Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you think should get it?
Alexander Albon 0 0%
Nicholas Latifi 0 0%
Sebastian Vettel 0 0%
Lance Stroll 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Mick Schumacher 5 12.20%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Zhou Guanyu 0 0%
Charles Leclerc 2 4.88%
Carlos Sainz 18 43.90%
Max Verstapppen 0 0%
Sergio Pérez 7 17.07%
George Russell 1 2.44%
Lewis Hamilton 7 17.07%
Pierre Gasly 0 0%
Yuki Tsunoda 0 0%
Lando Norris 1 2.44%
Daniel Ricciardo 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 0 0%
Esteban Ocon 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Jul 2022, 08:51 (Ref:4117880)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: British Grand Prix 2022

Who do you think should get it?
Old 3 Jul 2022, 16:24 (Ref:4117966)   #2
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sainz for me. 150th grand prix = 1st win. Great stuff from Perez, Hamilton, LeClerc, and hat tip to Alonso and Norris for tussling at the end too.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 16:27 (Ref:4117967)   #3
TuteZaek
Racer

TuteZaek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sainz, ofc, first victory in a somewhat hard season for him.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 16:37 (Ref:4117972)   #4
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Checo, for coming back from dead last (on track) to take second place.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 16:53 (Ref:4117976)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That Mercedes Benz is still a slug in a straight line compared to its all red and all blue compatriots…
Somehow the bouncy bouncy forgot to come along this weekend..
And we shouldn’t talk of ifs/buts/maybes..
yet there was a slow stop.. again..

Love seeing a car beying pushed beyond beyond to pass cars that are usually faster..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 Jul 2022, 16:58 (Ref:4117980)   #6
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
A few candidates.

Not sure about Sainz - he was only really in charge at the very end. Before that it was the usual Sainz (mistakes and slower than Leclerc).

Perez' comeback was epic, and the damage wasn't really his fault.

I'll give it to Mick though for staying out of trouble but also giving it a go and proving the doubters wrong.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 17:10 (Ref:4117984)   #7
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau2 View Post
A few candidates.

Not sure about Sainz - he was only really in charge at the very end. Before that it was the usual Sainz (mistakes and slower than Leclerc).

Perez' comeback was epic, and the damage wasn't really his fault.

I'll give it to Mick though for staying out of trouble but also giving it a go and proving the doubters wrong.

Ditto.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 17:48 (Ref:4117995)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Could have gone to Sainz for his win and first one at that but it was not a perfect race for him, Lewis for a great race and some fine scraps, Perez for an amazing comeback from early problems but for me Mick schumacher for getting ssome points and showing that he can race with the best of them
Old 3 Jul 2022, 19:08 (Ref:4118013)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Has to be Sainz for me after his performance yesterday and grabbing victory from the jaws of defeat today. First victory and all that justifies it for me. But kudos to Charles who would have won if he'd been brought in for the softs too and to Checo for a great drive from the back and Mick for scoring his first points. And of course to Lewis who gave his legions of fans at Silverstone plenty to cheer about.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 21:31 (Ref:4118074)   #10
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Plenty of good choices this week. I voted Perez, but could have picked any of 5 or 6 drivers.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 21:57 (Ref:4118084)   #11
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So many options to choose from:
Leclerc, was looking in good shape and was unlucky with the safety car, and the pass at Copse was mega.
Perez, recovered from the early damage and got seriously stuck in in the last 10 laps.
Verstappen, was probably going to run away and hide, but car intervened so we'll never really know.
Hamilton, for an unrelenting chase of the Ferraris and some thrilling wheel-to-wheel racing near the end.

But I gave my vote to Carlos Sainz because he's such a nice bloke and today gave me the excuse to do it. It wasn't a perfect performance today but the qually yesterday was impressive, he was very assertive in how he was going to run his race, he joined in the elbows-out stuff at both ends of the race, and he got his maiden F1 win. What's not to like?
Old 3 Jul 2022, 22:23 (Ref:4118090)   #12
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Many to choose from this time, as others have said. Was a coin toss for me between Checo and Carlos - but the smooth operator gets my vote, really pleased for him that he's now a Grand Prix winner.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 04:27 (Ref:4118108)   #13
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sainz for me, kudos to Mick, Lewis and Sergio. Glad to see Zhou walking around during the podium festivities.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 09:06 (Ref:4118140)   #14
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sainz for me, with kudos to Perez and Schu.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 17:17 (Ref:4118239)   #15
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There where some exceptional drives in this race, and it's really hard to pick out one vote on this one.

Alonso was very much himself, and I loved seeing him tussle with the top in the last few laps. A bit sad that he was fighting a McLaren instead of driving one. He took that car further than it should, like so often before.

I loved to see Latifi fight up there in the top ten. I think Magnussen and Schumacher did great to finally get both cars in the points.

Good work by Verstappen to bring the car home and take points which will make a difference.

Impressive work by Leclerc, but I must say he is too often involved in accidents and stupid moves. Has he not grown out of them, yet?

Awesome work by Perez to claw himself up from the bottom.

Hamilton drove on the fuel of a cheering crowd and it was heartwarming so see.

Norris brought some joy to a McLaren fan, and his star is shining brighter every day.

The smooth operator finally got his win, I only wish he had been in an orange car still.

Damn hard to make a choice.

I will go with Checo, for preserving through.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 18:02 (Ref:4118244)   #16
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How happy I am to see Carlos win this race! I have become a fan of that very likeable driver for a while now, and to see him take a win and his team to make it happen is great.

I really don't think I would have been happier with any other driver on the top step on the podium.
Old 5 Jul 2022, 17:53 (Ref:4118353)   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sainz for breaking his duck and did so in a way where he reached out and took what was coming to him...much respect for that!

but im going Ham sandwich! maybe its just a nostalgia vote and even though the first start didnt really count, his move there was absolutely brilliant (as was Latifi's it must be said) and Ham in the end the slicing and dicing with Perez made the race for me.

also kudos to old man Alonso for sticking his nose into that late battle.

seeing the two dads during the podium was nice touch.

love how tom cruise was getting in on those hugs as well!
Old 6 Jul 2022, 08:42 (Ref:4118395)   #18
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Although I'm very pleased for Sainz breaking his duck, I'm going to give it to Hamilton. With an improved car he was on it all weekend and deserved that podium. And after the abuse he got from a certain former champion, that was the perfect response

Special kudos to Russell for his selfless act of going to see Zhou, which cost him his chance to take the restart
Old 8 Jul 2022, 10:48 (Ref:4118645)   #19
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Plenty of candidates, but I thought I'd show some love to Lando Norris here. He is making Ricciardo look more than ordinary, and Ricciardo used to keep Verstappen honest.