Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you think it should get?
10 10 23.81%
9 16 38.10%
8 12 28.57%
7 3 7.14%
6 1 2.38%
5 0 0%
4 0 0%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4 Jul 2022, 10:23 (Ref:4118156)   #26
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Are you saying news should have been released to the public more quickly then? I confess to not really knowing how it could have been quicker.
Zhou was obviously talking to the marshals and medics so they could've simply released that info and stated the obvious of the car is in a difficult position to get him out.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 10:31 (Ref:4118157)   #27
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
Zhou was obviously talking to the marshals and medics so they could've simply released that info and stated the obvious of the car is in a difficult position to get him out.
I think everyone involved was more focused on actually dealing with the driver and incident, rather than releasing information to the public.

I have no issue with a marshal or medic (or team, fellow driver, official etc) concentrating on handling the situation first. The updates to the public can come later.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 10:34 (Ref:4118159)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
Well, from what I heard, they said at quite an early point that he remained conscious and was being extracted. I'm not sure what else could have been broadcast, to be honest.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 11:36 (Ref:4118177)   #29
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Plus, as I've just been reminded in another thread, although Zhou's accident appeared to be very serious (and therefore was my main focus of attention) Alex Albon also required medical attention too.
I though that the tactful way it was handled (by Channel 4 anyway, that's where I was watching) was very well done.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 11:52 (Ref:4118181)   #30
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Well, from what I heard, they said at quite an early point that he remained conscious and was being extracted. I'm not sure what else could have been broadcast, to be honest.

I watched the race live and there was no news for about 15 minutes, at which point it was announced Zhou had been extracted and was on a stretcher.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 12:44 (Ref:4118190)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I watched the race live and there was no news for about 15 minutes, at which point it was announced Zhou had been extracted and was on a stretcher.
Yep, bearing in mind the severity of the accident and the complexity of the extraction, that seems perfectly reasonable to me....
Old 4 Jul 2022, 13:32 (Ref:4118195)   #32
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, that was something, wasn't it?

I thought the last 10 laps where fantastic, and apart from the crash the first few laps was nerve wracking as well. In the middle there where maybe a little less to look at, but I was entertained. I think that the feeling of the place, and the crowd really came through in the Sky broadcast, and made it something special as well. F1 did start here, and it felt magical at Silverstone this time.

A 9 for me. Not a 10 you say? No, when McLaren win it will be a 10.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 14:03 (Ref:4118201)   #33
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yep, bearing in mind the severity of the accident and the complexity of the extraction, that seems perfectly reasonable to me....

At the time, it seemed a darn sight longer.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 14:32 (Ref:4118207)   #34
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
And as well as treating the accident well they also made sure the protesters got mentioned without giving them the attention they were trying to get.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 17:16 (Ref:4118238)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
At the time, it seemed a darn sight longer.
I confess it didn't really to me. I knew we wouldn't have any real news for some time
Old 5 Jul 2022, 17:47 (Ref:4118352)   #36
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i gave it a 10. not including the incidents but plenty of action, crowd was awesome, marshals, medical, race officials were top quality, actual FOM feed did a great job to not showing the incident until it was known that everyone was safe, cleared out the unruly fans without any fuss, last 10 laps was epic, came under the time limit, very much OK with how they lined up the cars for the first restart...honestly no complaints at all.

the gold standard for F1 events really!
Old 6 Jul 2022, 08:46 (Ref:4118396)   #37
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
8. Easily the best GP so far this year. Helped us forget the awful accident at the original start

It had quite a lot. Four or five drivers in contention for a win at various points, loads of close battles, plenty of dramatic twist and turns throughout and finally a first time winner who'd been knocking on the door often enough. Plus nice to see a couple of other firsts. Latifi's first Q3 appearance and Schumi's first point

And things like Vettel driving Mansell's title winning car just added to a great weekend.