Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Dec 2022, 21:24 (Ref:4137382)   #151
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
A new name on the entry list next season.

Welcome to the grid Fernando Alonso Diaz
I remember reading thatLewis was changing his name officially by deed poll to become Sir Lewis Hamilton-Larbalestier to reflect his Mothers Maiden name. Im not sure if it ever happened. Obviously not in F1 terms I guess.
Old 20 Dec 2022, 14:36 (Ref:4137677)   #152
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well now.

FIA in "Authoritarian crackdown" non-shocker.
Old 20 Dec 2022, 15:04 (Ref:4137681)   #153
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post

They don't want the feathers ruffled of certain partners/sponsors.
Old 20 Dec 2022, 15:26 (Ref:4137682)   #154
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I am not surprised. I figure they didn't want to loose the narrative as to what is being talked about during events. Meaning they want it to be 100% on F1. I wonder what a workable approach might be to this? I guess their answer is to get approval first.

Richard
Old 20 Dec 2022, 15:49 (Ref:4137684)   #155
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
They don't want the feathers ruffled of certain partners/sponsors.

Couldn’t have put it better myself
Old 21 Dec 2022, 00:07 (Ref:4137711)   #156
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Call it the Saudi Clause.
Although homophobia,climate change,Putin as well as every human rights issue you can think of is also off the agenda.
Pathetic by the FIA.How much of this comes down to friends of the new FIA head?
Old 21 Dec 2022, 00:24 (Ref:4137712)   #157
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Wonder if this would extend to their social media or just what they wear/say at race or sponsor events.
Old 21 Dec 2022, 00:49 (Ref:4137715)   #158
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Wonder if this would extend to their social media or just what they wear/say at race or sponsor events.
Right!

Not much to add other than saying I’m looking forward for the FIAs hard line back firing on them!
Old 21 Dec 2022, 04:20 (Ref:4137724)   #159
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to the 2023 Political Correctness World Championship Circus!
Old 21 Dec 2022, 08:14 (Ref:4137734)   #160
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Welcome to the 2023 Political Correctness World Championship Circus!
F1 in Moral fibre shock!
Old 21 Dec 2022, 09:20 (Ref:4137739)   #161
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Some great quotes from Mohammed Ben Sulayem on this topic.

- Now, Vettel drives a rainbow bicycle, Lewis [Hamilton] is passionate about human rights and [Lando] Norris addresses mental health,

I didn't realise mental health is such a massive political topic, Ben.

- Everybody has the right to think. To me, it is about deciding whether we should impose our believes [sic] in something over the sport all the time.

Ben is unhappy at believes being imposed on people, so is imposing a ban on people who think racism is bad.

Remember when the FIA banned jewellery and Lewis turned up with 3 watches and gold chains? I look forward to Lewis turning up to the first race in a bright rainbow suit and giant BLM top hat. The "wE rAcE aS oNe" nonsense before each race is going to look particularly hilarious now isn't it.

I think the GPDA needs a good old fashioned strike over this one.
Old 21 Dec 2022, 10:15 (Ref:4137747)   #162
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
F1 should not be political - well ok, but then why is it ok for some countries to directly fund and sponsort F1 races and use these races to promote an ideaised version of themselves? This is political

And for whataboutism in regards to European countries and their history - the countries do not directly fund the F1 races - the money are raised by private companies and maybe some small funding from the local council etc - so is not a political act from the European/North American countries

Would love first press event and all drivers reply to every question with "I cannot answer, it was not vetted by the FIA"
Old 21 Dec 2022, 10:46 (Ref:4137751)   #163
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Will Buxton made a very good point on Twitter, which I'll paraphrase:

The reason there are so many new fans who've stuck with F1 isn't solely because of Drive2Survive, it's because the drivers aren't just robots with no personality. They appeal to people. If that's taken away...
Old 21 Dec 2022, 11:20 (Ref:4137755)   #164
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hot take: People who care about human rights issues are not going to stop talking about human rights issues because the man who doesn't believe in human rights issues has told them to stop talking about human rights issues.
Old 21 Dec 2022, 22:53 (Ref:4137810)   #165
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Has anyone actually looked at the calendar the F1 circus visits each year?
Not sure 'human rights' is at the top of the agenda for the series...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 21 Dec 2022, 23:15 (Ref:4137812)   #166
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We are not allowed any Christmas decorations at work this year, because it may offend some people!

Good point about the F1 calendar GTRMagic!
Old 17 Jan 2023, 15:37 (Ref:4140418)   #167
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The cancelled Chinese Grand Prix will not be replaced this year.

"Formula 1 can confirm the 2023 season will consist of 23 races," a statement said.

"All existing race dates on the calendar remain unchanged."

Old 17 Jan 2023, 16:06 (Ref:4140422)   #168
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
no doubt readjusting travel and freight schedules would have been problematic but the hot take cynic in me thinks there is no replacement because no one wants to pay for the privilege?
Old 17 Jan 2023, 17:22 (Ref:4140436)   #169
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
no doubt readjusting travel and freight schedules would have been problematic but the hot take cynic in me thinks there is no replacement because no one wants to pay for the privilege?

Maybe a bit of both.

Rounds 1 to 6 make for a convoluted journey.
Old 17 Jan 2023, 23:32 (Ref:4140465)   #170
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Too many races anyway. Shame we have certain races instead of the likes of France and Portugal, which have proved more popular
Old 23 Jan 2023, 09:18 (Ref:4140989)   #171
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Or the Liberty mob are getting paid for not going.. as per the old days of Mr E.. so a replacement wont be needed to balance the books
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 23 Jan 2023, 09:28 (Ref:4140990)   #172
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Or the Liberty mob are getting paid for not going.. as per the old days of Mr E.. so a replacement wont be needed to balance the books
As a side matter - I wonder if the budget cap was agreed prior to the race being cancelled?
Old 23 Jan 2023, 10:34 (Ref:4140995)   #173
S griffin
Veteran

I assume they already set the budget cap prior to this year
Old 23 Jan 2023, 16:11 (Ref:4141017)   #174
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
As a side matter - I wonder if the budget cap was agreed prior to the race being cancelled?
just inferring from this but sounds like the cap has a (shockingly sensible) provision built in where the cap could go up or down based on the number of races over 21.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...xxw6r5yDS.html

This year, the figure has reduced to $140m, although there are some technicalities that mean the final figure stands at more than that. Given the impact of extra races on a team’s resources – not only financially but in terms of parts required too – there is a concession that every race over 21 in a season allows an increase of $1.2m to the cap, meaning that this season – when we’re set to have 23 races – the cap will officially sit at $142.4m.

i have read elsewhere the cap for 2023 is 135m so im not sure what the base line budget for 2023 was supposed to be.
Old 23 Jan 2023, 17:42 (Ref:4141030)   #175
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
just inferring from this but sounds like the cap has a (shockingly sensible) provision built in where the cap could go up or down based on the number of races over 21.
This is what I was getting at.

The cap is based on the amount of races in a season - so, if the cap was determined when the calendar was 24 races, has it been reduced since?
And if so, will teams already have committed to certain expenditure that needs to be reigned in?