Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28 Feb 2014, 16:04 (Ref:3373235)   #11
Mogger
Rookie

England
UK and Australia
Mogger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have received two invitations to renew HTPs for my two race cars. I have emailed Mr Duncan (technical@msauk.org) to say "No Thanks" much along the lines of the Motorsport article.

You maybe interested that my FIVA card to do the MM cost £90-£115 and lasts 10 years. HTP papers cost £405-£930 and last 5 years and in truth are only needed for LM and Spa.

Who mentioned profiteering???

The chap that does the FIVA cards is also one of the chaps that does the HTP inspection!! How does that work??

The 'old' HTPs will remain with my cars and as the spec hasn't changed / can't change will be there at some time in the future for the new owner to fork out money to register his name against. The notion that renewing HTPs protects your investment is nonsense. The current HTPs show that the car is compliant so once on record, are current forever.....that is, unless you change the spec....but then it shouldn't have had HTPs in the first place!!

Rant over.