Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 8 Oct 2001, 13:02 (Ref:157448)   #1
Doc Savage
Rookie

Doc Savage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paffett's future

What do we all think about Gazza Paffett ( a fave in this forum!!!)coming 6th in the German F3 championship?
What can he do next season on the strength (!) of this?
Old 8 Oct 2001, 13:38 (Ref:157460)   #2
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Paffetts future.... Hmm, interesting concept
Old 8 Oct 2001, 13:42 (Ref:157462)   #3
Doc Savage
Rookie

Doc Savage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about a year in BF3 championship class - if his manager doesn't open his big mouth!
Old 8 Oct 2001, 16:19 (Ref:157527)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you consider that he didn't know any fo the circuits, and had to adjust to a new culture, 6th is not a bad effort. The title could be within his sight next season, so his best bet would be to stick at it as the longterm scenario could be good. But its too abd that he's slipped from the limelight voer here, althoguh better than having a bunch of beer boys yobbishly ranting about how he's 'thrashing the Jerries'
Old 8 Oct 2001, 17:54 (Ref:157557)   #5
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't really see much of a future for him at all.........but then again i never could see a future for him HES YESTERDAYS NEWS NOW! and even yesterday he was not up to much!
Old 8 Oct 2001, 18:45 (Ref:157602)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
now now, you're just the type of person motorsport can do without. it'd be good to see another decent british driver back in f3, but maybe he stands a better chance back in germany.
Old 8 Oct 2001, 18:54 (Ref:157612)   #7
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
now now, you're just the type of person motorsport can do without. it'd be good to see another decent british driver back in f3, but maybe he stands a better chance back in germany.
WHY? because i have an opinion and i voice it???? just coz i don't think he is as good as everyone says......im allowed my opinion and i just feel there are better british drivers than him that haven't been given a fair chance! im not gonna just go along with what everyone else says if i don't agree with it!
Old 9 Oct 2001, 11:09 (Ref:157953)   #8
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paffetts average, at best.

Had very good equipment last year, but just can't get it together in Germany.
Old 9 Oct 2001, 16:45 (Ref:158098)   #9
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Friel
Paffetts average, at best.

Had very good equipment last year, but just can't get it together in Germany.
yep.......thats basically the same as what i said and think just toned down a little! so.......im glad someone agrees!
Old 9 Oct 2001, 18:05 (Ref:158130)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not toned down, put more constructively and less rudely.
everyone has talent, my dear. i doubt very much you could do any better. let's have some rational thinking...
Old 9 Oct 2001, 19:24 (Ref:158168)   #11
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
Quote:
not toned down, put more constructively and less rudely.
everyone has talent, my dear. i doubt very much you could do any better. let's have some rational thinking...
ermmmm excuse me 'dear' but if i was a racing driver then u could use his talent against me , but i choose not to be because i know i don't have that talent. YES HE IS TALENTED.........WHEN HE HAS BETTER EQUIPMENT! when he doesn't he is average......im not being rude im being realistic! sorry 'dear' but if u don't like it - don't read it!
Old 9 Oct 2001, 19:37 (Ref:158178)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
as i say, constructively put your point is a reasonable one.
Old 9 Oct 2001, 19:47 (Ref:158184)   #13
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
Quote:
as i say, constructively put your point is a reasonable one.
my point is reasonable........u just don't wanna face the reality of it and enjoy patronizing people - just to make ur point stand out!
Old 9 Oct 2001, 19:52 (Ref:158187)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
right. this is from someone who has thousands of smilies in their posts.
Old 9 Oct 2001, 19:56 (Ref:158190)   #15
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
Quote:
right. this is from someone who has thousands of smilies in their posts.
ohhh what a great arguement u have there.........at least my smilies don't speak down to people and try and act more intelligent than they really are! loads of people fill there posts with smilies.....but i don't see u complaining to them!

Last edited by jiggly_puff; 9 Oct 2001 at 19:56.
Old 9 Oct 2001, 19:59 (Ref:158193)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i shall ignore the point about being intellegent. *insert long list of academic and non-academic qualifications*

i most certainly do not talk down to people.

and as for arguements being weak....

i suggest if you have a grievance with my behaviour you take it to the moderators. otherwise continue insulting me via pm and i shall reply accordingly. this is a motorsport forum not a slanging match.

Last edited by bella; 9 Oct 2001 at 20:00.
Old 9 Oct 2001, 20:01 (Ref:158196)   #17
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the point/lesson here is that Jiggly puff has said "Paffett has no talent" as a statement of fact, a fact which cannot be proved and therefore is not actually a fact, but an opinion.

If you want people to take your posts seriously, try being a bit more balanced. Putting in "I think that" or "in my opinion" tone down a post a hell of a lot.

This place is a discussion forum, not an argument forum, just try to remember that it's an exchange of opinions.
Old 9 Oct 2001, 20:40 (Ref:158221)   #18
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
im sorry if my opinions offend people......but come on its hardly a life or death opinion we're talking about is it!

but i am offended by the way in which bella was speaking to me in return of my opinion - and i did find it quite patronizing. and i wasn't insulting bella i was merely standing up for my opinions and what i said.....which i am intitled to do.
i don't intend on arguing about it nemore! but im sure others would find the way bella spoke to me as quite patronizing - so it justifies why i retaliated back!
Old 9 Oct 2001, 20:42 (Ref:158223)   #19
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Well said jiggles... Paffett's an arse!

A much better driver than i'll ever be, i'll happily concede, but he's not the driver he's made out to be...
Old 9 Oct 2001, 20:50 (Ref:158225)   #20
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
Well said jiggles... Paffett's an arse!

A much better driver than i'll ever be, i'll happily concede, but he's not the driver he's made out to be...
thanx for agreeing with me....at least there is 1!!!!
Old 9 Oct 2001, 20:53 (Ref:158227)   #21
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Oh no, I think you'll find there's more than one here...

Try not to let Bella wind you up - she's actually quite nice (sometimes ) Sorry Bella, I mean all the time, of course
Old 10 Oct 2001, 07:56 (Ref:158375)   #22
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In the red corner....

Got it out of our systems now ladies?

Out of interest, my opinion of Paffett reflects yours jiggles, but I'd agree with Bella when she said Dan put it more eloquently
Old 10 Oct 2001, 11:25 (Ref:158450)   #23
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I try, as always.

Paffett finished 2nd and 3rd at the weekend - plus has a test drive in a DTM car. Now that could be interesting!!
Old 10 Oct 2001, 12:25 (Ref:158479)   #24
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
Quote:
Originally posted by Marshal
In the red corner....

Got it out of our systems now ladies?

Out of interest, my opinion of Paffett reflects yours jiggles, but I'd agree with Bella when she said Dan put it more eloquently
well i merely was expressing my true feelings about him.......more people seem to be agreeing with me but im sorry if it wasn't perfectly eloquent - just expressing my feelings people!
Old 10 Oct 2001, 12:30 (Ref:158483)   #25
Marshal
Veteran