Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Aug 2009, 21:01 (Ref:2514943)   #1
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zytek question

What is the difference between a Zytek and a Ginetta Zytek.

In LMP2 GAC runs a Zytek 07S-Zytek, and Quifel ASM runs the Ginetta-Zytek 09s-Zytek. Both of the cars look the same to me.

Last year at Petit, Corsa ran the Zytek 07s-Zytek, while LNT ran the Ginetta-Zytek 07S Zytek.

They all seem to use tek Zytek engine and have the 2007 or 2009 version of the Zytek chassis.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 21:04 (Ref:2514946)   #2
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just marketing i'm sure.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 21:16 (Ref:2514955)   #3
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The name of the company changed so it depends on when the cars were made.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 21:22 (Ref:2514966)   #4
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype View Post
What is the difference between a Zytek and a Ginetta Zytek.

In LMP2 GAC runs a Zytek 07S-Zytek, and Quifel ASM runs the Ginetta-Zytek 09s-Zytek. Both of the cars look the same to me.

Last year at Petit, Corsa ran the Zytek 07s-Zytek, while LNT ran the Ginetta-Zytek 07S Zytek.

They all seem to use tek Zytek engine and have the 2007 or 2009 version of the Zytek chassis.

Here you go.

L.P.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 22:47 (Ref:2515036)   #5
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was also something on my mind but never got around to asking.

But Zytek and Ginetta had separate engines until this change? I mean, when there was no Ginetta Zytek cars, the Zytek engined Prototypes, had nothing to do with Ginetta?
Zytek has been around a while. Didn't they also supply an engine for a Formula 1 team?
Old 4 Aug 2009, 03:13 (Ref:2515132)   #6
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Was also something on my mind but never got around to asking.

But Zytek and Ginetta had separate engines until this change? I mean, when there was no Ginetta Zytek cars, the Zytek engined Prototypes, had nothing to do with Ginetta?
Zytek has been around a while. Didn't they also supply an engine for a Formula 1 team?
Right, the only thing that changed was the name. Lawrence Tomlinson bought a chunk of Zytek and stuck Ginetta's name on the car.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 12:51 (Ref:2515408)   #7
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Here you go.

L.P.
Thanks Horndawg.
The new Ginetta branding of the Ginetta-Zytek LMP car is symbolic of the recent announcement that Bill Gibson (Zytek founder) and Lawrence
Tomlinson (Ginetta’s Chairman) now have an equal controlling interest in Zytek Engineering.

“Several new and exciting projects have been kick started by the new relationship” said Tomlinson. “Both companies will complement and strengthen their presence in International Motorsport with Ginetta benefiting from the high-end technology filtering down into its road and race cars.

“Zytek Engineering is one of Britain’s best kept secrets with a hugely talented staff vastly experienced in varied automotive technologies. We believe this partnership will assist Zytek Engineering in becoming a much more visible force, demonstrating its abilities across a broader automotive range” Tomlinson continued.

“The end result of the new on-track race team and development programme between Ginetta and Zytek Engineering will assist road car innovation and manufacture”.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 12:53 (Ref:2515411)   #8
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
So the fact that the Ginetta Zytek's always seem faster is because they are newer.

I wish Strakka would come to Petit this year. I think that car has the most potential of all the petrol's on the tight twity tracks.