Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 29 Jun 2002, 14:37 (Ref:324239)   #1
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BRSCC Mallory Park

Anyone going to mallory this weekend?
Can someone give me an idea whats on and if someone could PM John sadlers phone number I would appriciate it as I want to get get my name down (know its late but never mind better late than never).
Cheers see you all there
Old 30 Jun 2002, 22:51 (Ref:324781)   #2
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
I received this to the marshals email list from Alan Green - it was in my inbox when I got home

As some of you may know, there was another fatality at Mallory this afternoon.

An Alfa Romeo competing in the second race of the afternoon was involved in an incident towards the end of Stebbe Straight, and speared head-on into the tyre wall between posts 6+7. The driver (no name available, sorry) suffered massive injuries and, almost certainly, died instantly.

Rescue units, doctors, and marshals were in attendance within seconds but could do nothing to help. As Fire 1 driver I also was requested for cover, but not required, and now am on the list for "vehicles attending incident", so may hear more somewhere along the line. Addresses of all the marshals attending were taken as well should further action become necessary.

At the debrief afterwards, reports from the marshals at posts 6 & 8 say that the speed at which the car went into the tyre wall was one of the fastest incidents they'd ever seen.

Naturally, the meeting was severely delayed while ambulances, doctors, and new equipment returned from Leicester. The Star of Midlands FF1600 ran their 15-lap race at the end of the day, but most other competitors had lost interest, gone home, or had their races postponed.

The chief MO thanked those who attended the scene for their actions, as it wasn't a pretty incident to deal with, and the BRSCC chiefs gave out contact numbers for people wanting to speak to them over the coming days.

And I decided at 6.15 this morning to go to this meeting, instead of having a weekend off to get things ready for the GP.

Finally, of course, condolences to the family of the driver involved, and fellow competitors.

Alan
Old 1 Jul 2002, 08:21 (Ref:324936)   #3
Brushpusher
Racer

Brushpusher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

A sad and difficult time for family and friends of the driver our sympathies and support go out to them and also to the marshalls and circuit staff who had to deal with the incident.

Take care and God Bless.

Tony
Old 1 Jul 2002, 18:02 (Ref:325299)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
RIP

Old 1 Jul 2002, 20:55 (Ref:325396)   #5
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The driver involved was Kevin Griffiths from Sevenoaks. Speacial sympathy to his brother(who also races) and his family plus the other drivers who knew him well.