Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 22 Aug 2001, 16:46 (Ref:134313)   #1
Paddock Spy
Rookie

Paddock Spy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Idiot In Parc Ferme - Who Was He?

Not too sure what coverage Eurosport gave, but did anyone else see the idiot that entered Parc Ferme after the Hungaroring race. Not too sure who he is, although I have seen him hanging around the F3000 paddock over the course of the season. Everytime I see him he is giving his card to a driver, so perhaps he is one of these 48 hour flash in the pan driver managers on the lookout for a quick 10% before he returns to selling photocopiers.
Well, this guy entered Parc Ferme to speak with Wilson and could have easily lost the team it's points from the race win. Jeez - if the FIA must give out passes to these people perhaps they should issue a guide book with them. Whoever he was, let's hope he is nowhere near Parc Ferme if Justin wins the championship in Belgium or he could quickly become the first British driver to win and then lose the F3000 championship in a day!
Old 25 Aug 2001, 09:03 (Ref:135625)   #2
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Idiot In Parc Ferme - Who Was He?

Quote:
Originally posted by Paddock Spy
Well, this guy entered Parc Ferme to speak with Wilson and could have easily lost the team it's points from the race win.
How? What did he do?
Old 25 Aug 2001, 20:25 (Ref:135810)   #3
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please do enlighten, Paddock Spy. As I wasn't able to watch the race live, only highlights, what happened?
Old 25 Aug 2001, 20:58 (Ref:135822)   #4
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Idiot In Parc Ferme - Who Was He?
It was me. Ok, not really
Old 28 Aug 2001, 13:59 (Ref:137059)   #5
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Idiot In Parc Ferme - Who Was He?

Quote:
Originally posted by Paddock Spy
Not too sure what coverage Eurosport gave, but did anyone else see the idiot that entered Parc Ferme after the Hungaroring race. Not too sure who he is, although I have seen him hanging around the F3000 paddock over the course of the season. Everytime I see him he is giving his card to a driver, so perhaps he is one of these 48 hour flash in the pan driver managers on the lookout for a quick 10% before he returns to selling photocopiers.
Well, this guy entered Parc Ferme to speak with Wilson and could have easily lost the team it's points from the race win. Jeez - if the FIA must give out passes to these people perhaps they should issue a guide book with them. Whoever he was, let's hope he is nowhere near Parc Ferme if Justin wins the championship in Belgium or he could quickly become the first British driver to win and then lose the F3000 championship in a day!
Unless he is an official, he should not have been there!

PARC FERME

150) Only those officials charged with supervision may enter the parc fermé. No intervention of any kind is allowed there unless authorised by such officials.

151) When the parc fermé is in use, parc fermé regulations will apply in the area between the Line and the parc fermé entrance.

152) The parc fermé shall be sufficiently large and secure that no unauthorised persons can gain access to it.
Old 3 Sep 2001, 10:46 (Ref:140534)   #6
speedy
Rookie

speedy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know this subject is 2 weeks old now but, having had a look at the pictures from Parc Ferme, the chap (No names) who spoke to Justin after the race was trying to give him his original race suit with the correct sponsors on for the podium (He broke his zip just before the race and raced in his old suit) Correct me if I,m wrong Paddock Spy!!
Old 4 Sep 2001, 19:20 (Ref:141278)   #7
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm... interesting explanation! But according to the Spaddock Pie he's been "hanging around the F3000 paddock over the course of the season", and giving his card! Perhaps a clothes manufacturer, or better yet, a zip manufacturer trying to give the guys a better deal...
Old 5 Sep 2001, 08:07 (Ref:141590)   #8
mhope
Rookie

mhope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was the idiot in Parc Ferme after the race in Hungary.

Immediately before the race the zip on Justin's overalls broke and he had to put on a back-up uniform that had incorrect sponsors and logos. Chris Mower told me about the problem and we agreed with Justin that if he ended up on the podium, I would bring the correct overalls (with the zip somewhat repaired) to him and he could try to change prior to going onto the podium.

Of course, Justin won the race so I was waiting outside of the gate to the Parc Ferme to give him the overalls. I think that he forgot about the issue (since he had a few other things on his mind) and one of the FOM representatives said to me "Just go hand them to him." So, without thinking, I walked in and tried to hand them to him. Of course, Herbie Blash sent me packing before I had any success. As soon as I got back out of the gate the same FOM representative took them from me and left at a dead run to go into the FIA scruitineering bay to give them to Justin for me.

I apologised to Derek Mower afterwards since my actions could have caused serious problems, but, I think you can see from my story that my intentions were good.

As for the other inpolite comments made by Paddock Spy, I won't justify them with my thoughts.

Once again, my apologies to everyone concerned and I am glad that my actions did not cause any harm in the end.

Mark Hope
Managing Director
Downforce Management Ltd.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 09:19 (Ref:141612)   #9
R
Veteran

Wow!