Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Oct 2005, 23:22 (Ref:1433178)   #1
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AVE$$CO to remove CAM$ from the loop???

Interesting "Interested Spectator" in race contol at Bathurst, (as reported in one of this weeks publications)

A former senior AVE$$CO employee (with allegedly no motorsport background prior to his past appointment) is being publicly touted as the annointed one, set to step in when Captain Julius Marlow gives up being Race Director.

Is this an AVE$$CO ploy, to circumvent CAM$ totally?

With their own man running the show, the only thing left for them to cover themselves, is Insurance, and AASA have proven how easy it is to source & provide an alternative to the Confederation......

World Domination or the rambling of an old fool, you have a think about it and make up your own mind............
Old 14 Oct 2005, 01:26 (Ref:1433225)   #2
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would AVESCO and Bob be able to put the past behind them?
Old 14 Oct 2005, 01:38 (Ref:1433231)   #3
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
After some further discussions this morning, I might be a rambling old fool after all.

At present, Schenken is the ONLY FIA approved or licenced race director
available in Australia/New Zealand.
Because the V8's are now an International Series, the FIA is the body that appoints this key position - not CAMS - therefore all AVESCO can do is 'recommend' someone to the position once Schenken disappears from the scene - but unless that person has the relevant INTERNATIONAL experience, the FIA would not permit them to take up that role.

It also appears the FIA haven't been too happy with having only Schenken available for these rounds and they have insisted (the FIA that is) on Schenken training up at least two more people that could fill his role just in case he gets hits by a tram! ( for the non melbournians the No 3 route is the closest tram to CAM$ towers)

And one of the primary requirements for this role is a relatively long history of
involvement in motor sport.

So on the strength of that Larry Perkins & Alan Jones are 2 Ex F1 racers that might fit the bill.

Imagine having Larry as Race Director for V8SC, how much fun would that be.....???

As a side note:

I am also led to believe that apparently 'Big' Timmy Schenken had been sounded out, about taking on the role of Race Director for the A1 GP series, but as there are clashes with V8 SC, and no approved sucessor this wasn't able to happen.

So the moral of this story is,

When playing in your own duck pond, don't be too protective of the scraps of bread, as one day you might get offered a croissant in the larger pond next door.

But you cant go & eat it because you hadn't taught the baby ducks around you how to swim properly.
Old 14 Oct 2005, 02:11 (Ref:1433243)   #4
hml2777
Racer

Cuba
Guantanamo Bay
hml2777 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So the moral of this story is "when you live in a duck pond, you should throw bread crumbs"
Old 14 Oct 2005, 02:36 (Ref:1433260)   #5
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are also other candidates available who are current race directors of AVESCO support acts.
Old 14 Oct 2005, 02:49 (Ref:1433266)   #6
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JABWOA
There are also other candidates available who are current race directors of AVESCO support acts.

Indeed, and numerous CAM$ Officials holding a C 1 grading (the most senior Clerk of Course) which by the CAM$ manual definition allows them to officiate at International level meetings.

The Race Director role is only a very short step for a C of C, especially an experienced one; althought it seems in reality to be more of a hop, step & jump.........
Old 14 Oct 2005, 09:32 (Ref:1433426)   #7
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a minor point here, but if AVESCO becomes 'V8 Supercars' does there need to be a new agreement written up that would allow 'V8 Supercars' to run V8 Supercars?' I say that because it is rumoured that AVESCO itself will fold leaving it with no assets. The way i see it is that will happen so that the original Chinese promotor cannot claim damages from AVESCO seeing that it will in reality no longer exist.
Old 14 Oct 2005, 11:06 (Ref:1433487)   #8
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you need another drink Pete, or maybe I need one
Old 14 Oct 2005, 11:20 (Ref:1433496)   #9
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri
I think you need another drink Pete, or maybe I need one
Trouble is i'm not allowed to have one. Zero alcohol in my job.
Old 14 Oct 2005, 11:24 (Ref:1433500)   #10
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok well I'll have one for you.
Very confusing situation with the whole thing.
Old 14 Oct 2005, 11:41 (Ref:1433516)   #11
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
Trouble is i'm not allowed to have one. Zero alcohol in my job.
Off topic I know but as a non-drinker by choice, I'm just curious - what sort of job requires that? (Or are you just posting at work?)
Old 14 Oct 2005, 23:35 (Ref:1434061)   #12
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Pete's definitely not a journalist then

I think you'll find that as part of setting up the "phoenix" company, the agreement will be transferred to the new company. It really only requires the consent of the parties signed to the contract. That's if they were silly enough to actually hold a contract of that importance in the main trading company.
Old 4 Nov 2005, 10:55 (Ref:1451978)   #13
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cranker
After some further discussions this morning, I might be a rambling old fool after all.

At present, Schenken is the ONLY FIA approved or licenced race director
available in Australia/New Zealand.
Because the V8's are now an International Series, the FIA is the body that appoints this key position - not CAMS - therefore all AVESCO can do is 'recommend' someone to the position once Schenken disappears from the scene - but unless that person has the relevant INTERNATIONAL experience, the FIA would not permit them to take up that role.

It also appears the FIA haven't been too happy with having only Schenken available for these rounds and they have insisted (the FIA that is) on Schenken training up at least two more people that could fill his role just in case he gets hits by a tram! ( for the non melbournians the No 3 route is the closest tram to CAM$ towers)

And one of the primary requirements for this role is a relatively long history of
involvement in motor sport.

So on the strength of that Larry Perkins & Alan Jones are 2 Ex F1 racers that might fit the bill.

Imagine having Larry as Race Director for V8SC, how much fun would that be.....???

As a side note:

I am also led to believe that apparently 'Big' Timmy Schenken had been sounded out, about taking on the role of Race Director for the A1 GP series, but as there are clashes with V8 SC, and no approved sucessor this wasn't able to happen.

So the moral of this story is,

When playing in your own duck pond, don't be too protective of the scraps of bread, as one day you might get offered a croissant in the larger pond next door.

But you cant go & eat it because you hadn't taught the baby ducks around you how to swim properly.
Well well Well, three holes in the ground.

The Frenchies have caved in and thrown Timmy a croissant after all, geez I might have been a bit hasty in dishing out backhanders in the Schenken direction.

http://www.cams.com.au/content.asp?P...e&ObjectID=662

Nah any backhander given was probably just a catch up for ones past missed.

Interesting times at CAM$ at the moment, especially regarding the Board member who had the misfortune of seeing an e-mail of his posted on a motorsport forum. Shame he was critical of some of those around him......

The self appointed " Union Delegate for the Car Clubs" might be hanging his shingle elswhere very soon, if my spies are in the know.
AASA would love an addition to their board, especially one with intimate working knowledge of the opposition, and a potentially fierce hatred of his previous allegiance

Hey, my spies were right about Schenken, I just twisted the knife too much.........

As the signature says..........