Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 Aug 2021, 14:45 (Ref:4068086)   #1
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Meat Le Mans at home - What are you Cooking/Drinking?

I don't really watch any traditional sports, so things like the superbowl, world series, finals of any sport come and go with no fanfare for me. I do watch tons of racing, and for fun I try to make the endurance events more special by loosely cooking the cuisine of that region.

I'm no chef and as a pretty cheap American, we're talking things like pizza for monza lol. That kind of thing. I did try to make my own spaetzle for Nurburgring.

With more people following the race from home this year, what is everyone else cooking or drinking?

So far I'm thinking scrambled eggs with chives on sliced baguette for breakfast.

Brunch will be Trader Joe's chocolate croissants (think pain au chocolat). Someone brought them over a number of years ago and have been a Le Mans staple for me.

Savory crepes for lunch. The ACO thought it brilliant to schedule Le Mans on my wedding anniversary this year, so this will likely be a lunch outing with wife.

For dinner I was thinking something like pecan crusted trout and grilled french beans. Then steak was on sale so it looks like I'm going that route now. Steak and beans felt a little light, so I think I'll also try making tartiflette. It probably isn't the most french dinner, but it should still be good!

Last year I picked up some Kronenbourg 1664, which wasn't bad. Probably repeating that this year.

What's everyone else's plans?
Old 20 Aug 2021, 16:47 (Ref:4068102)   #2
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I don't really watch any traditional sports, so things like the superbowl, world series, finals of any sport come and go with no fanfare for me. I do watch tons of racing, and for fun I try to make the endurance events more special by loosely cooking the

Nothing related to France.

I usually do a crockpot of chili. This year I am doing a crockpot of beef/noodles.

Will have pretzels and some Full Throttle energy drinks on hand.

Probably start with a good breakfast of fried potatoes,onions,peppers, & sausage with a couple of overeasy eggs while listening to RLM.
Old 20 Aug 2021, 16:58 (Ref:4068104)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Chilli last night for hyperpole and FP4.

Pizza tonight - for nothing much at all...

As to the race, no idea!
Old 20 Aug 2021, 18:38 (Ref:4068118)   #4
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Brunch will be Trader Joe's chocolate croissants (think pain au chocolat). Someone brought them over a number of years ago and have been a Le Mans staple for me.

What, you don't have your own in house pastry chef?? Weird I thought everyone did.

But I'll be selling pastry all morning both Sat and Sun so maybe some Lebanese breakfast since the crepe guy at Sunday's market is every other week. Lebanese cheese or spinach/greens filled little pastry pockets are very nice.

I used to actually make a fruit, cured meats, veg and pickled veg tray before LM but I'm usually out and away from the house now so it's RLM in the ear when possible and eat what I find.
Old 20 Aug 2021, 19:32 (Ref:4068127)   #5
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The merguez-frites-bière tryptich.

It happened twice so far...
Old 20 Aug 2021, 19:58 (Ref:4068132)   #6
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice, sounds great
Old 20 Aug 2021, 22:58 (Ref:4068151)   #7
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I've never attended Le Mans on site, though I've watched what I can that gets shown on NA TV since 2006. This year, it might be fried chicken, pot pies and lots of tea and coffee (latter has been a staple every year).
Old 21 Aug 2021, 00:24 (Ref:4068161)   #8
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We had some really thick steaks tonight and there's some meat left over so I'm going steak and eggs around start time tomorrow.

We just moved to a new to us but very old and outdated home so after brunch and the start, I'll be listening and patching drywall and probably a bunch of other things.

And throw the Covid schedule into the mix, the local Bike Criterium held traditionally at the end of April every year is being held this weekend. So 2021 will have the Twilight Criterium and the 24 Hours of Le Mans run on the same weekend for the only time in the history of the world, I hope. Therefore I'm not planning on cooking much more but stay tuned. I might be in a beer garden watching guys and gals in tights riding bikes in a circle tomorrow
Old 21 Aug 2021, 00:41 (Ref:4068164)   #9
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
We had some really thick steaks tonight and there's some meat left over so I'm going steak and eggs around start time tomorrow.

We just moved to a new to us but very old and outdated home so after brunch and the start, I'll be listening and patching drywall and probably a bunch of other things.

And throw the Covid schedule into the mix, the local Bike Criterium held traditionally at the end of April every year is being held this weekend. So 2021 will have the Twilight Criterium and the 24 Hours of Le Mans run on the same weekend for the only time in the history of the world, I hope. Therefore I'm not planning on cooking much more but stay tuned. I might be in a beer garden watching guys and gals in tights riding bikes in a circle tomorrow
I was planning on thick steaks for tomorrow, but when I was at the store tonight there was nobody behind the butcher counter. I checked back a couple times before giving up. So now I pretty much have no food. I'm going to have to make a run at some point in the afternoon. I have 18 different bourbons plus some rum, vodka, tequila, and beer. I won't be lacking any options for beverages....
Old 21 Aug 2021, 01:38 (Ref:4068171)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have failed at getting any special food in.

I’ll have bacon and egg sandwich on home made bread at some point, which have done in the camp site. Not sure what else.

Drink I’m sorted too. I plan on being very un Le Mans and never drinking the same beer twice. I’m also going to sneak a gin and tonic in without security noticing. Which the last time I was at Le Mans was a challenge. A single malt will help too.
Old 21 Aug 2021, 12:23 (Ref:4068263)   #11
Jager
Rookie

Australia
Perth, Australia
Jager should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJager should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Being in Australia, the race start coincides with dinner time here, so for several years its been a tradition to cook up a large 'Tariflette' (baked Potatoes, Onion, Bacon, Cheese & Cream) that will be washed down with a Pinot Noir from the Loire Valley.

Croissants and fresh orange juice fro breakfast tomorrow, a quiche lorraine for lunch, then the leftover Tartiflette for dinner as the race race comes to an end.

My wife thinks I'm mad .
Old 21 Aug 2021, 12:41 (Ref:4068267)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wives always do……
Old 21 Aug 2021, 12:48 (Ref:4068271)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quiche? What is wrong with you? As a wise man from Leeds once told me, Girl’s pie.
Old 21 Aug 2021, 12:52 (Ref:4068273)   #14
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Quiche? What is wrong with you? As a wise man from Leeds once told me, Girl’s pie.
You know stateside "girls pie" has a completely different meaning!
Old 21 Aug 2021, 16:00 (Ref:4068513)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
You know stateside "girls pie" has a completely different meaning!

And what with Hindy talking about no DRS at Le Mans, or no pass flaps as he put it.
Old 21 Aug 2021, 16:29 (Ref:4068543)   #16
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm a big fan of girl pie.

Starting my steak and eggs just now. My oldest is watching so he can eat steak and eggs.
Old 21 Aug 2021, 16:41 (Ref:4068553)   #17
otisdog
Rookie

United States
Camano island, Washington
otisdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grand Marnier crepes
Old 21 Aug 2021, 16:49 (Ref:4068565)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by otisdog View Post
Grand Marnier crepes
Now there’s a man with style…..
Old 21 Aug 2021, 17:33 (Ref:4068621)   #19
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I'm a big fan of girl pie.

Starting my steak and eggs just now. My oldest is watching so he can eat steak and eggs.
Update! They were delightful!

Quote:

Yeah, not much work or cycling viewing to be happening anymore. Best laid plans trumped by racecars, again.
Old 21 Aug 2021, 17:33 (Ref:4068622)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
French bread and cheese has arrived.
Old 21 Aug 2021, 17:51 (Ref:4068641)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Just had my Le Mans dinner, sea bass, new potatoes, carrots and beans from our garden. Yummy.
Old 21 Aug 2021, 17:53 (Ref:4068642)   #22
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I had a bagel sandwich from shop down the road, smoked turkey, avocado, some mayo or sauce, sprouts and onions and tomotoes.

Think it will be smashed burgers for dinner.
Old 21 Aug 2021, 18:14 (Ref:4068664)   #23
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Chilli for us washed down with a glass or two of Chateauneuf du pape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21 Aug 2021, 18:42 (Ref:4068687)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Glad we're all fuelled up.

I had bonus Pate too.
Old 21 Aug 2021, 18:43 (Ref:4068688)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I’ve had to break out the Tunnocks…..