Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Nov 2005, 18:39 (Ref:1456546)   #51
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrs
I am 100% sure.

Got to go now, got to catch a plane to turkey

Hmmmmmmm mgrs, who may you be?

If you are someone with inside info about teams (as i am sure many of us are), I would advise not divulging it until it is official...........................
Old 9 Nov 2005, 19:49 (Ref:1456601)   #52
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The rationale for a subscription to DSC is earlier information?

That may be in some cases, but I believe those who do subscribe will agree it has nothing to do with that, and everything to do with content.

At-race coverage of every session, every qualifying, every race in the LMES is in-depth, and unique, not "early."

Coverage of every FIA-GT event with on-site, original articles is unique, not "early."

Coverage of Brit GT, Belcar, FFSA, Spanish GT, Italian GT, and others is unique, not "early."

Fiona Miller's 5,000 word article today with Ollie Gavin's personal review of the ALMS season has nothing to do with "early" and everything to do with "depth."

Photography by Regis Lefebure, Garry Horrocks, David Lord and others has to do with quality, not "early."

Graham Goodwin's series on his trip up California Highway 1 in a Panoz Esperante has nothing to do with "early," and everything to do with good writing and interesting content.

Johnny Mowlem's personal views of each of the races with Saleen are unique, not "early."

Janos Wimpffen's personal coverage (on site) of GARRA's Mexico City has nothing to do with "early," and everything to do with in-depth coverage and unique perspective.

The Bear's musings on the sport as it is heard around ALMS paddocks has nothing to do with "early," and everything to do with humor, and the real stories behind the "press releases."

DSC provides articles written on-site that cover every practice session, qualifying and race of the ALMS. Anybody else do that? Nothing to do with "early."

Actually, entry lists are usually on DSC after they are on the various series' own site. That's no reason to subscribe.

Subscribe if you want, pass it up if you want. But it has nothing to do with "early."
Old 9 Nov 2005, 20:08 (Ref:1456615)   #53
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[mod hat off]The daily in dailysportscar isn't about timeliness. It's about feeding your daily habit. IMO.[mod hat on]
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 10 Nov 2005, 07:36 (Ref:1456973)   #54
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Shimoda-Chilton-Elgaard ..... that sounds like a good line up to me
Old 10 Nov 2005, 09:50 (Ref:1457056)   #55
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Which GP Masters driver will not race at Kyalami.........it's a Frenchman....it's a former F1 World Champion.....it's Alain Prost.
He couldn't get his nose in the car !!!
Old 10 Nov 2005, 10:06 (Ref:1457076)   #56
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddsc

Some of you seem to enjoy speculating for hours here based on not being able to read the whole story, because you won't spend 35 quid to find out. Your choice I suppose - how much do you value your time at though? MC
I and I suspect Mal was responding to this point! I accept that DSC is more than just a news agency.

Shimoda-Chilton-Elgaard does indeed sound like a good lineup, I expect they will walk it!!.

BTW, the GP masters is being shown on BBC2 on sunday with Mr Walker doing the buisness. in a strage way I am looking forward to it!
Old 10 Nov 2005, 11:10 (Ref:1457137)   #57
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
BTW, the GP masters is being shown on BBC2 on sunday with Mr Walker doing the buisness. in a strage way I am looking forward to it!
Qualifying and the race are also live on Motors TV with John Hindaugh commentating. The BBC have the highlights package.

As for the line up for Zytek at Instanbul this weekend, looks like another very strong line up to me. Would be a big shame for Shimoda to not win the LMES title this year.
Old 10 Nov 2005, 19:42 (Ref:1457484)   #58
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Murray Walker, Nigel Mansell & co, Kyalami, and a BBC highlights package... hey I've heard of that before! ahh gud old days...
Old 10 Nov 2005, 20:06 (Ref:1457511)   #59
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Qualifying and the race are also live on Motors TV with John Hindaugh commentating. The BBC have the highlights package.

As for the line up for Zytek at Instanbul this weekend, looks like another very strong line up to me. Would be a big shame for Shimoda to not win the LMES title this year.

Me - I really want Collard to win it.
Old 10 Nov 2005, 22:24 (Ref:1457663)   #60
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Zytek have confirmed the name of the third driver. Details can be found here.............
Old 11 Nov 2005, 09:58 (Ref:1457924)   #61
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendid Cat
Me - I really want Collard to win it.
For reasons I can't quite rationalise pretty much ever since Spa I've liked the Pescarolo and there's something that would please me about seeing it take the title.

Perhaps it's a desire to see the courage to build and campaign a hybrid rewarded, there's also the tremendous drama behind their Le Mans campaign that was very appealing. And if there's any truth to the story of them not doing any wind tunnel work, choosing instead to do their aero work doing striaght runs at Brétigny-sur-Orge then there's even more charisma to the tale.

I've also a bit of a soft spot for Jules Bouillon, who's F1 career never really panned out but deserves a bit of credit for the enthusiasm with which he hurled the Williams Renault around a demo run at Phoenix Park in 1995.

That said, I wouldn't like to see them take the title through Shimoda's incapacition. Far better to get out there and win it fair and square.