Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 18 Apr 2007, 10:52 (Ref:1894583)   #1
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Could you donate your old MSA Blue Book please?

Hi, I'm a Marshal and would like to ask if any of you have an old edition of the Blue Book, whether you would consider donating it to a Marshals Club?

As Marshals, we are expected to know at least some of the regulations of the sport but are not supplied with a BB by our Clubs. (Some Clubs give them to Observers - not all!)

This has been done quite sucessfully in previous years and our thanks go to you.

As not much changes from year to year, we are not necessarily looking for new BB's - although I am aware that some of you received two this year, due to the Licencing mix-up at the MSA.

If any of you are in a position to help, please hand your old BB to any Marshal at your local track or ask for the Chief Marshal.

Thanks in advance for your support!
Old 18 Apr 2007, 11:33 (Ref:1894611)   #2
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell
Hi, I'm a Marshal and would like to ask if any of you have an old edition of the Blue Book, whether you would consider donating it to a Marshals Club?

As Marshals, we are expected to know at least some of the regulations of the sport but are not supplied with a BB by our Clubs. (Some Clubs give them to Observers - not all!)

This has been done quite sucessfully in previous years and our thanks go to you.

As not much changes from year to year, we are not necessarily looking for new BB's - although I am aware that some of you received two this year, due to the Licencing mix-up at the MSA.

If any of you are in a position to help, please hand your old BB to any Marshal at your local track or ask for the Chief Marshal.

Thanks in advance for your support!
Mark

I have a spare BB, new this year due to the mentioned licencing cock up. I am in Derby, so not far away, or I can pass it on to someone at Donington Park. Plse drop me a PM with some contact details.
Old 18 Apr 2007, 11:39 (Ref:1894618)   #3
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks Andy,
At Donington it would probably be best to hand it in at Race Control to either the Chief Marshal (Different person for different Clubs) or Di Hardy.
Old 18 Apr 2007, 11:40 (Ref:1894620)   #4
Farbrooke
Racer

Farbrooke has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I thought the Blue book was available on line at the MSA web site - however you probably need a licence number to access that part of the site - but would it not make sense to allow such marshals access - seems like some lobbing by marshals - they deserve that service.
Old 18 Apr 2007, 16:56 (Ref:1894894)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was expecting someone to say that the MSA had run out!!!
Old 18 Apr 2007, 17:04 (Ref:1894899)   #6
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farbrooke
I thought the Blue book was available on line at the MSA web site - however you probably need a licence number to access that part of the site - but would it not make sense to allow such marshals access - seems like some lobbing by marshals - they deserve that service.
It is available online and as long as the marshals are registered with the MSA they can log in using their MSA registered number and thereby access the Blue Book. Simple innit?

I would advise against anyone donating old copies of the 2006 Blue Book - the layout and content has changed considerably since last year.
Old 18 Apr 2007, 18:03 (Ref:1894944)   #7
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Be aware that it will be completely re-written for 2008 (apparently).
Old 18 Apr 2007, 18:47 (Ref:1894973)   #8
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Is the requirement ongoing Mark as I will keep a spare with me to hand in when I visit there.
Old 18 Apr 2007, 21:08 (Ref:1895081)   #9
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Friel
Be aware that it will be completely re-written for 2008 (apparently).
I was told that earlier this year at an MSA seminar. I think it's something to do with the fact that the old Blue Book had Sections A, B, C etc in alphabetical order. Now it starts with EE, and only gets into proper alphabetical order round about Section H!
Old 18 Apr 2007, 22:01 (Ref:1895111)   #10
Chris Griffin
Racer

England
Theale, Berkshire, UK
Chris Griffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What an informative and concise edition that will be then!
Old 19 Apr 2007, 16:32 (Ref:1895606)   #11
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Griffin
What an informative and concise edition that will be then!
Actually, now I've got used to it, it's in a much more logical order than the old Blue Book was!
Old 23 Apr 2007, 11:02 (Ref:1898422)   #12
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oops, popped up the road to Donington on sunday PM and completely forgot about the blue book, sorry. Can someone PM me with an address and I'll send it.

Tags
blue book