Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 May 2004, 01:08 (Ref:969350)   #1
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Is Webber deliberately hurting Jags?

News sources confirming that Webber is a Jaguar driver for 2005 (as per his contract) EXCEPT in one condition:

Jaguar is #6 or below in the constructor's table by the mid season (british GP).

This means that Williams wait till the british GP and the position of Jags then decide whether Webber comes to Williams. If jag is at 6th or below Webber WILL join williams...

Question is what will Webber do now? Is he 100% these days??

My view is that he is taking things as they come and is on the limit. He is 100%. Just that Jags are slow as usual.

Last edited by freud; 13 May 2004 at 01:12.
Old 13 May 2004, 01:12 (Ref:969353)   #2
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Can we have a link to the 'news sources'?
Old 13 May 2004, 02:32 (Ref:969380)   #3
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well ask yourself this...is there any way the Jag is going to overtake Ferrari, Williams, BAR, Renault, or McLaren (even with their poor season thus far)? Not a chance in hell! They have a tough enough time keeping up with the Sauber's and Toyota's.
I think Webber is a stand-up guy and would get the results if he had the car to do it. I'm sure he'll be at Williams next year.

Last edited by TeddyG; 13 May 2004 at 02:34.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 13 May 2004, 02:55 (Ref:969392)   #4
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I have in my briefcase the names of 150 Communists who work the the State Department...

Sorry, just couldn't resist the urge to add more to the "unsubstantiated rumor" fire.

I can take or leave Webber, but no way could I accept that he would even consider sandbagging his way out of the contract. He is a competitor, that one, start to finish.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 13 May 2004, 03:08 (Ref:969397)   #5
freud
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
Can we have a link to the 'news sources'?
Well many of my friends in the paddock have conveyed this to me. If you need proof, just check out various websites (but please, only the authentic ones ). Here's one:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/3697967.stm

Quote:
Originally posted at BBC.COM
Australian Webber is under contract to Jaguar for next season, but has a clause in his deal that allows him to leave if the team are lower than sixth in the constructors' championship by this year's British Grand Prix.

Jaguar are seventh going into Sunday's Spanish Grand Prix, which Webber starts from ninth on the grid.

Sources have told BBC Sport that he is keen to move to Williams, who rate him highly.
Old 13 May 2004, 03:21 (Ref:969402)   #6
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I thought that 'lower than 6th' clause was for Jenson Button, not Mark Webber.
Old 13 May 2004, 04:13 (Ref:969428)   #7
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its amazes me that this is even suggested.
Just to clear up another error in your so called news artical.Webbers contract is with Falvio/Renault.Jag have Webber through a contract with Falvio not Webber himself.If Webber wanted he could sack Falvio and move on himself.As for him contracted until end of 05 yhats not the case.It is an option that can be invoked by Jag in August but both parties have to agree to it.Skam85 the 6th or lower clause is pretty much standard for a top line driver.
frued to assist you in taking your foot from your mouth please be aware of the following that you obviously don't know.The last two races Webber has suffered a clutch problem at the start.It is the same problem he had in Sepang.His grid possition was 2nd there.Is that sand bagging.No just Fords failure to put any money behind the team so they can get some people to fix this problem.
You would think that as a race team they would have gotten it right by now( 3 races later)

The Grumpy1
Old 13 May 2004, 08:01 (Ref:969527)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No.

For once (or is that as normal) things are just how they seem.

IMHO.
Old 13 May 2004, 10:44 (Ref:969661)   #9
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber always has been & always will be the ultimate racer & always wants the best result possible for both himself & his team. I think the suggestion that he wouldn't be giving 100% is ludicrous & i think the problem lies with the car that Jaguar are giving him.
Old 13 May 2004, 10:55 (Ref:969665)   #10
Dick Spanner
Racer

Dick Spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the level of telemetry these day's they would probably be able to tell if he was even thinking about sandbagging! I don't think he would, as has already been said, he doesn't need to.
Old 13 May 2004, 11:12 (Ref:969680)   #11
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
freud, I envy your imagination, my friend!

Jaguar are progressing nicely ta very much and I'm sure Mark is doing his best to get the best out of the car. After all, that's the traditional way of attracting an offer with a bigger team. D'you think Sir Frank (or anyone else) would consider offering a contract to someone if they thought they were capable of sabotaging their team's results?

By the way, I can't find 'BBC.COM' anywhere - did you mean http://news.bbc.co.uk ? Though I can't find your 'quote' there either...

Last edited by garcon; 13 May 2004 at 11:13.
Old 13 May 2004, 11:20 (Ref:969689)   #12
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah, ok, your quote's in the link you gave. That was easy.

But in context, there is no way the article is suggesting anything underhand from Webber, just a summary of his position.

Which is kinda what you said in your fiorst post...

Er, I'll get me coat...
Old 13 May 2004, 13:11 (Ref:969804)   #13
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
rubbish Mark is a sportsman & ethical first and for most . Mark F1 future is set . Underhanded tatic are not required
Old 13 May 2004, 14:14 (Ref:969895)   #14
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
mark is the real deal and does his best each race - jag aint upto marks work ethic - ford you are a disgrace......
Old 13 May 2004, 17:23 (Ref:970063)   #15
freud
Veteran

Again, Imho Webber is 100%..the guy's on limit all the time and as we have seen in Malaysia, no one protects his position as hard as he does.

Fact of the matter is that he cannot leave Jaguar unless the team is 6 or below in the constructor's standing by British GP. I dont know what's going inside Mark's mind but if I were him, I would be liking the grass more than the tarmac
Old 13 May 2004, 17:30 (Ref:970068)   #16
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like I said before there is no reason for Mark not to give his all. Even getting 100% out of the Jag there is still no way they will overtake Ferrari, Williams, Renault, BAR or McLaren and thus can't be anything but 6th or below! He has no reason to act shady.
In fact I'd be surprised if Jag even take 6th ahead of Sauber or Toyota. They will most likely end up 7th (their current position) I bet.

Last edited by TeddyG; 13 May 2004 at 17:33.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 13 May 2004, 20:20 (Ref:970235)   #17
grumpy1
Veteran

As an after tought.Anyone who flips a car a 300+klms/hr and walks away has to have some balls.To do it again the next day in the spare car suggests Mr Webber is in no way sandbagging.This suggests that the guy gets the red mist up every time he gets behind the wheel.After speeking to him at the AGP I came to the conclusion that when behind the wheel he has 2 speeds Flat out and stop.

The Grumpy1

Last edited by grumpy1; 13 May 2004 at 20:20.
Old 13 May 2004, 20:45 (Ref:970255)   #18
freud
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1
Anyone who flips a car a 300+klms/hr and walks away has to have some balls.
I dont think any f1 driver deliberately flips cars .. flips are accidents not circus stunts
Old 13 May 2004, 20:59 (Ref:970269)   #19
grumpy1
Veteran

Shows how much you know about Mr Webbers race history.
It was at the rise on the Mulsan Straight at Lemans.
Even though Mercedes with drew the cars his times where good enough for a top 3 start at the time.

The Grumpy1

Last edited by grumpy1; 13 May 2004 at 21:00.
Old 13 May 2004, 21:48 (Ref:970305)   #20
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Anyone who flips a car a 300+klms/hr and walks away has to have some balls.
No, he has to have some luck!

And it's Mulsanne...
Old 13 May 2004, 23:37 (Ref:970413)   #21
Panzer
Racer

Panzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber not give 100%.......RUBBISH.
Old 13 May 2004, 23:55 (Ref:970422)   #22
grumpy1
Veteran

Jordi the referance to him haveing balls is the fact the next day he got into the same type of car and went faster until it happened again
Thanks also for the spelling correction I'm having one of thoose days.

The Grumpy1

Last edited by grumpy1; 14 May 2004 at 00:00.
Old 13 May 2004, 23:58 (Ref:970423)   #23
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber's first flip was on the way down to Indianapols and the second was on the Mulsanne hump - it wasn't a spare car, Merc repaired(!?) it after the first flip. He had qualified 8th I think - the Merc never had the pace of the others on the Wednesday and Webber missed the chance on Thursday night when Schneider did a screamer for fourth.
Old 14 May 2004, 01:05 (Ref:970442)   #24
LindaC
Rookie

LindaC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

If Webber wanted he could sack Flavio and move on himself.

The Grumpy1
Er....he could, if he didn't want to drive in Formula 1 ever again. Those contracts are water tight. Trulli's been locked into one for 9 years and only at the end of this year can he make his own choices about what happens next.
Old 14 May 2004, 05:43 (Ref:970531)   #25
stoned pony
Veteran

Vanuatu
Chained to my desk
stoned pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grumpy, old mate, I have to tell you that the To and Froms just don't get it.....
Yep, young Mark's got balls all right. Huge mongrels, I'd imagine.