Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Jul 2005, 13:00 (Ref:1354620)   #1
Erki
Racer

Estonia
Tartu, Estonia
Erki has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Drivers driving for several different teams

It looked a bit weird for me that the same guy can drive a Toyota in one series and Corvette in other (Talking about Max Papis, don't know exactly that he's driving Toyota). Isn't there a little conflict between two teams?
Old 13 Jul 2005, 13:29 (Ref:1354639)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I cant see why it would be a problem really, people like Tomas Enge and Pedro Lamy race for 2 differnt sportscar teams at the moment and still manage. Lamy drives for Aston Martin and Labre Competition, and Enge drives for Aston Martin and MenX in the LMES, not to mention his IRL campaign..
Old 13 Jul 2005, 14:25 (Ref:1354675)   #3
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You should see a Britcar race, it is not unusual to have the same driver driving two different cars in the same race.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 20:21 (Ref:1354943)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Humpage
You should see a Britcar race, it is not unusual to have the same driver driving two different cars in the same race.
Nigel Greensall does that a lot, I have seen him race in the Britsport race and then go out in Britcar in Porsche and then in the Mini.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 00:59 (Ref:1355115)   #5
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
Nigel Greensall does that a lot, I have seen him race in the Britsport race and then go out in Britcar in Porsche and then in the Mini.
Greensall is a nutter. At Snetterton he won the race overall in the Porsche, and the class in the Mini... This was after he'd been racing somewhere else the day before, and basically driven from France back to England for the Britcar race.

I think he's doing a similar thing again soon, the man is mad! I thought I was keen at what I do motorsport wise, but that's dedication!
Old 13 Jul 2005, 15:46 (Ref:1354732)   #6
vs346
Racer

Greenland
vs346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It must be the nature of their contracts.
I know Ortelli had be signed on to do LM with Aston Martin but when Oreca approached him for the R8 drive, he was able to amicably back out of the AM drive. He was replace by Sarrazin who had also replaced Enge at Sebring when he was at an IRL race the same weekend.
There are so many different series and races that for a sought after driver, especially if he loves the sport, it must be hard to stick with one team unless they are paying you well and you sign an exclusivity deal.
Most of them love variety in the sport. Fellows and Said come to mind, racing a Corvette and BMW respectively and then crossing over to Nascar.
Auberlen is also a good example of a man of many talents. For a while, he raced everything BMW had. In Speed Challenge and GrandAm Cup etc.

A lot of these guys like to make a living at what they do, but they aren't after the big bucks, for sure.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 17:47 (Ref:1354837)   #7
Erki
Racer

Estonia
Tartu, Estonia
Erki has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yeah, yeah. I understand it all very well. Maybe I'm just so used to Formula 1's politics-soaked bureaucracyal nature and I'm not used to see a team let his driver to race for another (possibly rival) team. In F1 (and WRC too, maybe it's common mistake for FIA-ran series, but FIA GT is also FIA ran series so I don't know... ) teams usually hold on with one driver and want to get paid if other team wants its driver. Also drivers usuually stick with one team for a long time.

I've always thought that maybe teams could be "scared" that driver talks out some strategic info and give advatage for that other team.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 21:11 (Ref:1354981)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erki
Yeah, yeah. I understand it all very well. Maybe I'm just so used to Formula 1's politics-soaked bureaucracyal nature....
Rather refreshing, isn't it?
Old 13 Jul 2005, 20:10 (Ref:1354934)   #9
vs346
Racer

Greenland
vs346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good point Erki, i'm not quite sure what makes the sportscar world so lenient.

But Bourdais also ran Sebring with Larbre Competition before starting his season with Newman Haas in ChampCar. And in past years he has run at LM with Pescarolo in the middle of the CC season. So even ChampCar and IRL (Enge) let their drivers "play"

And Citroen with Loeb this year. So the only series that absolutely forbids this is F!, which isn't surprising.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 23:46 (Ref:1355093)   #10
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vs346
So the only series that absolutely forbids this is F!, which isn't surprising.
Supposedly Andretti-Green Racing approached Rubens Barrichello to do last year's Indy 500 after Franchitti was ruled out, but Ferrari were having none of it. Spoilsports.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 20:19 (Ref:1354941)   #11
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erki
It looked a bit weird for me that the same guy can drive a Toyota in one series and Corvette in other (Talking about Max Papis, don't know exactly that he's driving Toyota). Isn't there a little conflict between two teams?
No because they are in different championships.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 23:24 (Ref:1355078)   #12
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Taking AM as a example. Kox and Lamy have their contracts with AM, those are their most important contracts. AM allows them to run any race they want if it doesn't interfere with the AM-schedule, wich gives Kox the oppertunity to run with Reiter and Lamy with Larbre. The AM gets priority though. I've heard from a friend of mine who's close to Kox that AM was thinking about forbidding Lamy to race in Magny-Cours for example, because a win there would mean ballast for the Aston in Silverstone.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 23:55 (Ref:1355096)   #13
brihev
Rookie

United States
Tampa FL
brihev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
driving for makes

Tony Stewart made a garage appearance at 2004 Indy 500, possibly to drive Foyt's Toyota, but his contract with Chevy ruled it out.