Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 12 Dec 2021, 01:49 (Ref:4088397)   #51
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Or they could have highlighted this.

https://www.fia.com/news/f1-2021-abu...nce-transcript

Quote:
Q: (Niharika Ghorpade – Sportskeeda) Lewis and Max, regardless of the outcome tomorrow, before you go head-to-head, could you list some positives about each other so far, through the last 20 races and what you’ve experienced, and the respect you have for each other?

LH: [Aside to Max] I don’t think we really need to, do we?

MV: [Laughs]. I think Lewis has already won so many championships but also this year I think we have been pushing each other, certainly in some races, to the limit. We have been really basically trying to get everything out of our cars, tyres, to the last lap, to the last corner and that’s very exciting, especially when it’s been between two teams as well, because when it’s team-mates always a bit different, but when two teams fighting you have different strategies you don’t know about, preparation, so it has been really enjoyable for most of the time. That’s normal in a championship and yeah, of course, in 10, 20 years’ time, people will look back at it and even myself and you will remember this year, for sure.

LH: Yeah, well said. I agree fully. It’s been an incredible year, an amazing battle and I’m grateful that I’ve had such a close battle with Max and his team. I think they’ve done an exceptional job and shown true strength and so it’s pushed us to the limit in ways that we needed and we, I think, have grown stronger as a team in ways we didn’t know that we could grow and yeah, it’s been amazing. I hope that we have many more seasons like this.
Warning! There is no editorial to put a slant on it so it might be difficult to understand.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 02:07 (Ref:4088401)   #52
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Warning! There is no editorial to put a slant on it so it might be difficult to understand.
I am confused Adam43. After reading that who am I supposed to hate? Please edit your post to make it clear.

Richard
Old 12 Dec 2021, 02:43 (Ref:4088403)   #53
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Easy.

Lando Norris, the British driver recently moved to Monaco, didn’t express respect for either of the title contenders. After a question about respect Norris, who out qualified Ricciardo 15-6 in 2021, remained silent.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 05:27 (Ref:4088407)   #54
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Lewis at his "its not my fault" "they are up to no good" blame game again..

https://www.news.com.au/sport/motors...e46667ddae8f95
‘Conspiracy’: Hamilton calls out ‘deliberate’ Verstappen, Red Bull ploy
Lewis Hamilton says Red Bull is up to some sneaky tricks as it tries absolutely everything to help Max Verstappen win a world title.

Lewis Hamilton has accused Max Verstappen of deliberately locking up in qualifying at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix as part of a title decider “conspiracy”.
Hamilton said: “It was interesting that lock-up into Turn One. I’m a conspiracist but no one locks up into Turn One and if you do it is not a big one.

“I think they did it deliberately so they chose to go on to the soft tyre.”

Hamilton also said he wasn’t a fan of Verstappen receiving a “tow” from teammate Sergio Perez in qualifying to help him speed through a slipstream.

“We’ve never, ever really done that, It’s never something we discuss or we work on and I don’t believe it should have been done.”
---------------

Deliberately flat spot? when you could just....slow down...
And since when has choosing which tyre to go fastest and start on been some kind of "dirty trick' ... its what you do, as much as setting the aero etc.

And getting a tow or slipstream is standard racecraft... i cant be bothered looking through history, but im sure he has done it many times. i mean why the bickering about who leaves pitlane first?
If he hasnt, he should have, they would have more crowns. Merc management might query why spend millions in developing a faster car, when a simple driving "trick" would do it for free. everyone has been doing it for decades.

Lewis is always complaining. look at his banging on about why did they stop the race in first red flag last week, constantly saying my tyres are shot (then doing fastest lap) Im sorry but he is a cry baby.
But Mercedes slowing down in Saudi so not to double stack, well, that's perfectly fine. Both teams are gaming , his as much as any, he needs a nice hot cup of STFU.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 08:00 (Ref:4088411)   #55
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Tense times ahead with the two title protagonists on the front row. The advantage is currently swinging Red Bull's way with Max on pole and also Checo ahead of Bottas.

Great lap by Norris to be 3rd, although I can understand his nerves being right behind the title fight. Great to see Tsunoda up there. Just a shame Williams and Kimi couldn't get out of Q1

BTW, I just found out that Bottas has a 100% record of getting into Q3 since joining Merc
Old 12 Dec 2021, 08:22 (Ref:4088417)   #56
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BBC Radio have just reported that Mazapin has tested positive for Covid and will not be starting.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 08:33 (Ref:4088420)   #57
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pietro Fittipaldi, their replacement driver and present in Abu Dhabi, won't be racing, as he hasn't done at least one practice session. https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...RQPzXzNNk.html
Old 12 Dec 2021, 08:53 (Ref:4088424)   #58
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Pietro Fittipaldi, their replacement driver and present in Abu Dhabi, won't be racing, as he hasn't done at least one practice session. https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...RQPzXzNNk.html
one session this week or one ever?
will we see all the reserve drivers running p1 friday next year just in case?
Old 12 Dec 2021, 09:30 (Ref:4088429)   #59
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This weekend. Basically you need your driver to be ineligible to compete before qualifying to be able to deploy your reserve.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 09:35 (Ref:4088430)   #60
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, on the plus side, that means Mazepin can't crash into anyone or get in the way today. Also doesn't get to DNF, so there's that.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 10:05 (Ref:4088434)   #61
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Congrats to Lewis on his decorum in response to the negative crowd members.
I thought that was really quite funny.

<Lewis starts being interviewed>
Crowd part 1: Cheers
Crowd part 2: Starts booing
LH: I think it's great seeing so many people here
Crowd part 2: BOOING INTENSIFIES
LH: It's a shame about the booing but it doesn't really matter because it's great after all we've been through to see so many people here and I just wasn't able to go any faster, Max really deserved pole there
Crowd part 1: Cheers again
Crowd part 2: BOOOOO boooo b... (Silence)
Old 12 Dec 2021, 10:57 (Ref:4088440)   #62
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The booing is the ultimate expression of idiocy to me. I don't care who's being booed, Max, Lewis or anyone else. It's just pathetic.... It's as if they have to vocalise what they would normally be posting on Twitbook......
Old 12 Dec 2021, 11:21 (Ref:4088446)   #63
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yep not sure why people want to boo, whether you are a max fan or a lewis fan it is the rivalry that has made this year good.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 11:52 (Ref:4088451)   #64
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
My prediction for today: Max Verstappen leads off the line, Hamilton stays second. Verstappen pulls away at the start on softs, but has to pit early and go for a two-stop, while Hamilton sticks with a one-stop. Hamilton then leads the race, while Verstappen closes him down on newer tyres, and the entire 22-race championship comes down to the final few laps of the season.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 11:55 (Ref:4088452)   #65
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
BTW, I just found out that Bottas has a 100% record of getting into Q3 since joining Merc

Really?

That's not bad for a driver that is often labeled as "not good enough for that car"
Old 12 Dec 2021, 11:57 (Ref:4088453)   #66
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
i hope its not some first lap or early race calamity taking out one car
I want them to cross finish line millimetres apart
jump out of their cars and have a dirty big punch on (max would win that)

ok i dont condone a punch on
Old 12 Dec 2021, 11:57 (Ref:4088454)   #67
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
On the booing...beers no doubt cost a lot here so classless behaviour comes with a hefty price tag???
Old 12 Dec 2021, 12:12 (Ref:4088457)   #68
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
My prediction for today: Max Verstappen leads off the line, Hamilton stays second. Verstappen pulls away at the start on softs, but has to pit early and go for a two-stop, while Hamilton sticks with a one-stop. Hamilton then leads the race, while Verstappen closes him down on newer tyres, and the entire 22-race championship comes down to the final few laps of the season.
Basically the season ending as it started. Did everyone learn their lesson from Bahrain?

My prediction is that this will be one of the more tedious races of the year and a straightforward title for Max in the end. It is probably the note the season needs to end on tbf

Last edited by Knowlesy; 12 Dec 2021 at 12:17.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 12:29 (Ref:4088460)   #69
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Engine reliability has been solid by both teams.

For the foreseeable future, Honda's last chance. Not much talk about this being their farewell race.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 12:32 (Ref:4088461)   #70
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Engine reliability has been solid by both teams.

For the foreseeable future, Honda's last chance. Not much talk about this being their farewell race.

Possibly that's because they are continuing to maintain the PUs for next year as Red Bull are not ready yet to take over fully (that was agreed earlier this year).
Old 12 Dec 2021, 12:37 (Ref:4088462)   #71
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Will they then still carry the Honda badge?
Old 12 Dec 2021, 12:42 (Ref:4088463)   #72
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Will they then still carry the Honda badge?
no the name honda disappears from f1 tonight
honda sold the IP to redbull. and wont have their name on anything
Old 12 Dec 2021, 12:48 (Ref:4088464)   #73
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
no the name honda disappears from f1 tonight
honda sold the IP to redbull. and wont have their name on anything
Right. Thats what I thought. But obvio Honda still will be providing a lot of help.

Anyways...Lando is awesome! Funny interview there.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 12:51 (Ref:4088465)   #74
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Kravitz having a stroke!
Old 12 Dec 2021, 12:52 (Ref:4088466)   #75
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I suspect we will have a curve ball thrown into the mix, tyres maybe or safety car/ red flag not to mention a messy start.
Closed Thread