Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 24 Sep 2022, 15:26 (Ref:4127114)   #126
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's all cause some under sea level dweller cried about a storm headed his way so it moved. Although the better models have a much harder turn that the Atlanta area guys do, showing a bow over or south of Tampa and Jacksonville. It does that better, it doesn't, well joeb bring your shovel
Old 24 Sep 2022, 16:38 (Ref:4127120)   #127
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's a reason they call it "predicting weather". As much science that goes into it, there is still a level of uncertainty. I always approach the Petit with an attitude of "If it rains it rains" and whatever the conditions are, they are. A little rain always adds a little excitement and variability to the race.
Old 24 Sep 2022, 17:17 (Ref:4127130)   #128
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hope Ian steers more east for y'all. And for me. I won't be home and hate having the wife and kids solo during those things but yeah. Silent most of the season and then FU.
Old 24 Sep 2022, 17:28 (Ref:4127135)   #129
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Taking all the gear down from the loft and checking what I need to update. The grill getting a well deserved bath and scrub cause it's a BEAUTIFUL 70 in the shade

As long as it dries overnight Saturday and minimal wind, the wind is what really sucks and hate packing wet gear without a lot of room in the yard

And bringing my rain prevention dance 2 bales of wheat straw

I don't have a canopy for the fence now though so if joeb has one that fits in the car
Old 25 Sep 2022, 01:31 (Ref:4127208)   #130
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
It's all cause some under sea level dweller cried about a storm headed his way so it moved. Although the better models have a much harder turn that the Atlanta area guys do, showing a bow over or south of Tampa and Jacksonville. It does that better, it doesn't, well joeb bring your shovel
For your information my house is at a pleasant 40 ft above sea level sure a few hundred yards south that drops the 12 ft above sea level, but I'll take it!
Quote:
Taking all the gear down from the loft and checking what I need to update. The grill getting a well deserved bath and scrub cause it's a BEAUTIFUL 70 in the shade

As long as it dries overnight Saturday and minimal wind, the wind is what really sucks and hate packing wet gear without a lot of room in the yard

And bringing my rain prevention dance 2 bales of wheat straw

I don't have a canopy for the fence now though so if joeb has one that fits in the car
Unfortunately I do not own a pop up. If my foot wasn't broke I would volunteer to pick one up on my way but not sure I can handle any additional work at this point.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 02:39 (Ref:4127226)   #131
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is the closest I'll get to PLM this year. Drove I85 today
Old 25 Sep 2022, 04:01 (Ref:4127245)   #132
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've changed my tune about the forecast a little bit. But if there's anyone that I want to be stuck with under a canopy for hours on end, it's all y'all.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 13:06 (Ref:4127302)   #133
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Our hometown in FL just north of Tampa might get a direct hit, my weather concerns during the event now come solidly in second spot. My fingers will hurt from all the crossing they'll be doing....
Old 25 Sep 2022, 14:21 (Ref:4127325)   #134
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Our hometown in FL just north of Tampa might get a direct hit, my weather concerns during the event now come solidly in second spot. My fingers will hurt from all the crossing they'll be doing....
I hate it for you! It's looking pretty rough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I've changed my tune about the forecast a little bit. But if there's anyone that I want to be stuck with under a canopy for hours on end, it's all y'all.
Yeah, man. Not looking good ATM. Maybe he slows down a little....
Old 25 Sep 2022, 15:28 (Ref:4127339)   #135
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't walk anywhere anyways so it's okay if I just have to sit my ass next to the table full of Bourbon and a cooler full of beer all day long. Camping during a tropical storm might be more palatable than what I would be doing at home.

Plus I got a new raincoat so I'll be good.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 20:29 (Ref:4127411)   #136
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yup, gonna be a camp day Friday. Debating my junk canopy for the grill but figure it will fail and I'll be more angry.

Although WeatherBug is pushing for a repeat of 2009 and 15 for rain racing Petit. I just don't want to put away wet gear Sunday
Old 26 Sep 2022, 00:43 (Ref:4127429)   #137
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Yup, gonna be a camp day Friday. Debating my junk canopy for the grill but figure it will fail and I'll be more angry.

Although WeatherBug is pushing for a repeat of 2009 and 15 for rain racing Petit. I just don't want to put away wet gear Sunday
It won't rain as much as predicted the storm is going to fade to the East and will be on the west side which will be dryer by then.

Putting away wet gear does suck, but I have to do it every single year and then come home and open it all back up.
Old 26 Sep 2022, 00:45 (Ref:4127430)   #138
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
It won't rain as much as predicted the storm is going to fade to the East and will be on the west side which will be dryer by then.

Putting away wet gear does suck, but I have to do it every single year and then come home and open it all back up.
Oh and the most recent forecast has the storm moving back to the east stopping the westward swing of things.
Old 26 Sep 2022, 02:33 (Ref:4127439)   #139
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Further east could mean more rain pulling across from the Atlantic. One model has over Florida and to the Atlantic south, and one goes all the way to a loop over New Orleans. Rest want to visit Panhandle and Georgia. My family is Girl Scout camping that weekend so 100% screwed.
Old 26 Sep 2022, 13:10 (Ref:4127508)   #140
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Picked up the rental golf cart today. RV is packed and ready except for some minor items. Will be on the road tomorrow and hopefully at the gate sometime around 8:30am. Looking for some quiet time before the circus begins. Weather looks great until Friday. We'll see how it goes after that.
Old 26 Sep 2022, 13:12 (Ref:4127509)   #141
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
The 8am Monday morning forecast has continued to shift slightly to the east, which seems like good news, but then once Ian comes to Florida it straightens out and heads due north coming right at Georgia! Rainfall forecast from the storm from NHC only goes out through Thursday but doesn't have rain reaching north Georgia by then.

Old 26 Sep 2022, 13:49 (Ref:4127515)   #142
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been watching all the local Atlanta news this morning. All the forecasts are somewhat consistent. 'stuff' starting Friday night. Blowiness increasing on Saturday with 'stuff' amounts ranging from 2'' to 5'' on Saturday.
I hope this idiot storm takes some sort of track that lets North Georgia off the hook.
Old 26 Sep 2022, 14:08 (Ref:4127521)   #143
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Late last week and this past weekend was "Chamber of Commerce" weather. A little warm in the sun but otherwise perfect. No fun, boys!! There's still some time for a shift in track....
Old 26 Sep 2022, 14:52 (Ref:4127528)   #144
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
The high that was making the early forecast look good has been diminishing, that was pushing it east. Hopefully it rebuilds, last track from Peachtree City weather office was basically going to FoD residence and wind for Saturday

It will be my luck that it will rain later and be nasty Sunday morning. Nothing like a soaking wet tent to pack up
Old 26 Sep 2022, 15:38 (Ref:4127536)   #145
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
The high that was making the early forecast look good has been diminishing, that was pushing it east. Hopefully it rebuilds, last track from Peachtree City weather office was basically going to FoD residence and wind for Saturday

It will be my luck that it will rain later and be nasty Sunday morning. Nothing like a soaking wet tent to pack up
Except a soaked home on return which looks like a real possibility when we're able to return, hopefully on Sunday. We're just north of Tampa and it's starting to look more and more imminent our hometown area will be where landfall is gonna be made. Ugh!
Old 26 Sep 2022, 15:55 (Ref:4127539)   #146
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Except a soaked home on return which looks like a real possibility when we're able to return, hopefully on Sunday. We're just north of Tampa and it's starting to look more and more imminent our hometown area will be where landfall is gonna be made. Ugh!
I know how stressful that an be, i was out of town for Hurricane Gustov in 2008 and had some coastal evacuees staying at my house. We lost 15 trees and got a hole in the roof from that storm. Plus no power for 15 days of course.
Old 26 Sep 2022, 17:47 (Ref:4127549)   #147
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Of course, that was purely referring to the fun times problems. Reality sucks more and with far greater impact

Truck mostly loaded, coolers to be filled and on the road tomorrow in the am
And yes, the judge levee shovel has been added to the truck for diversion needs

Last edited by broadrun96; 26 Sep 2022 at 17:52.
Old 26 Sep 2022, 18:33 (Ref:4127555)   #148
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
IMSA and track already considering options for weather

https://racer.com/2022/09/26/imsa-ma...an-approaches/
Old 26 Sep 2022, 19:03 (Ref:4127560)   #149
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Delaying the race till Mon-Weds would kill us. No way we could stay that long as we've already made plans for those days. Sunday would work though.
Old 26 Sep 2022, 19:24 (Ref:4127566)   #150
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
IMSA and track already considering options for weather

https://racer.com/2022/09/26/imsa-ma...an-approaches/
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
Delaying the race till Mon-Weds would kill us. No way we could stay that long as we've already made plans for those days. Sunday would work though.
I don't believe anything will change other than it will run under caution often. The storm can still move but doubt the wind will be more than 10-15 at the track with maybe a couple inches of rain over 2 days.