Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 10 Oct 2022, 10:27 (Ref:4129670)   #376
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Collard via Autosport:

"But the sport’s changing a lot – there’s a reason why people like Jason [Plato] are retiring.
“I’ve raced against some of the best people in the world in karts, British F3 and GT – I’ve won in pretty much every championship I’ve done but I haven’t been able to do it in touring cars.
“Coming back here, I’ve had an absolute blast, but this is where I’m at.”

Basically sounds like he can't handle losing. Off to join Oliphant in Australia, slowly becoming a BTCC retirement home!
[BS FILTER] I got beaten in karts despite having a top budget, I couldn't hack it in single-seaters, I tried GTs but got let go and now it's clear I'm not good enough to win here either [/BSFILTER]
Old 10 Oct 2022, 10:43 (Ref:4129673)   #377
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I'd say he would prefer to be in a better team/car, judging by his double door slam this afternoon.
Not the car - the engine how many MSport TOCA engine failures has there been shocking
Old 10 Oct 2022, 11:02 (Ref:4129674)   #378
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Not the car - the engine how many MSport TOCA engine failures has there been shocking
which makes it the more ironic that a Swindon engined team won the the title a nice little "beep" to TOCA
Old 10 Oct 2022, 11:16 (Ref:4129676)   #379
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
I believe ITV said at Croft that Boardley was unwell rather than there being any car shenanigans. The car did the Friday shakedown, and then Boardley withdrew. I must say though that this weekend did seem a bit NASCAR "start-and-park" at points.
If by 'did the Friday shakedown' you mean he left the pitlane. then that's correct. The car ground to a halt on the out-lap. From memory it may well have been before the second corner.

I don't know which car is being run using which TBL, but it may well have been in Boardley interest to at least start the car at Brands.
Old 10 Oct 2022, 11:28 (Ref:4129677)   #380
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Not really surprising though. Was a lot of surprise when they were awarded the contract.
Old 10 Oct 2022, 12:29 (Ref:4129693)   #381
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
With Collard retiring it seems he is not enjoying his racing atm and that is fine. There's been plenty of young drivers who have found racing isn't as fun as they thought it would be and decided it wasn't worth the effort
Old 10 Oct 2022, 12:42 (Ref:4129696)   #382
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
With Collard retiring it seems he is not enjoying his racing atm and that is fine. There's been plenty of young drivers who have found racing isn't as fun as they thought it would be and decided it wasn't worth the effort
Yeah, a very recent example is Maxi Buhk who retired at the age of 29 and is arguably much more successful than Collard.
Old 10 Oct 2022, 17:16 (Ref:4129752)   #383
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Collard retiring got me thinking about when Ingram left Speedworks for Exceler8. Many thought it was the wrong move, but here we are and it’s proved the right move for Ingram.
Old 10 Oct 2022, 18:00 (Ref:4129762)   #384
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Parfitt gives a scathing review of HARD!

https://www.reddit.com/r/btcc/commen...tm_name=iossmf

...also in a facebook video he pretty much confirms he won't be on the grid next year, unsurprisingly.

Last edited by Evantra; 10 Oct 2022 at 18:06.
Old 10 Oct 2022, 18:24 (Ref:4129769)   #385
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Isn’t there an element of blame to be laid at his door.

After all he says “if you pay what I did, you get what I got” so he knows it’s cheap.
Old 10 Oct 2022, 19:06 (Ref:4129777)   #386
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
A bit of HARD. bashing going on again. Is it really justified?

They put a car together for Thompson that saw him bag more points than any Infiniti or Vauxhall driver.

Before the season, everyone was telling us how good Ash Hand is, and the Infiniti was a championship winning car with a race winning driver in the team.

But Autobrite finished ahead of Laser Tools, PMR and Apec Racing in the Teams'.

3rd and 7th in the Independents' title suggests the car has merit?
Wouldn't be the Internet without a bit of HARD bashing! Interesting that the CUPRA is a dog despite Thompson managing to drag it to a Jack Sears win and 3rd overall in both Independent driver and team championships. Think people need to remember the resources that some teams have compared to others. Taylor-Smith has a multi year deal, Thompson is looking to continue and Boardley is still involved either as a driver or a TBL holder. What do they all know that others don't? Admittedly Thompson has been consistently quicker than his team mates all year, no one seems to notice that Ingram and Sutton have as well.
Old 10 Oct 2022, 19:34 (Ref:4129783)   #387
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Isn’t there an element of blame to be laid at his door.

After all he says “if you pay what I did, you get what I got” so he knows it’s cheap.
And there is an interesting description of a car that was being run by the same team last year for a drivers' title?
Old 10 Oct 2022, 19:41 (Ref:4129785)   #388
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Parfitt gives a scathing review of HARD!

https://www.reddit.com/r/btcc/commen...tm_name=iossmf

...also in a facebook video he pretty much confirms he won't be on the grid next year, unsurprisingly.
Something about that post seems odd.

It only shows as an image (not a thread) on my phone, and the username and avatar are not consistent with Rick's other online presence.
Old 10 Oct 2022, 20:03 (Ref:4129792)   #389
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

It only shows as an image (not a thread) on my phone, and the username and avatar are not consistent with Rick's other online presence.
Its a screenshot of a Facebook post, posted on Reddit.
Old 10 Oct 2022, 20:52 (Ref:4129795)   #390
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
isn't HARD considered the "entry level" of BTCC ? if you don't have money for a better team you go to HARD, you get what you paid for
Old 10 Oct 2022, 21:05 (Ref:4129796)   #391
CaptRustyNail
Racer

CaptRustyNail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at Rick's post suggests the same engine issue with the laser cars too? They were pretty awful most of the season and Laser admitted they didn't give the drivers what they deserved. But yeh, if you bring budget to Hard you will probably get the engineers and components, if you bring a basic budget you get what you are given. It must work as Hard have been in the championship god knows how many years yet the same debates always appear online...
Old 10 Oct 2022, 22:01 (Ref:4129807)   #392
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
And there is an interesting description of a car that was being run by the same team last year for a drivers' title?
How much involvement did HARD actually have in running the car? I mean the hands-on engineering bits rather than the logistics / garage space / hospitality bits.

Quote:

Name and avatar are from https://www.facebook.com/rickparfittjnrracing
Old 10 Oct 2022, 23:50 (Ref:4129814)   #393
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's always psychologically tough to go from being a big fish in a small pond (GT4) to being an also-ran in a much, much more competitive series.
Old 11 Oct 2022, 06:34 (Ref:4129831)   #394
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Parfitt might end up in TCR UK - although Lines told him the cars are too reliable for his liking
Old 11 Oct 2022, 06:41 (Ref:4129832)   #395
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
How much involvement did HARD actually have in running the car? I mean the hands-on engineering bits rather than the logistics / garage space / hospitality bits.
HARD have run all 3 Infinitis for the whole year. Last year Boardley ran his car and prepared it at his own premises.

It's not easy adapting from a big powered, high downforce GT car to a BTCC car, Rick himself has admitted that. And it's also not easy trying to fit in test dates and race weekends around a busy calendar of gigs.
Old 11 Oct 2022, 07:21 (Ref:4129833)   #396
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
HARD have run all 3 Infinitis for the whole year. Last year Boardley ran his car and prepared it at his own premises.

It's not easy adapting from a big powered, high downforce GT car to a BTCC car, Rick himself has admitted that. And it's also not easy trying to fit in test dates and race weekends around a busy calendar of gigs.
I thought Laser ran the two "Scottish" Infinitis from Livingston, pretty much after the first round of the season.
Old 11 Oct 2022, 07:40 (Ref:4129838)   #397
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An interesting article about ROKIT - seems like a very dodgy company and its in massive debt.

https://variety.com/2022/biz/news/ro...es-1235398095/

One does have to wonder how much longer they will be sponsoring racing teams.
Old 11 Oct 2022, 07:41 (Ref:4129839)   #398
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I thought Laser ran the two "Scottish" Infinitis from Livingston, pretty much after the first round of the season.
That was my understanding as well...
Old 11 Oct 2022, 07:42 (Ref:4129840)   #399
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
HARD have run all 3 Infinitis for the whole year.
Using the chief engineer that Sutton bought to the team, and took with him to Motorbase.
Old 11 Oct 2022, 08:07 (Ref:4129842)   #400
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
They've been up there a couple of times throughout the year but have been in Kent for the majority of the year