely to be lasting. Fingers crossed. In any case, the IRL has an excellent field in terms of quality.