Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Nov 2005, 11:55 (Ref:1456245)   #26
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love 04s
Graham could you clear up what DailySportsCar where getting at when they said, You wouldn’t believe who is unavailable to race this weekend .

It seems to imply that one of Shimoda/Chilton will not be driving. However clearly Shimoda is doing all he can to get there, maybe Chilton is not going??

Or is it saying that the 3rd Zytek driver is the person who is unavailable to drive for anyone else, as he is in the Zytek. Maybe it's that he is so amazing that we would never believe who it is.............and so we must wait for the official announcement...................bit confused
It means that of the potentially available third drivers an unfeasibly large number of them are unavailable for one reason or another.

It DOES NOT MEAN that there are doubts that either Tom or Hayanari will be there.

Suffice to say we do know who may well be in the frame for the third seat but will wait for them to confirm they have the nod. The name we believe is in the frame is not mentioned anywhere in this thread.

And to clarify the earlier (already pretty clear) clarification - Andy Wallace IS NOT AVAILABLE.
Old 9 Nov 2005, 12:38 (Ref:1456282)   #27
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Not mentioned anywhere else then......................hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Lets see: Herbert, Johannson, Elgaard, Nielsen are all possibles, or perhaps an ALMS driver................................
Old 9 Nov 2005, 12:58 (Ref:1456298)   #28
mgrs
Rookie

Wales
mgrs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heres a name for you

Sam Hignett - Hes avaliable

That should stir this forum up a bit
Old 9 Nov 2005, 13:14 (Ref:1456310)   #29
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love 04s
Not mentioned anywhere else then......................hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Lets see: Herbert, Johannson, Elgaard, Nielsen are all possibles, or perhaps an ALMS driver................................
Stephan Johansson is not avaliable, hes in the GP Masters race this weekend in South Africa.
Old 9 Nov 2005, 13:16 (Ref:1456312)   #30
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You can forget Mr Herbert aswell, I think he is taking part in 2 Seater F1 race in South Africa this weekend.
Old 9 Nov 2005, 13:22 (Ref:1456316)   #31
GarrettMacD
Rookie

Ireland
Lovely (?) Leicester
GarrettMacD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19dodge
Stephan Johansson is not avaliable, hes in the GP Masters race this weekend in South Africa.

If you're gonna be pedantic about spelling...it's Stefan Johansson
Old 9 Nov 2005, 13:35 (Ref:1456324)   #32
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
There has been talk of an ALMS team racing a Zytek next year in ALMS, so this is an obvious oppurtunity to give the potential buyer or his driver a run in the car, whoever that may be.
Old 9 Nov 2005, 13:39 (Ref:1456328)   #33
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrs
Heres a name for you

Sam Hignett - Hes avaliable

That should stir this forum up a bit
I dont think that Hignett is as quick as you may think . He may be ok , but he is no rapid driver in my opinion .
Old 9 Nov 2005, 13:41 (Ref:1456332)   #34
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
There has been talk of an ALMS team racing a Zytek next year in ALMS, so this is an obvious oppurtunity to give the potential buyer or his driver a run in the car, whoever that may be.
Not when there is a championship at stake Mal .

What about Jan lammers ..... Nothing stopping him from driving another car ....

Are we getting close Mr.Goodwin ?
Old 9 Nov 2005, 13:47 (Ref:1456335)   #35
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jon or Clint Field?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 9 Nov 2005, 13:49 (Ref:1456337)   #36
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger

What about Jan lammers .....
He´s also in South Africa this weekend.
Old 9 Nov 2005, 14:11 (Ref:1456356)   #37
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:

That depends on how good the driver is
Old 9 Nov 2005, 14:13 (Ref:1456357)   #38
mgrs
Rookie

Wales
your all wrong wrong wrong

try - Casper Elgard

Dont ask, but you will find out i know everything
Old 9 Nov 2005, 14:13 (Ref:1456358)   #39
eddsc
Racer

eddsc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blimey you lot do tie yourself in knots..... how on earth did you misread the comment I wrote .. "You wouldn’t believe who is unavailable to race this weekend – so we’ll await the TBA with great interest…” ?

Some of you seem to enjoy speculating for hours here based on not being able to read the whole story, because you won't spend 35 quid to find out. Your choice I suppose - how much do you value your time at though? Although in fairness I suppose posting here is purely for pleasure, but you'd understand far better if you knew the whole story. It's not just about press releases you know.
Well done for working out that Johannsson, Herbert etc (plus Brabham and Wallace and Smith) are not available. No, I don't know who it is... I'm awaiting the news with great interest, but daren't pester Trevor Foster any more.
MC
Old 9 Nov 2005, 14:35 (Ref:1456367)   #40
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddsc
Blimey you lot do tie yourself in knots..... how on earth did you misread the comment I wrote .. "You wouldn’t believe who is unavailable to race this weekend – so we’ll await the TBA with great interest…” ?

Some of you seem to enjoy speculating for hours here based on not being able to read the whole story, because you won't spend 35 quid to find out. Your choice I suppose - how much do you value your time at though? Although in fairness I suppose posting here is purely for pleasure, but you'd understand far better if you knew the whole story. It's not just about press releases you know.
Old 9 Nov 2005, 16:11 (Ref:1456406)   #41
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Eddsc - Wanna know why I don't subscribe to DSC? Because I'm not *that* desperate to know the latest news right at the minute it becomes available - I'm not online enough to warrant that. I love to know whats going on in the world of sportscar racing - but when news with details is going to end up on here (or in general public knowledge) anyway, then I don't see the need to pay for it. I'm not an overly tight git - I just don't have the money to spend on something which isn't so urgent. My money is badly needed elsewhere.

I'm not putting DSC down, I'm sure it's a great website, and I certainly appreciate what it's done for simple fans like myself - I just can't afford to show my appreciation by handing over money for it.

I'm sure there are people who haven't been confused by the issue in this thread, they probably subscribed - that's entirely their choice and I'm not going to put them down for it. But some of us don't like to, and also simply can't, give things like bank information over the internet for the luxury of knowing information a little bit earlier, even if it is on a subject we love.

Therefore forgive us if, until something becomes better known amongst those who don't, and/or can't, pay for it (or "the unworthy" as you might call them), that we might get one or two facts muddled up. It's easily done, we're all human and we all make mistakes every now and then. Particularly on an international forum, where not everyone understands a language in the same way...
Old 9 Nov 2005, 16:28 (Ref:1456414)   #42
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Guy Smith is another good driver that has not had much seat time this year that has not been mentioned. He has good consistent pace and would not put a foot wrong.
Old 9 Nov 2005, 16:30 (Ref:1456416)   #43
mgrs
Rookie

Wales
Trust me its Casper Elgaard - end of discussion
Old 9 Nov 2005, 16:30 (Ref:1456418)   #44
mgrs
Rookie

Wales
and Guy smith is in the Chamberlin Synergy Car
Old 9 Nov 2005, 16:35 (Ref:1456420)   #45
eddsc
Racer

eddsc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought that post would produce a reaction!
All perfectly fair comment of course.
Old 9 Nov 2005, 16:40 (Ref:1456424)   #46
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks, I missed that about Smith in the Synergy car.
Old 9 Nov 2005, 16:44 (Ref:1456428)   #47
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrs
Trust me its Casper Elgaard - end of discussion
Certainly makes sense. Must admit I'd assumed way back after that win at Spa that John and Casper were doing the whole season. The deal (whatever it may have been) seemed to go wrong around the time the ACO declined Zytek a Le Mans entry. But Casper's certainly a quickie and probably just what the doctor ordered (excuse the pun!!).........
Old 9 Nov 2005, 16:53 (Ref:1456440)   #48
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
Eddsc - Wanna know why I don't subscribe to DSC? Because I'm not *that* desperate to know the latest news right at the minute it becomes available - I'm not online enough to warrant that. I love to know whats going on in the world of sportscar racing - but when news with details is going to end up on here (or in general public knowledge) anyway, then I don't see the need to pay for it. I'm not an overly tight git - I just don't have the money to spend on something which isn't so urgent. My money is badly needed elsewhere.

I'm not putting DSC down, I'm sure it's a great website, and I certainly appreciate what it's done for simple fans like myself - I just can't afford to show my appreciation by handing over money for it.

I'm sure there are people who haven't been confused by the issue in this thread, they probably subscribed - that's entirely their choice and I'm not going to put them down for it. But some of us don't like to, and also simply can't, give things like bank information over the internet for the luxury of knowing information a little bit earlier, even if it is on a subject we love.

Therefore forgive us if, until something becomes better known amongst those who don't, and/or can't, pay for it (or "the unworthy" as you might call them), that we might get one or two facts muddled up. It's easily done, we're all human and we all make mistakes every now and then. Particularly on an international forum, where not everyone understands a language in the same way...
Well said, I am sure the guys at DSC are great, I have known them on the web for quite a few years since before DSC was set up even, and there knowlege is 2nd to none.

But at the end of the day I can wait until the weekend to know who is driving what car, I can wait until the new year to discover what cars will race and which ones won't. I am pleased DSC exists as it promotes the sport we love, but it's not for me. (I do enjoy trying to guess car on cy's name the car contest on the DSC fourm, not got many right, but I try!)

Mind you even if you do suscribe to DSC you won't know who the 3rd driver is, but mgrs seems pretty sure and you saw it here first!
Old 9 Nov 2005, 16:59 (Ref:1456445)   #49
mgrs
Rookie

Wales
I am 100% sure.

Got to go now, got to catch a plane to turkey
Old 9 Nov 2005, 17:41 (Ref:1456483)   #50
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19dodge
Quote:

What about Jan lammers ..... Nothing stopping him from driving another car ....

Are we getting close Mr.Goodwin ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauer 962
He´s also in South Africa this weekend.
Which GP Masters driver will not race at Kyalami.........it's a Frenchman....it's a former F1 World Champion.....it's Alain Prost.