Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Oct 2021, 03:22 (Ref:4080513)   #1
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bunnings Trade Sydney SuperNight 2021 Supercars Race 20, 21 and 22

The first of four back to back race meetings at Sydney Motorsport Park.

Fortunately Sydney Motorsport Park is blessed with several different circuit layouts to keep up the interest among drivers, spectators and TV viewers across the four weekends.

Unfortunately drivers, spectators and TV viewers won't be so blessed.

However it is great to have Supercars back.

Who will win?
Old 29 Oct 2021, 15:42 (Ref:4080580)   #2
numbnuts
Rookie

numbnuts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have seen some ads on 7 about supercars but they never said the date or if it will be on free to air tv . I presumed they tease us with ads but its on fox . Just saw an ad which actually said when and where the event is and lo and behold it is on free to air tv .
Hope the corporates aren't missing out on a new porsche or beach house on our behalf .
Btcc runs fine with 3 people in charge . When do we remove these corporate bloodsuckers ?
Old 30 Oct 2021, 08:20 (Ref:4080666)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wasn’t one of the selling points supposed to be the crowd?
The teev isnt showing too many punters around..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 30 Oct 2021, 10:25 (Ref:4080678)   #4
Jack65
Racer

Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eastern Creek has always had poor attendance figures.
Old 30 Oct 2021, 13:42 (Ref:4080690)   #5
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
thought that myself watching the shootout !
Old 30 Oct 2021, 22:07 (Ref:4080734)   #6
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was billed as a SuperNight but it didn’t get really dark until halfway through the race and it was over in no time….

Maybe they should have run all the races on Saturday to ensure the whole crowd is there for the night race instead of having the main day of racing on the Sunday ?
Old 31 Oct 2021, 00:31 (Ref:4080753)   #7
gravin
Rookie

gravin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oran Park day-night meetings....

A full day and night of fun.
Old 31 Oct 2021, 00:50 (Ref:4080755)   #8
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravin View Post
Oran Park day-night meetings....

A full day and night of fun.
Getting out of the place afterwards was definitely not fun and it shows exactly how far domestic motor racing live audience participation has fallen. I don't know if the lack of live spectators is a problem, they all sit at home in comfort and watch it on the TV which we had but it was pretty damn poor.
Old 31 Oct 2021, 01:23 (Ref:4080759)   #9
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
I'm certain the audio guy in the truck ramps up the volume when the cars are revving up on the grid for the start of the race.
Old 31 Oct 2021, 10:30 (Ref:4080789)   #10
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
I'm certain the audio guy in the truck ramps up the volume when the cars are revving up on the grid for the start of the race.
I cant resist, what made you take the considerable trouble to write that totally inane comment.
Old 31 Oct 2021, 20:45 (Ref:4080845)   #11
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Erebus boys certainly impressed, hopefully Will “WD-40” Brown and Master Kosteki can keep that form up for the rest of the year!

Anton has certainly come out firing on cylinders.
Old 31 Oct 2021, 21:01 (Ref:4080848)   #12
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The selling point was that they could complete their tv contractural obligations without having to worry about border restrictions.Collect $30million and pass go.
I was out there for the 3 days.Did a quick head count in the grandstand just before the 1st Sunday race.Around 60 people in the whole grandstand.
The next 2 weekends will be less I would guess.
Old 1 Nov 2021, 03:05 (Ref:4080874)   #13
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Team Erebus boys certainly impressed, hopefully Will “WD-40” Brown and Master Kosteki can keep that form up for the rest of the year!
Boy haven't they - I have to give it up, I was wrong, 2 rookies and both are very fast. Both were impetuous and overdrove, but boy they were fast and it didn't look like the pressure of a one lap run with changeable conditions got to them. I really do think Brodie is the real deal, and has led the direction of set up, and considering the relative resources and experience, Erebus is in fine form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Anton has certainly come out firing on cylinders.
Didn't he what - smashed the whole field including Will by half a second both days.

Funny I don't hear any bleating about parity - despite this being an exact role reversal of Shane smashing people earlier in the year.

DJRTP have REALLY got it right, and Anton is flying. Both Anton and Will had potential to put a much better result in the books. You only have to see Cam Waters troubles to know how close this competition is now, with ~1 sec covering 2nd-18th at one point. Anton's performance was a cut above, but the rest are all so close together - it is just down to the individual team & driver. The way it should be.

I thought it was a great weekend's racing, the first corner racing was WILD but everyone got through OK - definitely a few close shaves though.

I'm loving the young blood up the front - these guys are all very likeable and talented. Jamie I think has chosen his time to retire perfectly.
Old 1 Nov 2021, 07:45 (Ref:4080881)   #14
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
The selling point was that they could complete their tv contractural obligations without having to worry about border restrictions.Collect $30million and pass go.
I was out there for the 3 days.Did a quick head count in the grandstand just before the 1st Sunday race.Around 60 people in the whole grandstand.
The next 2 weekends will be less I would guess.
Agree with the first part, absolutely.
Would be a nice option on this forum to Thank a post, when it contains good info.

@ Mixer
Really enjoying the 2 Erebus drivers form also. Can only see things improving - well done to them.
Right time for Whincup, almost feels like he is already wearing more than one hat (helmet) at the team....maybe due to Covid impact.

I am interested to see the progression of teams when rolling out week after week at the same track.
Old 1 Nov 2021, 08:23 (Ref:4080882)   #15
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Would be a nice option on this forum to Thank a post, when it contains good info.
https://tentenths.com/forum/faq.php?..._new_rep_vote1

You can use the 'Add to Reputation' option, which also allows you to provide a comment to the poster.
Old 1 Nov 2021, 22:54 (Ref:4081011)   #16
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
https://tentenths.com/forum/faq.php?..._new_rep_vote1

You can use the 'Add to Reputation' option, which also allows you to provide a comment to the poster.
Hey, nice.... never knew, thank you.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 00:43 (Ref:4081022)   #17
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Someone sprung with a dodgy vaccine exemption?

Reynolds or Winterbottom?

Shouldn't have been allowed to race with it in the first place. Bloody obvious what is going on.

With any luck it is thrown out and the naturopath or whatever retard write it up should be prosecuted.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 2 Nov 2021, 00:53 (Ref:4081026)   #18
Jack65
Racer

Guess we are lucky that Brock is no longer with us. Dr Eric would probably have come up with some magic crystals and be busy peddling that they were superior to the recognised vaccines.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 00:58 (Ref:4081028)   #19
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Someone sprung with a dodgy vaccine exemption?

Reynolds or Winterbottom?

Shouldn't have been allowed to race with it in the first place. Bloody obvious what is going on.

With any luck it is thrown out and the naturopath or whatever retard write it up should be prosecuted.

Frosty.

It's a dumb move, no matter which angle you observe it from. He could have just sat out the rest of the season until the jab mandate was lifted...
Old 2 Nov 2021, 01:25 (Ref:4081033)   #20
Jack65
Racer

NSW government have indicated that restrictions for the unvaccinated may not be listed until the state hits 95% double jabbed, rather than the previously announced 1 December date, so if said driver is rubbed out next weekend, will be for the rest of the year. And Victoria have stated vaccination (or 2 weeks quarantine for unvaccinated) will be mandatory into 2022. So the problem isn't just going to go away anytime soon.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 01:26 (Ref:4081034)   #21
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
It's a dumb move, no matter which angle you observe it from. He could have just sat out the rest of the season until the jab mandate was lifted...
I wonder if we will move to European style with RATs used every 2 days but then these same ****ing spanners claim the RATs cause cancer.

I'm glad Supercars have at least had the balls to mandate it, the AFL and NRL are pussyfooting too much. They should just bring in the mandate and let the idiots go if need be.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 01:27 (Ref:4081035)   #22
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whoever it is has just kissed goodbye to their career if they continue to flaunt their ignorance and selfishness and refuse to be vaccinated.
Besides the fact that they will not be allowed to race for the rest of the season under the new Victorian laws they will never be allowed to race in Victoria again.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 01:31 (Ref:4081036)   #23
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I wonder if we will move to European style with RATs used every 2 days but then these same ****ing spanners claim the RATs cause cancer.

I'm glad Supercars have at least had the balls to mandate it, the AFL and NRL are pussyfooting too much. They should just bring in the mandate and let the idiots go if need be.
It wasn’t Supercars who mandated it.It was the ARDC.Until today an unvaccinated competitor could have competed at Bathurst.That loophole has been closed off for unvaccinated competitors,officials and spectators today.Thank goodness.
I am pretty sure the AFL has mandated it.The NRL is just being weak and endangering the health of all players to cater for the anti vax nutters in the playing ranks.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 01:35 (Ref:4081037)   #24
Mixer
Veteran

AFL has refused, they just let the Vic government so it and hid behind that

Old 2 Nov 2021, 01:56 (Ref:4081039)   #25
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
It wasn’t Supercars who mandated it.It was the ARDC.Until today an unvaccinated competitor could have competed at Bathurst.That loophole has been closed off for unvaccinated competitors,officials and spectators today.Thank goodness.
I am pretty sure the AFL has mandated it.The NRL is just being weak and endangering the health of all players to cater for the anti vax nutters in the playing ranks.
Supercars supported it, and pushed the barrow.

And rightly so.