Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 30 Apr 2008, 23:53 (Ref:2191468)   #1
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NSWRRC Rd 2 - Oran Park Day/Night

Its on this Saturday, I'll be going mostly to see the IPRA races

Anyone have a event program or entry list?

Here are some photos from one of the previous meetings to whet your appetite

http://david8720.fotopic.net/c957246.html

Will this be the last time we "do it in the dark" at Oran Park? Come on all you so called motorsport fans, prove you're not just a V8 Supercars fan and get to the track

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 1 May 2008, 00:58 (Ref:2191494)   #2
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got a text message this morning reminding me of this event ill definately be trying to make it. We hardly ever see night racing as it is and as oran park is on the way out ill definately be there.

The nswrrc website mentioned entries closed on the 24th so there must be a list out there somewhere. The last event attracted 200 entries!
Old 1 May 2008, 03:25 (Ref:2191534)   #3
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
They're only using the South Circuit Oh well, I guess that means more laps that I can see the cars fly past the dogleg

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 1 May 2008, 13:00 (Ref:2191856)   #4
nafe!
Racer

Oh well, least the cars will be close together!

Anyone going to let us know what cars are turning up?
Old 3 May 2008, 12:06 (Ref:2193151)   #5
nafe!
Racer

Rocked up at 6pm after convincing my father to come out in the cold, damn it was chilly out there.

But how great was it! It was great to see the spectacle of exhaust flames, glowing brakes and sparks as cars raced against each other.

The rx7 sports sedan of Norm Stokes was of particular note, i grabbed some great footage of its exhaust bellowing flame.

It really did spice up the action and create alot of atmosphere seeing the cars running at night.

I guess you werent too happy though rotorfan with the holden holding off the rx7 in improved production and a falcon in sports sedans lol.

How great were the EH duels in the group n races!

Was that Richard mork of planet mork fame? or am i mistaken?
Old 4 May 2008, 07:33 (Ref:2193580)   #6
PhaseIII
Racer

Australia
In a Land Down Under
PhaseIII should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you'll find that Mork came from the planet ORK
Old 5 May 2008, 02:49 (Ref:2194124)   #7
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Nafe, it was still great racing. Was fantastic to watch Foote come back through the field after spinning on the last lap, but then his exhaust problem

That RX-7 of Barron's was very messed up. I didn't see the spin, but apparently he did it on his own. It looked like his lights were off, which made it even harder for competitors to avoid him - cars were going everywhere.

We were cheering when the RX-7 overtook the falcon in the sports sedans, but then the extra power of the falcon took over The bloke in the RX-7 really needs to practice his gear changes, thats what cost him, I think he had the car to win it.

Old 5 May 2008, 03:09 (Ref:2194127)   #8
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Also, one of the Superkart drivers had a failure on the dogleg and came to talk to us for a while, which I thought was cool. It was his first race meeting in the kart and was on track to get a trophy until his engine started to cut out. Then another kart came to a stop right in front of us and he went to console him. Alot of DNFs in that kart race.

Old 5 May 2008, 05:56 (Ref:2194168)   #9
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
Nafe, it was still great racing. Was fantastic to watch Foote come back through the field after spinning on the last lap, but then his exhaust problem

Footie got turned around at the first corner by the orange RX7.

Did you happen to catch my spin in the first IP race of the night over the dogleg. It was either turn left and spin or drive into the side of the gazelle that decided to turn in on me

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 5 May 2008, 07:10 (Ref:2194191)   #10
nafe!
Racer

Quote:

We were cheering when the RX-7 overtook the falcon in the sports sedans, but then the extra power of the falcon took over The bloke in the RX-7 really needs to practice his gear changes, thats what cost him, I think he had the car to win it.
Yeah i noticed he was switching places where he changed gears each lap!

Nah didnt see your spin mtpanorama, i got there just at the end of the 6pm race.

What happened to the audi? i saw it lock up just after the dogleg and straight into the dirt. Looked like something jammed?
Old 5 May 2008, 23:09 (Ref:2194735)   #11
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama
Footie got turned around at the first corner by the orange RX7.

Did you happen to catch my spin in the first IP race of the night over the dogleg. It was either turn left and spin or drive into the side of the gazelle that decided to turn in on me
Ah, I was lucky to spot that it was Foote that got spun, let alone what caused it - all you can see of T1 is headlights Also, I incorrectly said last lap, I meant first lap Our hearts sunk when we saw that, we were looking forward to him beating the commodore.

mtpanorama, yeah I remember that. Was that you that had trouble getting up the hill and back on the track?

Old 10 May 2008, 08:16 (Ref:2198062)   #12
cornermsport
Racer

Australia
near Oran Park NSW
cornermsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Our hearts sunk when we saw that, we were looking forward to him beating the commodore.
Ha!!!!!! Thats the funniest thing i have read on here!! Footie didn't have a chance, Johno drove well all weekend, was in a league of his own, well done!!

If he didn't choose to cut the nose off the orange 12A at the first corner, he may have picked up the 2nd place plastic trophy!

Was good racing all day, plenty of wrecked cars in qualifying though, which was stupid!

Hopefully, there will be another chance for some night racing again next year
Old 12 May 2008, 23:43 (Ref:2200599)   #13
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
cornermsport, your post surprises me.

It is clear there are performance disparities between cars in improved production. It is not a parity formula - thankfully. I don't believe every position in IP races are dictated by skill, and I don't think you can solely attribute skill to the winner.

I am a fan of RX-7s, thats why I was barracking for Foote to win. And if I adopted the outlook that he didn't have a chance, I wouldn't have had so much fun as a spectator.

Information I have is that Foote was turned around at the first corner. Based on that - and if I had to say a driver was in a league of their own - I'd say it was Foote! He came through the field and was looking good for 2nd place till the failure.