Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Jul 2022, 11:23 (Ref:4118305)   #2226
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Silverstone. Late 50s very early 60s.
Old 5 Jul 2022, 11:25 (Ref:4118306)   #2227
lotustwincam
Rookie

United Kingdom
lotustwincam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
100e looks to have the later 57 on rear lamps.
Old 5 Jul 2022, 20:24 (Ref:4118366)   #2228
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Not even the white car in the backgound? Mifgetman!
To be fair, I didn't say I don't know any more, just I'm not saying any more.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 18 Jul 2022, 03:20 (Ref:4119769)   #2229
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As you cannot go out in the heat wave, why not stay home and work on this simple puzzle?
Name these six ex-F1 World Champions. (All images from the internet)
Attached Thumbnails
EXWC 1.jpg   EXWC 2.jpg   EXWC 4.jpg  

EXWC 6.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 18 Jul 2022, 07:26 (Ref:4119771)   #2230
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Im looking for the sneaky catch. Email sent anyway.
Old 18 Jul 2022, 09:00 (Ref:4119782)   #2231
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think I got the catch, will see I'm right....
Old 18 Jul 2022, 12:13 (Ref:4119800)   #2232
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Whay a reputation I appear to have on this forum, there I was delighted to have posed a question that someone knew the answer to immediately, craking the problem of 'nil points' usually attributed to my posts here.

Now my day has been ruined.
Old 18 Jul 2022, 12:16 (Ref:4119801)   #2233
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Whay a reputation I appear to have on this forum, there I was delighted to have posed a question that someone knew the answer to immediately, craking the problem of 'nil points' usually attributed to my posts here.

Now my day has been ruined.
I was looking for anagrams of those names initials to see if I could come up with a bonus / extra WDC. Even tried with the first letters of their respective countries
Old 18 Jul 2022, 12:53 (Ref:4119804)   #2234
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I was looking for anagrams of those names initials to see if I could come up with a bonus / extra WDC. Even tried with the first letters of their respective countries
Having decided the average IQ amongst participants in the puzzles, was not as high as had assumed, I lowered the threshold of 'difficulty', to reflect this, however, I underestimated the larynthine ninds of certain individuals.
Old 18 Jul 2022, 13:52 (Ref:4119809)   #2235
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
I underestimated the larynthine minds of certain individuals.
Pot - kettle - black springs to mind....
Old 18 Jul 2022, 14:11 (Ref:4119811)   #2236
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hey it’s still good fun the puzzles on here. Look forward to more
Old 19 Jul 2022, 06:23 (Ref:4119861)   #2237
bauble
Veteran

England
Hi Bauble, the answers are as follows. (Hopefully in the correct order !).
1. Phil Hill
2. Alan Jones
3. Mario Andretti
4. Denny Hulme
5. Keke Rosberg
6. Jody Scheckter

Here are the answers to the last puzzle, as provided by EB, and Cheddars.

Well done lads, at last I found success.
Old 20 Jul 2022, 16:34 (Ref:4119952)   #2238
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
So the right answer could be either PAMDKJ or HJAHRS?

Well this is puzzling!
Old 21 Jul 2022, 18:10 (Ref:4120058)   #2239
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!

My first is a real first but comes second.

My second is first.

My third is for you.

My fourth seconds my first.

My fifth is a right angle.
My sixth is a straight shaft with three parallel and uneven branches.

Who am I?
Old 21 Jul 2022, 18:44 (Ref:4120064)   #2240
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who am I?

Bauble.

Because I didn't understand his quizzes either

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 21 Jul 2022, 18:47 (Ref:4120066)   #2241
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Good one, Max!
Old 24 Jul 2022, 07:31 (Ref:4120320)   #2242
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm just confused ..... nothing new there, though
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 24 Jul 2022, 18:13 (Ref:4120388)   #2243
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Sorry John, it was just a smile throned like a bottle at see.

Good to see the thread re-opened, thanks.
Old 24 Dec 2023, 18:27 (Ref:4189796)   #2244
bauble
Veteran

England
No clues RBS, it is either dead easy or nigh on impossible.! (you did ask)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1507.JPG   1f8c6a56fcd3e90f6a8a78eac9d4a55b.jpg   racefansdotnet-21-05-16-23-55-52-1-1536x1024.jpg  

IMG_5796.JPG   R.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 24 Dec 2023, 20:02 (Ref:4189800)   #2245
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wooohooo What a great Xmas present.... a picture puzzle from Bob.

Thanks .

PM sent.

Last edited by E.B; 24 Dec 2023 at 20:08.
Old 24 Dec 2023, 20:16 (Ref:4189801)   #2246
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pathetic answers in PM, good to see you back Mr B.
Old 25 Dec 2023, 09:05 (Ref:4189843)   #2247
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great Christmas Present, PM sent.
Old 25 Dec 2023, 10:27 (Ref:4189846)   #2248
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
As you cannot go out in the heat wave, why not stay home and work on this simple puzzle?
Name these six ex-F1 World Champions. (All images from the internet)
That was difficult .?
Old 25 Dec 2023, 10:47 (Ref:4189849)   #2249
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No clues RBS, it is either dead easy or nigh on impossible.! (you did ask)
At last….time for me to show off my superior knowledge again!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 25 Dec 2023, 15:03 (Ref:4189857)   #2250
S griffin
Veteran

Great to have this back to test our brains