Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Aug 2006, 01:51 (Ref:1679630)   #1
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tander and Skaife.

went to penrith holden (NSW) to meet skaife and tander after hearing they were going to be there from 6pm to 8pm tander was there but left at 7:15 (probablly due to a small crowd but he was very nice to me and the others)and skaife never turned up as i got there at 6:15 (but skaifey must of had other comitments im not going to hate him for it as i know he has a busy schedule and i have met him before and he was really nice).

it was funny GT's phone rang and i think it was leanne because he said "i'll be leaving soon and yes i will need some dinner" she seems like a loverly wife inbetween raceing herself she manages to cook and look after garth at race meetings unless it was his caterer.

but how tall is garth i am 170cm and i couldn't believe how much i had to look up to him.
Old 11 Aug 2006, 03:34 (Ref:1679660)   #2
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leanne Tander lost my respect a bit when I saw her dressed as Elizabeth Taylor at QR, breathing into her hands like she was awaiting news on her husband at war.
Old 11 Aug 2006, 03:54 (Ref:1679670)   #3
saliv8
Rookie

saliv8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
breathing into her hands like she was awaiting news on her husband at war.
he was at war at QR......fighting for the red coats against the blue coats
Old 11 Aug 2006, 05:32 (Ref:1679689)   #4
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Skaife/Tander/Small crowd. Seems about right
Old 11 Aug 2006, 06:56 (Ref:1679716)   #5
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
Leanne Tander lost my respect a bit when I saw her dressed as Elizabeth Taylor at QR, breathing into her hands like she was awaiting news on her husband at war.

That's a classic!
Old 11 Aug 2006, 07:06 (Ref:1679721)   #6
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

BTW I think Tander is about 185 or 190... He sure is a big bloke. No wonder Bargs didn't want to drive with him at Bathurst...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 11 Aug 2006, 07:29 (Ref:1679731)   #7
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So you're saying maybe I should shut up about his dear wife then...
Old 11 Aug 2006, 07:48 (Ref:1679741)   #8
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
So you're saying maybe I should shut up about his dear wife then...
Don't worry Rotor I'll baby sit ya....I'm around his size.....but he's a real nice guy to talk to.

eta...Brad Jones take note of this... ;-/

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 11 Aug 2006, 08:18 (Ref:1679759)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The V8 drivers are all shorter than me

These guys have different priorities to you and I. The promotional stuff can get boring I am sure, but in the end, the drivers (some) are obscenely well paid, and shouldnt be showing their disinterest to the public, even if it isnt something they want to do.

If it doesnt interrupr their racing schedule, they should probably just grin and bear it.. just like that smiley fella from Queensland always does... and that old bloke from Victoria still does as well...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Aug 2006, 08:19 (Ref:1679760)   #10
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters

BTW I think Tander is about 185 or 190... He sure is a big bloke. No wonder Bargs didn't want to drive with him at Bathurst...
Garth is a about 2" shorter than me, I would guess 190, pretty trim though, I would guess only about 80kg. Leanne is about 160-5 and I reckon about 45-50 kg, wet... in full race gear.
And yes they are nice, last couple of years Leanne was doing State Champs in Vic and NSW and (when there wasn't a clash) GT was always there, getting his hands dirty and happy to have a chat about real racing.
Old 11 Aug 2006, 09:31 (Ref:1679801)   #11
Erki
Racer

Estonia
Tartu, Estonia
Erki has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
v8supercar.com.au gives that GT is 192cm.
Damn, I lost only by 1 cm :P
Old 11 Aug 2006, 10:15 (Ref:1679825)   #12
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
192cm, wow no wonder he looked tall when I saw him last, pretty scary considering I'm only 149cm and no smart remarks about flat heads either you lot
Old 11 Aug 2006, 11:58 (Ref:1679902)   #13
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What was Skaifey's reason for missing, as this is Sydney only supertaxi race I would of thought that Skaifey would of attended his appearence commitments. I think it is pretty poor on MS for not turning up. And I am a Skaifey fan.IMO.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 11 Aug 2006, 12:09 (Ref:1679911)   #14
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri
192cm, wow no wonder he looked tall when I saw him last, pretty scary considering I'm only 149cm and no smart remarks about flat heads either you lot
Kerri, are remarks about having no teeth allowed?
Old 11 Aug 2006, 13:56 (Ref:1680019)   #15
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is always one st
Old 14 Aug 2006, 03:11 (Ref:1681725)   #16
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erki
v8supercar.com.au gives that GT is 192cm.
Damn, I lost only by 1 cm :P
Well at least I still have 3 cm on him, unfortunatly I also have 20kg, and it "ain't all muscle"

TSR Agree, Drivers are supposed to be professional and this includes sponsor commitments, it is a decency thing
Old 14 Aug 2006, 05:48 (Ref:1681764)   #17
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
The V8 drivers are all shorter than me

These guys have different priorities to you and I. The promotional stuff can get boring I am sure, but in the end, the drivers (some) are obscenely well paid, and shouldnt be showing their disinterest to the public, even if it isnt something they want to do.

If it doesnt interrupr their racing schedule, they should probably just grin and bear it.. just like that smiley fella from Queensland always does... and that old bloke from Victoria still does as well...
I tell you anyone that was at OP yesterday getting signatures from Richo would know he was in a bit of a hurry...

Supposed to be there for half an hour, he and Dumbrell turn up 10 minutes late, and stay for only 15 minutes... Yep good way to keep your supporters happy...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 14 Aug 2006, 05:59 (Ref:1681770)   #18
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notso Swift
Well at least I still have 3 cm on him, unfortunatly I also have 20kg, and it "ain't all muscle"
Hey Notso...do what I do...you get one of those ideal Height to Weight charts and check your Weight of to see how Tall you should be...I only have to GROW another 3 inches....not too sure how long that wiil take though...

...and no smart comments about growing a brain either because I'm doing that as well...

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 14 Aug 2006, 06:07 (Ref:1681777)   #19
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Old 14 Aug 2006, 12:40 (Ref:1682142)   #20
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri
Does your Dad own a pub Kerri?
Old 14 Aug 2006, 23:56 (Ref:1682708)   #21
woodbine
Veteran

Australia
Peterborough
woodbine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro
Hey Notso...do what I do...you get one of those ideal Height to Weight charts and check your Weight of to see how Tall you should be...I only have to GROW another 3 inches....not too sure how long that wiil take though...
It's easy. Do what I saw a woman doing in my local shopping centre. Get on one of those machines that measure height and weight wearing 3" high heels.
Old 15 Aug 2006, 01:05 (Ref:1682740)   #22
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR
What was Skaifey's reason for missing, as this is Sydney only supertaxi race I would of thought that Skaifey would of attended his appearence commitments. I think it is pretty poor on MS for not turning up. And I am a Skaifey fan.IMO.
He must have been getting the cheque for $1.00 off Tom. Business comes
1st.
Old 15 Aug 2006, 01:42 (Ref:1682754)   #23
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
Does your Dad own a pub Kerri?
No he was a jockey, I guess that will start up a whole new one now
Old 15 Aug 2006, 03:19 (Ref:1682792)   #24
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbine
It's easy. Do what I saw a woman doing in my local shopping centre. Get on one of those machines that measure height and weight wearing 3" high heels.
Yeah cross dressing...never thought of that one...retro's Cross Dressing Diet....do you think that would get into the Womans Weekly.

Old 15 Aug 2006, 03:29 (Ref:1682800)   #25
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
My grandad was 6' 6"... Then again he only got that tall just before he died. Which means Tander can still get taller <oh my god...>.