Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Jun 2022, 05:55 (Ref:4114135)   #26
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I know. It’s all very to have that sort of entertainment alongside the event to add to it, but it shouldn’t be a priority. Quite frankly Liberty need to stop and take a breath and realise that the bubble will burst if it’s not careful. They are going far away from what the fans want. Also having over 20 races is ludicrous. F1 doesn’t add by having more GPs, but by having GPs where there’s local interest, rather than where the money
That is the traditional European view and dare I say it also the British view because the management was Euro/British centric. That has swung totally to the US view of entertainment always comes first and the sport side a long last and Liberty saw the potential of moving to entertainment and attracting a vast new audience. I bet they are not worried at all by losing the traditional rusted on fans whose demographic is of an older era, they want to shift that to new long term younger fans who are digital users.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 13:23 (Ref:4114204)   #27
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Going to a race is expensive so im totally ok with value added options that provide more value and entertainment for those who show up live. My experience of US sporting events are the fan experience aspects to major events with the more enjoyable ones geared towards providing family experiences.

While the parties are great for the corporate mob, long term development involves giving people reasons to bring their kids out imo….so not sure which direction liberty will go, parties or families but I suspect it will be luxury boxes and corporate hospitality as they (I believe) keep that money.

Also don’t know how special any of it is when they they have so many races though? The Super bowl is great but that’s because it’s a once a year thing. You have one every weekend and people will lose interest.

17 races a year with a rotating calendar would be more my liking.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 13:43 (Ref:4114209)   #28
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's if the younger fans stay with the sport.

TBH at Spa and Abu Dhabi last year Liberty proved they don't really need to run a race as we know it. TV ratings were high, Netflix figures through the roof, social media still buzzing today. No need for the inconvenience of racing cars when there are TV stars to be made!

</joke>

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 15 Jun 2022, 22:43 (Ref:4115823)   #29
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Most of the reported entertainment is of the variety that would put me off going to the race, if it wasn't for the fact F1 has already done that. Make the racing better and less predictable, that's all I need.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 00:39 (Ref:4115829)   #30
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Melbourne extended to 2035.
F2 and F3 will have rounds there starting next year.
Guarantee of at least 5 first rounds during the contract with 2024 and2025 being the first of those.
Who hoo!
Old 16 Jun 2022, 00:50 (Ref:4115831)   #31
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
F2 and F3 will have rounds there starting next year.
Guarantee of at least 5 first rounds during the contract with 2024 and2025 being the first of those.
Who hoo!
Noice!!

Good on all concerned, some very positive news - like the F2 & F3 - that's quite a big deal to bring them all the way down here.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 07:18 (Ref:4115841)   #32
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
F2/F3 utterly moronic and going to cause so many problems. Powers that be unlikely to give a shiny though.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 07:21 (Ref:4115842)   #33
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
F2/F3 utterly moronic and going to cause so many problems. Powers that be unlikely to give a shiny though.
Why is it moronic?
Old 16 Jun 2022, 07:44 (Ref:4115849)   #34
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Team travel, logistics, budget you name it. It’s hard enough to find and keep staff as it is.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 08:14 (Ref:4115854)   #35
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'm glad Oz will stay on the calendar for some time. After being off the calendar for two years, there were some doubting if it would ever come back, but now not only is it back, but it's place is secure too. However I'm not sure about putting F2 and F3 on the support bill
Old 16 Jun 2022, 09:34 (Ref:4115865)   #36
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Team travel, logistics, budget you name it. It’s hard enough to find and keep staff as it is.
I would be pretty sure the costs have been taken care of.The teams will come straight from the Middle East so will be halfway here already.
These series have been largely Euro based but this is going to become harder.The only Euro F1 GP’s next year will be Italyx2,Spain,Great Britain,Netherlands,Hungary,Austria and one of Monaco or Belgium.With only 8 of 24 races in Europe there will have to be F2/3 races outside Europe,
Old 16 Jun 2022, 09:41 (Ref:4115866)   #37
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
I would be pretty sure the costs have been taken care of.The teams will come straight from the Middle East so will be halfway here already.
These series have been largely Euro based but this is going to become harder.The only Euro F1 GP’s next year will be Italyx2,Spain,Great Britain,Netherlands,Hungary,Austria and one of Monaco or Belgium.With only 8 of 24 races in Europe there will have to be F2/3 races outside Europe,
SOME of the costs will have been covered. Staffing is a nightmare in these series due to the massive gaps etc.

Thanks for pointing out there are more than enough Euro races for the whole F3 championship though.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 14:31 (Ref:4115902)   #38
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
thats the take away for me. nice to have more support races for those that attend in person, always a nice value added. a bit curious to see if it provides a draw or a distraction to those who preferred the supercars series there.

regardless though, awesome that Malborne has kept the race and hopefully the economic impact of the race helps that community...although i cant imagine what the year 2035 sanctioning fee will be like!

did Oz get a good deal before double digit inflation gets hardwired into every contract or did Liberty set the bar even higher for whatthe so called 'traditional' circuits will be expected to have to pay if they want to stay in the show for the next decade to come?

also fun to imagine what the cars will be like in 2035!

where we're going we dont need roads!
Old 16 Jun 2022, 21:32 (Ref:4115977)   #39
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
thats the take away for me. nice to have more support races for those that attend in person, always a nice value added. a bit curious to see if it provides a draw or a distraction to those who preferred the supercars series there.

regardless though, awesome that Malborne has kept the race and hopefully the economic impact of the race helps that community...although i cant imagine what the year 2035 sanctioning fee will be like!

did Oz get a good deal before double digit inflation gets hardwired into every contract or did Liberty set the bar even higher for whatthe so called 'traditional' circuits will be expected to have to pay if they want to stay in the show for the next decade to come?

also fun to imagine what the cars will be like in 2035!

where we're going we dont need roads!
Supercars will still be on the program.They are contracted for the next 3 years and issued a press release yesterday saying they are in negotiations to extend this.
If the race is held out of daylight saving they can schedule 3 support classes.In daylight saving 4 classes.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 23:22 (Ref:4115983)   #40
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
How predictably insular
Old 17 Jun 2022, 02:12 (Ref:4115990)   #41
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:

Thanks for pointing out there are more than enough Euro races for the whole F3 championship though.
What Skam85 said in the post above.
Old 17 Jun 2022, 05:05 (Ref:4115997)   #42
peebee2
Veteran

No not really. I just know what a nightmare for teams it will be. And pushes budgets still higher.
Old 17 Jun 2022, 05:16 (Ref:4115998)   #43
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
No not really. I just know what a nightmare for teams it will be. And pushes budgets still higher.
Depends on the deal that's been done to some extent - if freight & travel costs are covered by Liberty / promoter it may not impact budget so much and does provide sponsor exposure in an additional market. As an example, when Supercars do offshore races, freight & personnel travel / accom are paid for and not a team cost.

Totally understand that it's a big change for the teams, heading further afield but they're already doing "flyaways" so do at least know how to handle the logistics.
Old 17 Jun 2022, 05:40 (Ref:4115999)   #44
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Depends on the deal that's been done to some extent - if freight & travel costs are covered by Liberty / promoter it may not impact budget so much and does provide sponsor exposure in an additional market. As an example, when Supercars do offshore races, freight & personnel travel / accom are paid for and not a team cost.

Totally understand that it's a big change for the teams, heading further afield but they're already doing "flyaways" so do at least know how to handle the logistics.
Good post.

Core travel and freight costs will be covered. It’s always the ‘little’ extras that add up massively though.
Old 17 Jun 2022, 07:50 (Ref:4116022)   #45
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'm glad to see that the Supercars will continue to support the GP
Old 17 Jun 2022, 11:06 (Ref:4116055)   #46
peebee2
Veteran

Supercars was always continuing for now as they have 3 years left in existing contract.

As expected a lot of unhappiness in F2/F3 world right now with this new thing for them.