Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 May 2004, 07:38 (Ref:984759)   #1
XJR14/WSC95
Racer

XJR14/WSC95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jaguar Renault

I had a conversation the other day to a relative of one of the Jaguar mechanics from the test team and he informed me that they were testing with Renault motors in readiness for next year. As I know there is almost zero chance of Ford spending any more money on there cars as they are I carn't see them buying Renault's.
Old 27 May 2004, 07:49 (Ref:984769)   #2
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Jaguar Renault

Well, if your source is credible, we will have this stories in some F1 websites, soon.
Old 27 May 2004, 08:13 (Ref:984795)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I'm giving JV/Damon Hill/Mika/Mansell for the Williams drive more chance than this.
Old 27 May 2004, 08:38 (Ref:984812)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This seems pretty unlikely. The Jagaur engine doesn't seem to be a particualr weakness of teh car, and the Renault engine isn't a strengt of their car. Considering the potential cost involved, and the awful marketing implications for FoMoCo of basing their flagship racing entry on someone else's motor, I'd say your mate was winding you up.
Old 27 May 2004, 09:28 (Ref:984862)   #5
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, Mansell and Prost to drive for Williams next season. Seriously now, Ford want to advertise Ford. And they do a miserable job by the way. But even worsw than that wold be to replace THEIR own engines with one of the competitors'!
Old 27 May 2004, 09:42 (Ref:984876)   #6
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Erm, this won't happen. Jaguar is a manufacturer team, not a privateer who will buy engines from another manufacturer. Sorry, the source is wrong, there's zero chance of this happening.
Old 27 May 2004, 10:13 (Ref:984907)   #7
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Rumour has it they are selling off the cossies as engines for the F12005
Old 27 May 2004, 13:26 (Ref:985088)   #8
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Gotta slow them Ferrari's down some how
Old 28 May 2004, 03:21 (Ref:985686)   #9
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And there going to paint the cars nipple pink and call them Pricilla 1 and 2.
Renualt are owned by the Volvo group.FoMoCos rival.
Not going to happen unless FoMoCo has bought Renualt and not told anyone.

The Grumpy1
Old 28 May 2004, 04:07 (Ref:985705)   #10
GTV27
Veteran

GTV27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Huh???
Volvo doesn't own Renault
Ford owns Volvo.
Maybe Jaguar should use Volvo engines?
Old 28 May 2004, 05:19 (Ref:985745)   #11
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ford and Renault have different roots so i don't think they are going to help or get help from each other.

If any chance Renault engines are going to be rebranded in another team, Nissan's a more probable choice. Jaguar's using Cosworth engine because they are all under Ford's roof...Renault is an entirely different group.
Old 28 May 2004, 09:00 (Ref:985883)   #12
bosch!
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
GodZone
bosch! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd be surprized to see Jag on the grid at all next year, they are being beaten in the championship by Jordan for chrissakes. Not a good investment of $150m
Old 28 May 2004, 17:21 (Ref:986509)   #13
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this would have made more sense if it was the renault chassis the engine isn't the problem the problem is the aero and the chassis the engine has seemed to be very strong
Old 28 May 2004, 20:43 (Ref:986679)   #14
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At Monaco they sounded terrible.

No kiddin - you could tell with your eyes shut when they went past - they sounded flippin awful.
Old 28 May 2004, 20:46 (Ref:986680)   #15
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Renaults or the Jags?
Old 28 May 2004, 21:48 (Ref:986716)   #16
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I had a conversation the other day to a relative of one of the Jaguar mechanics from the test team and he informed me that they were testing with Renault motors in readiness for next year. As I know there is almost zero chance of Ford spending any more money on there cars as they are I carn't see them buying Renault's.
I think this may have been misread. Maybe it means that the Jaguar mechanics are testing with Renault - as in, for new jobs/roles as mechanics for Renault next year - as Jaguar aren't going to spend any more money on a team thats racked up one point, the odd good qually, and runs girly cars that lose their jewelry.
Old 29 May 2004, 15:51 (Ref:987330)   #17
johanv
Rookie

johanv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Renault trucks" is part of the "Volvo group", which is led by AB Volvo. AB Volvo is not a part of Volvo Cars, which FoMoCo owns.