Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Jan 2017, 03:42 (Ref:3703471)   #701
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Current entry list

58 cars currently

11 cars current have all drivers TBA (although 5 in Gt4, maybe a small downsize to the field there which will still leave the biggest ever Gt4 field at the race)

Rx7 has gone from invitational class and a viper is now on the list
The Dodge replaces the Daytona?

Noticing Mr D'Alberto as no longer a part of Mr Samadi's team either...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 19 Jan 2017, 04:05 (Ref:3703472)   #702
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
where is peter hackett?

A lot of interest in the Am Class, 15 cars, potential to be some hot racing at the end in that class. and if they can "buy a ticket" to the last safety car there are some Gold level drivers who have a genuine chance in the run for the flag
Old 19 Jan 2017, 04:21 (Ref:3703477)   #703
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
A lot of interest in the Am Class, 15 cars, potential to be some hot racing at the end in that class. and if they can "buy a ticket" to the last safety car there are some Gold level drivers who have a genuine chance in the run for the flag
Will they be racing for sheepstations?
Old 19 Jan 2017, 04:22 (Ref:3703479)   #704
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Will they be racing for sheepstations?
third of the AM field already own sheepstations
Old 19 Jan 2017, 04:43 (Ref:3703484)   #705
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I don't care who it is up to, there is still no definitive entry list with driver listing.

And there are more than those you mention that may be MIA... an official entry list may confirm this..
Quote:
Current entry list

58 cars currently
Should we just ask Messrs Lomas, Bartholomaeus and Howard to provide a suggestion box or something?
Old 19 Jan 2017, 04:50 (Ref:3703486)   #706
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Current entry list

58 cars currently

11 cars current have all drivers TBA (although 5 in Gt4, maybe a small downsize to the field there which will still leave the biggest ever Gt4 field at the race)

Rx7 has gone from invitational class and a viper is now on the list
No Vicious Rumour Ferrari. Hopefully the Maranello thing does more laps than what has been reported from its two day test.

Only one Craft Bamboo Porsche.
Old 19 Jan 2017, 06:39 (Ref:3703496)   #707
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
No Vicious Rumour Ferrari. Hopefully the Maranello thing does more laps than what has been reported from its two day test.

Only one Craft Bamboo Porsche.
Yeah noticed the Craft Bamboo Porsche.

Disappointing from a spectator point of view.I wonder if FF is still lurking around and can shed any light?
Old 19 Jan 2017, 06:51 (Ref:3703498)   #708
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Yeah noticed the Craft Bamboo Porsche.

Disappointing from a spectator point of view.I wonder if FF is still lurking around and can shed any light?
sorry, why is it disappointing from a spectator point of view? We still have a Ferrari and a Craft Bamboo Porsche plus over 30 other Gt3 cars. Surely the spectator is in raptures
Old 19 Jan 2017, 07:18 (Ref:3703501)   #709
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Challenging Dubai 24H for Caitlan Wood

Any chance Caitlan getting a gig in the KTM X-BOW GT4. currently a car with all TBA, she has the experience and would be good to have an additional Female in the car
Old 19 Jan 2017, 08:42 (Ref:3703521)   #710
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A shame the entry has dropped from the initally announced numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem
And no Maccas signage.
I guess McDonalds hardly got their monies worth the past two years..... one supposes the third year of the originally announced three-year deal was optional?

Quote:
sorry, why is it disappointing from a spectator point of view? We still have a Ferrari and a Craft Bamboo Porsche plus over 30 other Gt3 cars. Surely the spectator is in raptures
If you bothered to read DRT's posts instead of being blinded by your general tone towards any of his posts, you would see what he (i'm assuming) meant by being disappointed that a car related to a member of this forum and one of the International entries has been withdrawn
Old 19 Jan 2017, 09:01 (Ref:3703525)   #711
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post

If you bothered to read DRT's posts instead of being blinded by your general tone towards any of his posts, you would see what he (i'm assuming) meant by being disappointed that a car related to a member of this forum and one of the International entries has been withdrawn
i re read it, not sure how you interpreted that. maybe its your tone

Not even sure that its a shame the entry has dropped, no one significant in the scheme of things, stilll heaps of cars. would only be dissapointing if your ultimate goal was to have a massive field, rather than an awesome field

surely the spectators are in raptures with the awesome field. but according to you and DRT they are not. any excuse to be negative

Last edited by peckstar; 19 Jan 2017 at 09:07.
Old 19 Jan 2017, 10:10 (Ref:3703537)   #712
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not even sure that its a shame the entry has dropped, no one significant in the scheme of things, stilll heaps of cars. would only be dissapointing if your ultimate goal was to have a massive field, rather than an awesome field
I'm just going off the fact that when Supercars Events announced 27 cars would compete in the 2016 Supercheap Auto 1000, we had 27 car show up for practice

We had announcements of 61 entries for the Supercars Events 12hr, and less cars are showing up now.

Maybe Supercars should look at an REC & penalty system for the 12hr to ensure that cars that originally lodge an entry turn up.

Quote:
surely the spectators are in raptures with the awesome field. but according to you and DRT they are not. any excuse to be negative
Yes, a poster like DRT finds any excuse to be negative about GT racing
Old 19 Jan 2017, 10:18 (Ref:3703540)   #713
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
I'm just going off the fact that when Supercars Events announced 27 cars would compete in the 2016 Supercheap Auto 1000, we had 27 car show up for practice

We had announcements of 61 entries for the Supercars Events 12hr, and less cars are showing up now.

Maybe Supercars should look at an REC & penalty system for the 12hr to ensure that cars that originally lodge an entry turn up.

Yes, a poster like DRT finds any excuse to be negative about GT racing
quit trolling and lets discuss the race. 14 days to go

Last edited by peckstar; 19 Jan 2017 at 10:25.
Old 19 Jan 2017, 12:25 (Ref:3703566)   #714
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Losing a 2nd craft bamboo entry (2015 podium place getter) and 1 of 2 Ferraris in the event - if that isn't disappointing for a spectator I think they need there eyes checked.

I'd enjoy and much prefer them to be there
Old 19 Jan 2017, 13:15 (Ref:3703574)   #715
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The 570s GT4 is gone!

Replaced with a second Tekno GT3 though so I'm ok with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 19 Jan 2017, 13:17 (Ref:3703575)   #716
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Also, the Walky Porky of Estre/Vanthoor/Bamber is looking pretty hot on that list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 20 Jan 2017, 04:53 (Ref:3703694)   #717
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Finger Licking Good Team Samadi...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 20 Jan 2017, 05:47 (Ref:3703698)   #718
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That livery looks great.
Old 20 Jan 2017, 07:56 (Ref:3703716)   #719
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
and 1 of 2 Ferraris in the event - if that isn't disappointing for a spectator I think they need there eyes checked.
Disappointing for the ears more than anything for those at the track, those Ferrari's have always sounded marvellous
Old 20 Jan 2017, 08:01 (Ref:3703719)   #720
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Disappointing for the ears more than anything for those at the track, those Ferrari's have always sounded marvellous
Pretty sure a significant part of that sound will be gone anyway as the 488 has gone turbo.
Old 20 Jan 2017, 08:17 (Ref:3703721)   #721
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Pretty sure a significant part of that sound will be gone anyway as the 488 has gone turbo.
I never thought the GT3 spec 458 sounded particularly great. Was only the GTE that made a lovely noise.

The Z4 will be a bigger aural loss trackside.
Old 21 Jan 2017, 01:32 (Ref:3703967)   #722
McLaren Oz
Rookie

McLaren Oz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reading about these passes for access to the top of the Mount. I'm happy enough to pay the $10 for the weekend, but can you pre-purchase these or do they have to be purchased at the event?

Great entry btw, looking forward to the weekend.
Is there a chance we may see Matt Simmons in a Wall Racing GTR?
Old 21 Jan 2017, 01:46 (Ref:3703972)   #723
D.R.T.
Veteran

Going on last year no, you have to que on the day to get the passes. Qualifying was a disaster with cars banked up while people had to get out of their cars and walk over to the ticket box to buy passes. It was mess up of huge proportions.

Hopefully lessons have been learnt but not holding my breath

I think $10 to access a different part of the same circuit on top off your existing ticket is a rort but this is a well discussed topic.
Old 21 Jan 2017, 01:46 (Ref:3703973)   #724
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Oz View Post
Reading about these passes for access to the top of the Mount. I'm happy enough to pay the $10 for the weekend, but can you pre-purchase these or do they have to be purchased at the event?

Great entry btw, looking forward to the weekend.
Is there a chance we may see Matt Simmons in a Wall Racing GTR?
my understanding is you can not pre-purchase them
Old 21 Jan 2017, 01:51 (Ref:3703974)   #725
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:

I think $10 to access a different part of the same circuit on top off your existing ticket is a rort but this is a well discussed topic.
You dont have to pay $10 to access the top of the mountain. Access to the top of the mountain is included with your normal entry.

However if you want to take a car up, then you need to pay to take your car up.

your argument is the same as you should be able to take your car into the pits because you have paid to enter, But that is also stopped.