Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 31 Aug 2022, 11:29 (Ref:4124377)   #51
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I doubt we'll see Palou doing enduro duty in one of the Ganassi cars...
fair. Maybe Alonso, then?
Old 31 Aug 2022, 19:56 (Ref:4124415)   #52
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just moved my "tickets" into my Google wallet. It wasn't clear what was going on, but I had to do it twice - once for the admission ticket and once for camping/parking. On the website when i was doing the migration it said my parking spot was in Section CARPRK and spot 311. No clue what that means
Old 31 Aug 2022, 20:59 (Ref:4124421)   #53
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Just moved my "tickets" into my Google wallet. It wasn't clear what was going on, but I had to do it twice - once for the admission ticket and once for camping/parking. On the website when i was doing the migration it said my parking spot was in Section CARPRK and spot 311. No clue what that means
That's the reason I just left mine on will-call to be picked up on Tues morning. My guess is it's going to be a cluster-F this year until everyone gets use to the system or they'll modify the system to make it more user friendly. I spoke with Abe Chueng about it. Waiting at will-call, I should have a reserved RV ticket, car parking, 2 4-day tickets and a golf cart pass. Had to pick up the golf cart pass at will-call anyways since you have to sign the waver. Just in case, I will have printed copies of all the transactions. Abe knows me and has verified they have payment for all of the above.
Old 31 Aug 2022, 20:59 (Ref:4124422)   #54
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not been following and during a visit from JHammy over the weekend, he informed me that motor racing and specifically PLM is going to the digital age. As soon as I say it can't go, it all goes to pot!!

Football tickets, concert tickets and now this. What will I do now that I can't store a ticket in a box and bring it out every now and again. Are programs next?? What a sad world we live in
Old 31 Aug 2022, 21:11 (Ref:4124423)   #55
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The parking passes had numbers for a couple years, think it was order issued since other than the reserved RV it's a free for all. Mine were added in one shot, ticket RV and program. I just don't like it says 9/28 entry on them, I'm coming in 27th as usual and they can suck it.

But they didn't add my free camping pass, just the RV pass so I'll have to reach out to Abe about it. Do like I can forward that to another user if I don't need it without having to send them the pass before entry
Old 31 Aug 2022, 21:14 (Ref:4124424)   #56
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Not been following and during a visit from JHammy over the weekend, he informed me that motor racing and specifically PLM is going to the digital age. As soon as I say it can't go, it all goes to pot!!

Football tickets, concert tickets and now this. What will I do now that I can't store a ticket in a box and bring it out every now and again. Are programs next?? What a sad world we live in
You can store them in your Google Wallet and let them tell you when you should reminisce about old events sir.
Old 31 Aug 2022, 23:04 (Ref:4124433)   #57
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I could be wrong, but I believe you will still get a proper ticket when you redeem the E-Ticket. I hope I'm right. Abe said that the reason they went with the e-tickets was because too many tickets were lost in the mail.

I asked Abe about the Tues entry for reserved RV and he confirmed that the tickets will allow entry on the 27th starting at 8:00am. I always got a kick out of passing the long line of people ready to scramble for the non-reserved spots that have been camping there in the parking lot for who knows how long.
Old 1 Sep 2022, 01:36 (Ref:4124436)   #58
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I'm not sure we can confirm the rush to the future given the state of the comfort stations at track. And what do you expect with the influx of all those euros from Michelin? If you had a choice to make the ticketing procedure more difficult or improving facilities at the track which would you choose?

sent during haircut
Old 1 Sep 2022, 02:22 (Ref:4124437)   #59
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I'm not sure we can confirm the rush to the future given the state of the comfort stations at track. And what do you expect with the influx of all those euros from Michelin? If you had a choice to make the ticketing procedure more difficult or improving facilities at the track which would you choose?

sent during haircut
Hey, they added some very nice flowering plums and azaleas in our area. You know, things that flower before the track has open access so no one can enjoy it. Maybe a Michelin tire test has flowers
Old 1 Sep 2022, 03:18 (Ref:4124440)   #60
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:

sent during haircut
Exactly. But hey, there's at least doors on the toilet stalls in the T4 comfort station. There's shower curtains at Sebring. And as conservationist at heart, urine troughs should return everywhere. Maybe give some dividers....
Old 1 Sep 2022, 11:55 (Ref:4124466)   #61
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Don't forget the hot water showers we have now. I, for one, do like those.
Old 2 Sep 2022, 14:54 (Ref:4124589)   #62
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
All right, I think I'm losing it. Just went over the RV check list for the third time. Cleaned the MH for the second time and checked all of the systems for the 3rd time. Can't do anything with the perishables yet since it's still too long. Wife keeps asking me why I keep going out the RV. This waiting for departure day is killing me. Still 4 weeks away.

Maybe I need to go out and check the generator... OH, I haven't checked the satellite system yet!
Old 2 Sep 2022, 16:29 (Ref:4124600)   #63
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
All right, I think I'm losing it. Just went over the RV check list for the third time. Cleaned the MH for the second time and checked all of the systems for the 3rd time. Can't do anything with the perishables yet since it's still too long. Wife keeps asking me why I keep going out the RV. This waiting for departure day is killing me. Still 4 weeks away.

Maybe I need to go out and check the generator... OH, I haven't checked the satellite system yet!
So little to do, and so much time! Of course once the day actually approaches that ratio will flip.
Old 2 Sep 2022, 18:41 (Ref:4124612)   #64
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Yep, it sure does seem like once you get there, time goes by far too quickly. The next thing you know is it's all over and you're planning on the next year. Or at least the next outing. When I lived in Florida, I use to attend both Sebring and Daytona. Use to love Sebring. We'd camp out in the infield near the hair pin turn during the old days of IMSA. Back in the day of the original GTP cars like Toulouse's Team 44 and the Nissan GTP Z along with the infamous Porsche 935's. Crazy times those were.

For several years later I use to drive down from Atlanta in a Subaru carrying a custom "tree stand" that I designed. It was capable of putting 4 people 12' in the air in lounge chairs. The whole thing fit into the back of the Scubi and was suspended using steel cables with signpost anchors driven into the ground. Even had a front-page picture on the local Sebring paper.

Then I discovered the Road Atlanta. Man, what a great track.

Last edited by JT240Z; 2 Sep 2022 at 18:54.
Old 4 Sep 2022, 19:45 (Ref:4124839)   #65
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Just noticed that the Podium Club tickets are sold out. I think this is the first year of a sold-out Podium Club. This being the 25th anniversary, I think it's going to be one hell of a gathering with a record crowd.
Old 12 Sep 2022, 15:44 (Ref:4125847)   #66
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Two weeks and counting. Plan to pick up the golf cart rental on Monday and drop the dog off at the kennel. If all goes as planned, we'll be on the road and at the track by 9:00 on Tuesday morning. Our reserved RV spot is on the turn 5 side of turn 6 near the apex of the skid pad area. Nice asphalt area and high enough to see them coming down from turn 4/5 and into turn 6. Had that spot since it was first converted from camping to reserved RV.

Weds we wake up early and get the EZ-UP set up on the inside of turns 10a/b right in front of the Jumbotron TV. Love to watch the non-reserved RVs roll in on Weds morning. That mad scramble for just the right spot is highly entertaining.
Old 12 Sep 2022, 16:27 (Ref:4125861)   #67
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Oh I love the Oklahoma land rush. We're along the T3 to Esses section of reserved and watch them roll by like how the fk did he get all that up already as I'm cooking breakfast. Was even more fun pre-reserved when they'd ask how, "I know a guy" was all I'd say
Old 12 Sep 2022, 16:43 (Ref:4125866)   #68
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Got to love the convenience of reserved RV. You get to roll in as you want and setup before all of the craziness begins. Tuesday is like a quiet day to setup casually and an extra day to take in the scenery. Slowly the circus environment builds.

I just wish the vendors in vendor village were more setup by Wednesday. Seems like most aren't fully setup until well into Thursday. This is especially true for the food venders. I like my coffee in the morning, but nobody seems to have it until later in the week and I hate my own coffee.
Old 12 Sep 2022, 18:13 (Ref:4125875)   #69
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
A slight development in my plans. It appears my foot decided to break last night and so i'm in a boot. Looks like i'll be hanging around camp with Andrew.

and this is the perfect time to make a reference to the Hitchcock movie Rear Window. I tried to bring this up at work a few years ago when somebody had a leg cast and nobody had any idea what i was talking about. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047396/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

But i already have binoculars so i am ready.
Old 12 Sep 2022, 18:28 (Ref:4125877)   #70
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Sorry to hear about your mishap. Not ideal, but a set of crutches should allow some wandering around over the week.

As for the movie: Don't remember seeing it. Now I've got to find it and watch it. I like Hitchcock and Jimmy Stewart so it's probably a good one.

Edit: Found it on Peacock. Wife and I will be watching it tonight.

https://www.peacocktv.com/watch/asse...d-9e401c1aef22

Last edited by JT240Z; 12 Sep 2022 at 18:39.
Old 13 Sep 2022, 02:24 (Ref:4125917)   #71
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I took my sport coat in for adjustment today since I'm no longer obese. Should be ready the day before I fly out.

Anyone got tips for places to visit in Barcelona? I'll be there for 7 days.

Quote:
A slight development in my plans. It appears my foot decided to break last night and so i'm in a boot. Looks like i'll be hanging around camp with Andrew.

and this is the perfect time to make a reference to the Hitchcock movie Rear Window. I tried to bring this up at work a few years ago when somebody had a leg cast and nobody had any idea what i was talking about. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047396/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

But i already have binoculars so i am ready.
Well shyte, man! Hate to hear that. Throttle or clutch foot?

FWIW, it's not terrible hanging out in T3 with the big guy, if I'm honest. And we didn't see a break on my sons foot and forced him to walk around Universal Orlando for 4 days. You can do it! He was in a boot after for lots of walking. It can be done or get one of those dumbass scooter things. That would be good fun going up. Down hill would be terror followed by more broken things.
Old 13 Sep 2022, 13:05 (Ref:4125964)   #72
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I took my sport coat in for adjustment today since I'm no longer obese. Should be ready the day before I fly out.

Anyone got tips for places to visit in Barcelona? I'll be there for 7 days.

Well shyte, man! Hate to hear that. Throttle or clutch foot?

FWIW, it's not terrible hanging out in T3 with the big guy, if I'm honest. And we didn't see a break on my sons foot and forced him to walk around Universal Orlando for 4 days. You can do it! He was in a boot after for lots of walking. It can be done or get one of those dumbass scooter things. That would be good fun going up. Down hill would be terror followed by more broken things.
Clutch foot, so I'm driving the Accord for a while.

sent during haircut
Old 13 Sep 2022, 16:57 (Ref:4125993)   #73
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Received my green pre-event entry pass in the mail today. Received an email from Abe yesterday detailing how to enter and what the rules are. Still trying to decide whether to go ahead and print the tickets or just pick them up at will call.
Old 13 Sep 2022, 17:31 (Ref:4125994)   #74
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
OK, went ahead and printed my reserved RV and entry tickets with QR codes. Couldn't print the golf cart pass but I'm betting that it's because you need to sign a waiver at will call before they issue you a sticker.
Old 14 Sep 2022, 12:02 (Ref:4126049)   #75
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
OK, went ahead and printed my reserved RV and entry tickets with QR codes. Couldn't print the golf cart pass but I'm betting that it's because you need to sign a waiver at will call before they issue you a sticker.
I'm going to print mine too. Too much could go wrong trying to use the digital ones. There was a system glitch with multiple college football games in week 1 and the digital tickets didn't work.