Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 10 Mar 2015, 09:52 (Ref:3513607)   #26
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
pm sent
And replied to. It's yours.
Old 10 Mar 2015, 11:04 (Ref:3513629)   #27
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireLad View Post
Is anyone going for the nurburgring round? I can't decide wether to do that or the spa24 in July, but bearing in mind I will have the wife ,kids and be stopping a few days while touring france and Switzerland etc.
I'm not sure, I was going to see how my Le Mans trip goes as it's the first time abroad in over a decade before deciding. I would likely get the train there like I'm doing for Le Mans.
Old 10 Mar 2015, 11:15 (Ref:3513633)   #28
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
For me silverstone feels a bit detached, compared to Lemans and I guess spa, my first time ever at spa, but I think it will defiantly top silverstone. The only real appeal to me is that it's the first time I get to see the cars.

Is anyone going for the nurburgring round? I can't decide wether to do that or the spa24 in July, but bearing in mind I will have the wife ,kids and be stopping a few days while touring france and Switzerland etc.
Keen to do Nurburgring but conscious of some family related things that might get in the way and an awareness that with it being a bank holiday in late summer it might not be the cheapest round to go to.

That said, to have nothing to go after Le Mans, especially when you compare it to the relative splurge of Silverstone / Spa / Test Day / Le Mans does feel a little empty.
Old 10 Mar 2015, 12:32 (Ref:3513657)   #29
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My ideal year would be Silverstone / Spa / Lemans (all of which I'm doing. Then spa24 / nurburgring / nurburgring 24.
Old 10 Mar 2015, 14:37 (Ref:3513698)   #30
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I shall be there, need to sort passes out soon.
Old 10 Mar 2015, 14:48 (Ref:3513700)   #31
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those of you who don't like the new Silverstone, don't forget that there's still plenty of the old Silverstone there. The section from Luffield, through Woodcote, Copse, Maggotts, Becketts, Chapel and down the Hangar Straight to Stowe and the Vale is unchanged. Maggotts/Becketts remains for me one of the best places to watch.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 11:05 (Ref:3522173)   #32
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the wing's had some fairly spectacular wind damage over the past few days...
Old 31 Mar 2015, 11:13 (Ref:3522179)   #33
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm going Friday & Sunday. Unfortunately Derby vs Brentford gets in the way of the Saturday, which I'd be tempted to skip if it wasn't such a crucial match.

Do you need a separate ticket for the pitwalk this year?
Old 31 Mar 2015, 11:59 (Ref:3522200)   #34
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be there, hopefully for all 3 days

I _may_ have 1 spare pit pass for the pit walk (was in the first 2000).
Old 31 Mar 2015, 12:02 (Ref:3522203)   #35
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i will be there Friday to Sunday, yes the pit walk this year is ticket only with the only way to get them being the first 200 tickets sold, so all gone now unfortunately
Old 31 Mar 2015, 12:50 (Ref:3522225)   #36
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder if they will get the Wings roof fixed in time.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 13:01 (Ref:3522229)   #37
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Could another venue step in? Mallory Park doesn't have anything on that weekend.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 13:02 (Ref:3522230)   #38
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
I wonder if they will get the Wings roof fixed in time.

I doubt it, it's going to be windy for a few more days isn't it? Then they will have to assess the damage, strip it all then re clad, will take more than 2 weeks..

So an alternative is what? Run everything out of the old pits?
The damage seems to be on the top half nearest pit exit.. So could they fence that area off and use the bottom half? Who knows, health and safety etc etc.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 13:04 (Ref:3522232)   #39
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I doubt it, it's going to be windy for a few more days isn't it? Then they will have to assess the damage, strip it all then re clad, will take more than 2 weeks..

So an alternative is what? Run everything out of the old pits?
The damage seems to be on the top half nearest pit exit.. So could they fence that area off and use the bottom half? Who knows, health and safety etc etc.

Well ELMS are in the old pits until Saturday and I'm sure there will only be a hand full of empty garages at the wing.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 13:18 (Ref:3522238)   #40
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I'm going Friday & Sunday. Unfortunately Derby vs Brentford gets in the way of the Saturday, which I'd be tempted to skip if it wasn't such a crucial match.

Do you need a separate ticket for the pitwalk this year?
Yeah if you were in the first 2k to buy tickets you got grid walk.

After the carnage that was last years walk I'm pretty sure this is a good move from Silverstone.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 13:19 (Ref:3522239)   #41
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
oh hell just found out about the roof damage, missed the earlier post, when will we know, hotel booked already
Old 31 Mar 2015, 13:26 (Ref:3522241)   #42
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Could another venue step in? Mallory Park doesn't have anything on that weekend.
Lol I don't think MP even has FIA Grade...

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Well ELMS are in the old pits until Saturday and I'm sure there will only be a hand full of empty garages at the wing.
This from last year shows that they had plenty of sparse garages reserved for luxury (extra P1 slots for example) or doing nothing http://www.brsccmids.co.uk/Pit%20Gar...one%202014.pdf

They have 4 more cars this year than 2014, but that still leaves plenty of leftovers

2015 garage allocation hasn't been published yet, not to outsiders at least
Old 31 Mar 2015, 13:45 (Ref:3522249)   #43
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post

This from last year shows that they had plenty of sparse garages reserved for luxury (extra P1 slots for example) or doing nothing http://www.brsccmids.co.uk/Pit%20Gar...one%202014.pdf

They have 4 more cars this year than 2014, but that still leaves plenty of leftovers

2015 garage allocation hasn't been published yet, not to outsiders at least

Not enough empty space to not use the pit exit end IMO, unless teams end up having two cars in one garage.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 13:48 (Ref:3522250)   #44
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Follow up article
http://www.buckinghamtoday.co.uk/new...inds-1-6664440

Btw, too bad Donington Park already has April booked up full... not that I think the FIA would accept anything below F1 standard in this day and age but still...
Old 31 Mar 2015, 13:54 (Ref:3522255)   #45
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
I think Mallory is so small you'd probably have a constant ring of cars on the warm up lap if all 35 turned up...

So Cadwell Park it is then.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 13:59 (Ref:3522260)   #46
Deleted
Veteran

They could just use the old pits for WEC cars and force ELMS + F3 to "figure it out" in whatever sparse slots available, and you know, tents like in States.

While we are it, ditch the useless Arena configuration and run the old proper GP track that's still there isn't it. Fast, furious, and less tarmac runoff crap too!
Old 31 Mar 2015, 14:03 (Ref:3522263)   #47
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i hope not, that is miles from me, lets hope they can make the building safe
Old 31 Mar 2015, 14:09 (Ref:3522268)   #48
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I would have thought that they could make safe the remaining roof area and put some form of temporary cover over it whilst they sort out what to do.

Clearly there is some sort of design or installation issue as a modern roof should be designed and built to withstand high winds, so there will be a period or time while they sort out who is responsible before they can on and repair it.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 14:10 (Ref:3522269)   #49
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Quote:
They could just use the old pits for WEC cars and force ELMS + F3 to "figure it out" in whatever sparse slots available, and you know, tents like in States.

While we are it, ditch the useless Arena configuration and run the old proper GP track that's still there isn't it. Fast, furious, and less tarmac runoff crap too!

The FIA use the old pits... lol

I think they dug up part of the old layout.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 14:11 (Ref:3522270)   #50
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blyton's got plenty of room