Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 21 Sep 2022, 22:56 (Ref:4126769)   #101
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
@Joeb: we'll be at 10 just for the Wednesday and than at 5 for the remainder of the days. I'll be easy to spot in my orange suit (although there'll probably be another guy in one of those, just ask for the Dutch guy).
Old 21 Sep 2022, 23:35 (Ref:4126776)   #102
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
@Joeb: we'll be at 10 just for the Wednesday and than at 5 for the remainder of the days. I'll be easy to spot in my orange suit (although there'll probably be another guy in one of those, just ask for the Dutch guy).
We’ll be just up the road from ya, big water oak tree with a Shadow flag flying. And a giant bearded fat guy but the flag and tree might be easier
Old 22 Sep 2022, 11:42 (Ref:4126819)   #103
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Thanks if I am mobile at all I will try and say hi. In years past I've talked to another Dutch guy in an orange suit that wasn't you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
We’ll be just up the road from ya, big water oak tree with a Shadow flag flying. And a giant bearded fat guy but the flag and tree might be easier
Yeah we're going to be even easier to spot now giant guy with a beard and skinny guy with a broken foot.
Old 22 Sep 2022, 15:52 (Ref:4126861)   #104
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Thanks if I am mobile at all I will try and say hi. In years past I've talked to another Dutch guy in an orange suit that wasn't you.
Yeah we're going to be even easier to spot now giant guy with a beard and skinny guy with a broken foot.

Probably HJ - Hendrik Jan in one of his Le Mans suits, I've known him for years.

Sorry to hear about your injury - bourbon is the current #1 medicine for broken bones I heard!
Old 22 Sep 2022, 16:18 (Ref:4126865)   #105
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If this holds, meh for Friday, but not horrible
I'm not down with Invest 98L though.
Attached Thumbnails
plm1.JPG  
Old 22 Sep 2022, 16:47 (Ref:4126871)   #106
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
If this holds, meh for Friday, but not horrible
I'm not down with Invest 98L though.
I like that forecast as well. Too early on 98, but lets just hope for a hard turn and a south florida impact before heading out to sea.
Old 22 Sep 2022, 19:13 (Ref:4126890)   #107
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If it makes a turn for Bama my ass will be driving back and forth over camping. Not getting my gear thrashed again like the joeb denting canopy destroyer of 15 I think it was. That was a mess and not doing that again in the mud
Old 22 Sep 2022, 20:53 (Ref:4126899)   #108
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
If it makes a turn for Bama my ass will be driving back and forth over camping. Not getting my gear thrashed again like the joeb denting canopy destroyer of 15 I think it was. That was a mess and not doing that again in the mud
Oh, you know it is fun, and plus you don't want to be driving back and forth, that limits your drinking!
Old 22 Sep 2022, 21:29 (Ref:4126901)   #109
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
One word... Motel.

Seriously, I was there for that rain in my motorhome and it wasn't that bad. In a tent? That would have been VERY unpleasant. For what it's worth, they're only calling for .08" of rain. Not much of a gully washer IMHO. Just enough to make the race interesting.
Old 22 Sep 2022, 22:03 (Ref:4126903)   #110
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
It wasn't the rain in 2015, the rain we controlled with our levy control expert and a shovel. It's the wind over the hill and torsion on the gear. Can't replace the kitchen any more, Bass Pro stopped Cabela's from making it

Just DUMPED rain on the farmer's market, watching canopies collapse broke up flashbacks, somehow people found even cheaper than Walmart canopies. They don't look like ANY rain and fold quick

Last edited by broadrun96; 22 Sep 2022 at 22:13.
Old 23 Sep 2022, 01:46 (Ref:4126925)   #111
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Still stupidly looking at popups the weekend before cause you know great to buy one and immediately rely on it for a week. Almost bought a 77 Apache in Augusta but the guy didn't get back to me
Old 23 Sep 2022, 02:12 (Ref:4126927)   #112
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That forecast looks good to me. It's Georgia, it would be weird if it didn't rain.
Old 23 Sep 2022, 11:51 (Ref:4126972)   #113
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
That forecast looks good to me. It's Georgia, it would be weird if it didn't rain.
Yep, like I've said... A little rain is good since it adds to the on-track activity. So far, the forecast is not calling for any significant rain. Currently looks like a possible Friday PM and Saturday AM event and spotty.
Old 23 Sep 2022, 13:25 (Ref:4126986)   #114
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Forecast for the weekend seems ok to me, and the storm is going towards Fort Meyers as per early forecast, so that should be fine.

plus if it gets rough i can shack up with JP since Field is gone.
Old 23 Sep 2022, 14:09 (Ref:4126992)   #115
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Five days till departure day! Should have boiled peanuts ready to be given out by Tues evening. If anyone is interested, stop on by at RV spot 608 and introduce yourself.
Old 23 Sep 2022, 14:28 (Ref:4126997)   #116
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Guess I'll have to pull down the gear this weekend and think about what I need. I've got chips, hash, cake and brownie mix and bourbons but that's it so far

Have to determine what (non-alcoholic at all of course) bourbons to bring this year. Might actually bring some of my new very nice barrel proof apple brandy as well
Old 23 Sep 2022, 15:02 (Ref:4127000)   #117
Coach Ep
Veteran

Keeping my fingers crossed the eye will miss our area, just north of Tampa. Hoping it will go south of here, we're planning to leave early Tue AM and stay ahead of the ****.
Old 23 Sep 2022, 15:54 (Ref:4127004)   #118
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Guess I'll have to pull down the gear this weekend and think about what I need. I've got chips, hash, cake and brownie mix and bourbons but that's it so far

Have to determine what (non-alcoholic at all of course) bourbons to bring this year. Might actually bring some of my new very nice barrel proof apple brandy as well
Is the Weber making a comeback or will the Aussie return? Do you need me to bring charcoal?
Old 23 Sep 2022, 16:27 (Ref:4127011)   #119
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Is the Weber making a comeback or will the Aussie return? Do you need me to bring charcoal?
Weber kettle, not the smoker, bag of coals would be good. Aussie likely as well for lunch cooks
Old 23 Sep 2022, 20:29 (Ref:4127041)   #120
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Apparently at the top of the slope at T2 will be a Michelin fancy pants chalet for Petit. 525 bucks a person but you get to learn about essential oils so they've got that going for them.
Old 23 Sep 2022, 20:37 (Ref:4127042)   #121
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Quote:
Apparently at the top of the slope at T2 will be a Michelin fancy pants chalet for Petit. 525 bucks a person but you get to learn about essential oils so they've got that going for them.
Don't see myself or my wife taking part in that. I can think of too many things I could spend $525 on.
Old 24 Sep 2022, 12:06 (Ref:4127088)   #122
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
It was a beautiful cool 48 degrees this morning at the house, summer may have finally been broken
Old 24 Sep 2022, 13:31 (Ref:4127098)   #123
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Looks like rain for Friday and Saturday are looking more likely.
Old 24 Sep 2022, 15:09 (Ref:4127110)   #124
Coach Ep
Veteran

Yeah, forecast taking a turn for the worse for sure - Ian is gonna impact our travel and the event quite a bit I'm afraid...
Old 24 Sep 2022, 15:15 (Ref:4127112)   #125
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Well, at least Thursday night practice will be good. Also looks like Saturday afternoon might be OK as well. Friday looks like a gully washer since they're calling for possible flood warnings in the area. Hard to tell though since metro Atlanta covers a pretty wide area and the forecast is general for all of it.